THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#655017 - 01/16/11 10:51 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? *** [Re: Dan S.]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
And don't even get me going on the unreported income.

Someone should yell "thief!!".

smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#655027 - 01/16/11 11:00 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

It is when you ask me for help and are unemployable because of your illegal drug use.
If you're self sufficient, snort coke or suckstart a shotgun, I don't care!

#655028 - 01/16/11 11:01 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

I care that you're a thief.

#655046 - 01/16/11 11:29 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
BD

There are so many incorrect assumptions and contradictions in your ramblings that I simply don’t have the energy to take them all on. But, know this. The meth head at the boat ramp is almost certainly NOT on unemployment or any form of welfare. There are NO welfare programs that I am aware of, and I used to work in the welfare branch of DHHS, that pay any benefit to a single, able males.

There are lots of folks, about 14.5 million, out of work, and many of them get unemployment or did until it ran out. So if this poor guy had a toke on his neighbor's bong two months before he became unemployed you want to cut him off of the benefits he earned. His kids and wife can suffer , what do you care?

This hypothetical person has done nothing to harm society, unlike you who are a tax cheat, but you want to sit in judgment on them. You should be ashamed.

I would be much quicker to deny benefits to a tax cheat than to a guy who smoked the occasional joint.
I think AM did a pretty good assessment of what you are.

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."

Corinthians (ch. XIII, v. 1)

Edited by Dave Vedder (01/16/11 11:30 PM)

#655066 - 01/17/11 12:00 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Stam,
Yes, I agree that the rich take more from the government, they also pay more, but that still doesn't give them the right.
Actually, on your advice, I am. I'm going to hire him to reroof my house, shop and a rental this summer.

I don't begrudge any needy, clean person public assistance, it's there for a reason. I'm not a believer in rehab programs. A recent trade publication said that only 15-20% meth users successfully make it through rehab and stay clean from meth. Honestly, people who want to get clean, will, those who don't, unfortunately will end up in prison. Hopefully they will get the help they need.
Pot users only hurt themselves. If it's really not addictive, then it's a choice and they can easily quit. Meth on the other hand is highly addictive, and almost always spirals downward. With most meth addicts, the amount they collect in welfare, isn't going to make or break them. $300 means very little when you have a $1500-$3000 a month habit. I'm well aware of this being that my shop has been broken into 4 times last year. Dealing with them is going to be a lose, lose, likely lose. Leave em on the street and they will rob you blind to feed their habit, arrest them and everybody pays to keep them in jail, or pay for their rehab and hope like hell they can stay clean. In short, I don't have a real answer that's going to please everyone, but continuing to pay them with taxpayer money to feed their habit is not the answer.

#655067 - 01/17/11 12:02 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: SBD]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Do we have to drug test unemployed folks to pick up trash on the streets here in Seattle?

#655069 - 01/17/11 12:04 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: AuntyM

So, let's say two parents are working poor, and their kids get free school lunches and the family gets food stamps. Let's say dad goes fishing with his buddies one weekend and smokes some pot to relax and unwind from his daily grind.

The following week, he takes a test down at DSHS and tests positive.

Now the family loses their free school lunches and food stamps, so they use wages to buy food but can no longer afford to pay rent, and wind up living in dad's car.

Brilliant... The stupidity of such a law is immense. The lack of a thought process involved in the creation of such a law is stupider still.

well, if he was smart he wouldnt have taken the toke so he wouldnt have to worry about it since he would have known the consequences.

#655073 - 01/17/11 12:07 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
unlike you who are a tax cheat

Im a little irritated that I am paying taxes for someone who is cheating me out of them...and I am fairly certain it isnt some dude at the boat ramp rofl

I think a moniker change is needed for someone wink

Yeah, I cheat the government out of $100 bucks a year, more but legally if you count my biodiesel. Yeah, I'm a regular Tim Geithner.

#655074 - 01/17/11 12:13 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Dan S. Offline

Stop!! Thief!!

wink

#655076 - 01/17/11 12:17 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Dave Vedder]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

There are NO welfare programs that I am aware of, and I used to work in the welfare branch of DHHS, that pay any benefit to a single, able males.

Then can you explain why I routinely respond to overdoses, or other drug induced calls and we find Oregon Trail cards (state welfare) on them??

#655077 - 01/17/11 12:18 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
New Rule:

As punishment for bait dunker freeloading on the roads that WE ALL pay for via legitimately buying gas (and thus paying our fair share of taxes) I propose the following punshment: NOBODY respond to anything bait dunker posts..

First, we'll all feel good about shunning the tax dodging, freeloading, hypocrite...

Second, he'll shrivel up and go away...

#655080 - 01/17/11 12:21 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: boater]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Originally Posted By: boater
Originally Posted By: AuntyM

So, let's say two parents are working poor, and their kids get free school lunches and the family gets food stamps. Let's say dad goes fishing with his buddies one weekend and smokes some pot to relax and unwind from his daily grind.

The following week, he takes a test down at DSHS and tests positive.

Now the family loses their free school lunches and food stamps, so they use wages to buy food but can no longer afford to pay rent, and wind up living in dad's car.

Brilliant... The stupidity of such a law is immense. The lack of a thought process involved in the creation of such a law is stupider still.

well, if he was smart he wouldnt have taken the toke so he wouldnt have to worry about it since he would have known the consequences.

Not smart, by definition.

#655083 - 01/17/11 12:23 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Originally Posted By: bait dunker
There are NO welfare programs that I am aware of, and I used to work in the welfare branch of DHHS, that pay any benefit to a single, able males.

Then can you explain why I routinely respond to overdoses, or other drug induced calls and we find Oregon Trail cards (state welfare) on them??

You respond because you are a Good Guy! And thank you for that. Not a lot to offer, but most heart felt.

#655100 - 01/17/11 01:52 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Anybody here sold anything in our local PP board? Is that considered income? Funny, isn't it? Selling via a public board which is certainly documentable (sp) and thinking that it is tax exempt? I would hope that it will not become an issue with any tax collectors, but then again nothing would surprise me.

#655122 - 01/17/11 04:30 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: McMahon]
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
Originally Posted By: McMahon
The only time cops do anything safety-oriented is when they're asleep. Most of the time they're just busy shooting unarmed civilians and taking our money, but I digress...

Last time I checked, local cops don't receive drug tests. Federal LE doesn't either.

If they shoot someone, it's a solid bet they're pissing in a cup soon after.

#655135 - 01/17/11 09:37 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Doctor Rick]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.

Edited by boater (01/17/11 02:37 PM)

#655141 - 01/17/11 10:13 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Originally Posted By: bait dunker

Not familiar with Oregon Trail card, but again, there are zero federal programs that provide funds to able bodied males, and there are none in washington that do either. Not familial with Oregon programs but doubt they do either. A quick search of the oregon DSH site revealed the cards are most likely for food stamps or benefits based on dependent children. Would you dney the children food because thei father is a dirt bag?

Can you explain why you would have so many instatces where it is necessary to go through a victim's pockets to see these cards you see so often. How many of these have you seen this way?

Edited by Dave Vedder (01/17/11 10:22 AM)

#655148 - 01/17/11 11:02 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Dave Vedder]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Not familiar with Oregon Trail card, but again, there are zero federal programs that provide funds to able bodied males, and there are none in washington that do either. Not familial with Oregon programs but doubt they do either. A quick search of the oregon DSH site revealed the cards are most likely for food stamps or benefits based on dependent children. Would you dney the children food because thei father is a dirt bag?

Can you explain why you would have so many instatces where it is necessary to go through a victim's pockets to see these cards you see so often. How many of these have you seen this way?[/quote]

As you may have read before, I'm a firefighter/EMT, I work 24 on, 48 off. When I'm not at my job, I'm running a small business that I own. There is a small volunteer fire dept next to my shop, I volunteer there when I can. Combined, I would say I attend an average of 3 calls a day. If a patient is Unconscious/unresponsive or uncooperative, then often times the police (if on scene) or my partner will open the patients wallet/check pockets to get basic information, ie. Name, dob, etc, it's not uncommon to see an Oregon trail card in the wallet/pocket as well. As for how often I see this, a conservative guess would be 1:10 patients.

#655154 - 01/17/11 11:33 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

I appreciate your work as an EMT/Firefighter.

But you didn't answer my question regarding what you would do regarding welfare payments and food stamps for the family of the guy who fails the drug test. Remember almost ALL welfare type programs are based on dependents. No dependents, no welfare. Would you do the same if they were proven to have had a drink in the past few months?

Edited by Dave Vedder (01/17/11 11:38 AM)

#655184 - 01/17/11 01:30 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Dave, if a man tests positive for drugs, in my opinion he should be cut off of financial aid. The mother would be free to join up, but as I understand it, welfare benefits are usually in the mothers name. Perhaps if both parents refuse to clean up for the sake of their children, the children might be better off removed from the home. I don't say that lightly, but what decent parent would jeopardize their families financial security over a little pot? If both parents are on meth, heroin, etc., and cant stop, that can't be a good environment to raise children. To address your other question, no, I don't think people on public assistance should be drinking alcohol either, but that is legal, and I'm not sure how you would go about enforcing a ban on it for welfare seekers. If they have no money for food, they shouldn't have money for beer either.

This is not about me being "better" than anyone else, When I was 19 I was homeless the summer after highschool. Lived in my car, then a tent at the KOA until I could afford an apartment and go to school, now I'm on track to be retired at 50, through hard work. Many people on this site think I'm dumb as a post, so if I can become successful, why can't others?

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, DrifterWA), 1440 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |