THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68359 - 09/16/02 09:51 AM Re: Green River Silvers!
troller Offline
Spawner

Loc: Renton , WA
We put in 6 hours sunday and didnt get a thing. Tried wiggle warts (green, red, and blue) dick nites, bait busters. fish seemed to be pretty tight lipped. Did it pick up sunday after noon. Does anyone no how high up the indians net. Also do you have to weave thru them to get down stream or do they leave the middle open. I have tommorow off work and was going to go fishing but probably will cancel if I cant get past the nets. I am moored above the 14th ave bridge. Hey Easy limits I saw you out their didnt get a chance to talk to you before you headed back up river. I was in the green alumaweld trolling three poles. Hey when you were talking tide change are talking the high tide change.

#68360 - 09/16/02 03:28 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I don't think high or low tide change really matters as much as just fishing a tide change. An incoming tide really brings in the fish.

BTW, I fished down off of S. 112th from the bank this morning. I hooked into three kings soon to broken off by their own raw power. eek eek I saw one guy catch a CHUM about 12 lbs. Another guy next to me caught a small Dolly Varden. Two fish that seemed to be out of place in the Green this time of year. rolleyes

#68361 - 09/16/02 03:56 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
What was everyone down there using? I am thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow morning.

#68362 - 09/16/02 03:57 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
troller Offline
Spawner

Loc: Renton , WA
I will be fishing again tommorow morning hopefully I can make it thru the nets to some clear water.

#68363 - 09/16/02 04:51 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

All of the guys fishing where I was fishing this morning were either pitching eggs or using Blue Fox's. I was using a size 3 orange body/gold blade Blue Fox. The water is still really stained so bright colors (orange, pink, red, white) will work best. Remember, single hook and barbless for non bouyant lures.

#68364 - 09/16/02 04:57 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
I stopped by for a look-see (@ 112th) and noted lots of fishing jumping and rolling. Saw one king released and 2 smaller coho put on the beach. I hung around for less than an hour as my day job was calling.

Newbee,
Lots of guys drifting eggs. The guys who hooked fish near me were tossing spinnners (looked like #4 and #5s).

JMS

#68365 - 09/16/02 07:00 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
Thanks for the info guys. I will be out there tomorrow morning.

#68366 - 09/16/02 09:16 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
kennyray Offline
Smolt

Loc: seattle
Hey Carl,

I see you've been doin' well!
Good Times cool
Let me get this straight.
Elliott Bay is open for Silvers
according to that link you posted
previously? Or did I misunderstand
that WDFW statement?

Ken

#68367 - 09/16/02 11:17 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I don't have the regs in front of me right now but I am pretty sure Elliott Bay is open for silvers.

You should try for them in the river. Smaller field of play and still chrome bright. smile There are so many of them in the river you can get wet fishing for them because they jump and splash you in your boat. eek

#68368 - 09/17/02 12:26 AM Re: Green River Silvers!
Fish Guy Keith Offline
Parr

Loc: WA
went out and got nothin today. But saw them roll all aroundd us !! oh well didnt see to many boated either!!

#68369 - 09/17/02 08:56 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Fish Guy Keith Offline
Parr

Loc: WA
Hey there Easy Limits are fishing by that Boeing building there with all the windows in it and a red (i think) bridge for pedestians when you fish from the bank?? If so I've probably seen you there quite a few times. I've fished that hole there quite a bit. I used to drag a small aluminum boat down the bank just up river from there and I've even packed it in there once. We should hook up sometime and go fishin and kill a beer or 2 or 3!

#68370 - 09/17/02 11:20 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Sure, we can hook up. I will be spending my weekends boating the river up to Pacific Hwy. Pulling Wiggle Warts all the way! :p

#68371 - 09/19/02 01:23 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
EASY,
can you give me directions to the lower river, ive never been down to it, is the lower river open? i checked the regs and its a confusing mess..from this bridge to the next is open and the this that bridge is closed from here to there, i would like to fish from the bank for silvers if i can..anyways, you can email with directions if you want..bb

#68372 - 09/20/02 02:36 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn
No luck this morning. Tried for 3 hours and out of the 20 people down on 112th I only saw one Silver caught all morning. Being the first time I have fished for Salmon (besides the Puyallup, yeah) it was fun.

Those silvers sure put on one hell of a feeding show. I enjoyed watching them naturally more than realing in nothing.

Also I could not beleive how the tide changed that river. When low tide hit it was LOW. I was walking up to my chest in water and when I came back I was on wet ground. Couldn't beleive such a drastic change.

But anyway had fun watching nature but wish I could have caught my FIRST SALMON. Maybe next time. I am determined. Hope the fish are on my side. Or atleast one of them.

Thanks easy for the help. DIdn't work but it at least got me there.

#68373 - 09/21/02 12:50 AM Re: Green River Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I caught two more silvers this afternoon fishing the Green. A 6.5 and 7 pounder. Both fish were caught trolling pink Wiggle Warts.

#68374 - 09/22/02 08:22 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

My cousin Mike picked up this nice coho Sunday morning. He caught it on a metallic pink Brad's Wiggler. This is his first fish on his new rod and reel. cool

#68375 - 09/22/02 09:29 PM Re: Green River Silvers!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Nice fish Carl. Mine was caught on a metalic green WiggleWart with a red spot on the bottom. Lots of fish in the Green but not many people catching fish. Sad to see the Indians beginning to net when I left.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Krijack), 398 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |