Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#679095 - 04/24/11 01:39 PM Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! *****
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
What a joke!

Down on the Cowlitz yesterday this was the scene, guys on seadoo's "drift" fishing, and this Darwin Award nominee who launched his 21' Trophy Dual outboard offshore rig at blue creek!!

Evidently, this guy was running downriver shooting huge softball size rocks 10+ feet in the air as his 2 Merc outboards dug their own channel, he made it to the first corner down before losing power (and his props and likely lower units) and continuing to smash into the high wall below blue creek.

Update:

Originally Posted By: mitch184
IT WAS THE SAME GUY!!!! His jet ski died down the side channel below the launch. So he got a ride back up to the launch. Then decided to go home, get his Trophy and dump in it to go retrieve his jet ski....

Then he float down the skinny side channel to his jet ski. Hooked it up and tried to tow it back up to the launch. Shooting rocks and spinning both props. And he wasn't towed back up stream, he brought his rig down to the property and almost sunk his newer ford diesel trying to pull it out....

End of story, lots of sheriffs, tons of boat damage and a story I won't soon forget.

Edited by GodLovesUgly (04/24/11 05:06 PM)
I want to be a fisherman.

#679098 - 04/24/11 01:41 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: GodLovesUgly]
Starfish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Richland, WA
Holy cow. The guy with the Trophy really should get a trophy for that.

The jet ski idea doesn't sound nearly as bad. Did he catch any?

#679099 - 04/24/11 01:42 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: GodLovesUgly]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Just when you thought you seen it all. grin

- Albert Einstein.

#679101 - 04/24/11 01:46 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: Sol Duc]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Didn't see the jetski catch anything. The biggest problem with those guys on seadoo's is they drift without power, so they end up floating into shore anglers feet, or into other boats. You can see he is closing in on the bow of another boat in that picture.

#679103 - 04/24/11 01:48 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: GodLovesUgly]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Never a dull moment down there.

#679104 - 04/24/11 01:50 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: GodLovesUgly]
Man of logic Offline
Spawner

Loc: the moon
They're bucket listers.

#679105 - 04/24/11 01:54 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: GodLovesUgly]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: GodLovesUgly
What a joke!

the Cowlitz

I agree

#679114 - 04/24/11 02:08 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: ]
fish monger Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I'm still trying to figure out how someone that stupid can have that much money to burn.

#679116 - 04/24/11 02:11 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: fish monger]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Originally Posted By: fish monger
I'm still trying to figure out how someone that stupid can have that much money to burn.

Dad dosen't know his boat is missing yet?

There's a sucker born every minute

#679117 - 04/24/11 02:13 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

My ex gf said to me once.."Look hun, there's another boat named... "Trophy" still makes me smile. rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#679122 - 04/24/11 02:17 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: Sol Duc]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

classic

#679130 - 04/24/11 02:38 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: Fast and Furious]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
The Jetski thing is oldhat ... even in high school on the Willamette, guys used to troll on Jetskis around Sellwood quite frequently. Typically, when they hooked up, they let the jet ski float and boarded another boat for a net job ... then the boat would run them back to their PWC. Used to see barges trolling as well, but I imagine they were always going way too fast to ever catch anything.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#679139 - 04/24/11 03:04 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: Bob]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
LOL

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#679150 - 04/24/11 04:44 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: Jason Beezuz]
mitch184 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens
Uh..... you didn't get the whole story dude. IT WAS THE SAME GUY!!!! His jet ski died down the side channel below the launch. So he got a ride back up to the launch. Then decided to go home, get his Trophy and dump in it to go retrieve his jet ski....

Then he float down the skinny side channel to his jet ski. Hooked it up and tried to tow it back up to the launch. Shooting rocks and spinning both props. And he wasn't towed back up stream, he brought his rig down to the property and almost sunk his newer ford diesel trying to pull it out....

End of story, lots of sheriffs, tons of boat damage and a story I won't soon forget.

Edited by mitch184 (04/24/11 04:46 PM)

#679152 - 04/24/11 04:48 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: mitch184]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Was his name Omar?

#679154 - 04/24/11 04:53 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: mitch184]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Uh..... you didn't get the whole story dude. IT WAS THE SAME GUY!!!! His jet ski died down the side channel below the launch. So he got a ride back up to the launch. Then decided to go home, get his Trophy and dump in it to go retrieve his jet ski....

eek2 eek2 eek2
And I thought the local boat ramp was entertaining.
That guy needs to take up a different pasttime.....off the water.

#679157 - 04/24/11 05:03 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: mitch184]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

I had heard that the jetski guy was the same person who brought out the trophy, but was not sure and couldn't confirm. I was fishing off the shore at blue creek that day and only saw the trophy launching, didn't know what happened after that. I didn't take the pic of the trophy on the beach, I did take the pic of the jetski though.

Edited by GodLovesUgly (04/24/11 05:03 PM)

#679158 - 04/24/11 05:07 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: GodLovesUgly]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

I can't help but wonder why someone with that kind of money wouldn't just buy a sled????

#679159 - 04/24/11 05:11 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: summerrun]
mitch184 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens
Originally Posted By: summerrun
Was his name Omar?

Ha. Nope. Omar was with me but only took pictures of this debacle.

And no that wasn't the trophy in the pic. Same guy, lived down around tacoma it sounded like.

#679162 - 04/24/11 05:29 PM Re: Welcome to the Cowlitz River CLOWNSHOW! [Re: GodLovesUgly]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

The first pic has a Northwest Jet sportjet in the right hand side of the pic, a big red one.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 959 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |