Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65955 - 04/21/02 09:26 PM angle lake has got the fish
scrawny Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
I took my kids up there today and we did alright trolling flat fish hard to get them little ones to stick on an f-4 my daughter hooked a fish came right to the boat my 6yr old son wanted to net it and I said sure he went to get it and I looked at that fish and it was probably 6 or 7# like a steelhead so I took the net and as soon as I touched the water it shook the lure I wonder if it was a triploid? it had spawned out colors like a summer run in the early winter

#65956 - 04/21/02 09:59 PM Re: angle lake has got the fish
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
About time they stock Angle. You probably caught a healthy carryover. Triploids don't spawn they are sterile. WDFW put a bunch of triploids in Angle last year. cool

#65957 - 04/22/02 05:25 PM Re: angle lake has got the fish
ceviche01 Offline
Fry

Loc: Seattle
After having caught a 4lb'er at Angle, as well as what had to have been triploids at Martha Lake, I have only one question to ask you: did the fish fight hard? The fish I caught at Angle a year or two ago I now think was a regular carryover and not a triploid. That one put up a pretty good fight compared to the fish I caught at Martha. It would seem that triploids have a reputation for the energy of fixed house cat. I find myself tending to agree. Given the 50ft depth of Angle, anything is possible.

#65958 - 04/23/02 01:21 AM Re: angle lake has got the fish
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
Ya know last year me and my lady were out on Angle and we saw this swirling in the water and all of a sudden a fish that was easily 30 inches rolled 2 or 3 times then it was gone. I know they put trips in there but this looked like a brown trout. Realy gold and dark backed. Not a carp. I don't think there are carp in there and it is a pretty deep lake and spring fed. I also frequently read big fish on the bottom around 40-50ft straight out from the dock on the drop off. Also on the steep stairstep dropoff on the east end. So who knows.

#65959 - 04/23/02 08:30 PM Re: angle lake has got the fish
scrawny Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
we hooked that fish in about 13ft of water in the back corner next to 188th I was half way through my turn around and it jumped a couple of times but came right in like a little one man I was more upset about loseing that fish than my kids were they were yelling about catching another one and dad was getting cold

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1111 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |