Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#707054 - 09/29/11 12:49 AM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Salmo g.]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
It never ceases to amaze me that so many Americans are willing to sacrifice the Bill of Rights.

Sg

What is even more amazing is these same sheepeople vote against their own economic well being.

#707088 - 09/29/11 11:11 AM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Illahee]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
"Geez I would think you dark side addicts would know a joke by now....pretty quick to freak out looking for a fight..."

They suffer from belief dependant realism, this causes them to attack anything that even looks like it threatens their beliefs. You can see them group up which is another symptom of BDR, when they have little in the form of information or facts they believe a group of like minded people makes them stronger and they can force out dissenters. Typical and standard weak minded people right out of the book.

On top of this they have become constitutional scholars thumping the Constitution like a bible claiming to know more than the legal professionals who have dedicated their entire lives to the document. . The 4th and 5th amendment cases were decided back in the 80's and have been tested since with little to no success. BDR shows the cabal here believes it is just a matter of getting the right court lined up to overturn the legality of drug testing. Option one for BDR’s is a standard run of the mill conspiracy theory, in this case one of politicians and the corporate entity controlling the world. When logic and factual data fail the BDR suffers always pull the cord on this parachute.

The truth of the matter is that anyone proving housing and accepting HUD funds is required to screen applicants for drug, gun, violence and sex offenses today. If certain offenses are found they are prohibited from allowing those people to live in the subsidized housing and if they are found to be living in such housing and a qualifying offense is found they are evicted. The only place such crimes are allowed is in private housing not receiving HUD funds typically run by charitable organizations and some municipalities. This is a quid pro quo relationship between the recipients of the subsidized housing. Roughly 10% of the recipients of aid have been found to be drug users and they commit a inordinate amount of the violent crime. This reflects a slightly higher number the general population. The tenants in subsidized housing do not want to live with the 10% just like we do not want drugs and violence in our communities.

Edited by Tom Joad (09/29/11 11:12 AM)

#707106 - 09/29/11 12:20 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Wonder if the Florida conservatives view this any differently.

Medical Marijuana Card Holders Prohibited From Buying Guns, Ammunition

#707110 - 09/29/11 12:32 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: goharley]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

BDR1 doubles down on the conspiracy theory with Citizens United . Standard BDR

BDR2 Doubles down with a ad hoc assortment of cases to support her BDR.BTW HUD does not screen anyone they simply have a requirement that eliminates eligibility for certain offenses. feel free to keep arguing with yourself as you have failed to notice I have not taken a position on drug testing of welfare recipients merely noted some information surrounding drug testing. Your ASSumption is large and embarrassing as usual, however typical of someone suffering from BDR.

If you cared to ask. I don't care either way I would leave it up to those most affected to self determine.

#707121 - 09/29/11 01:14 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: TJ
they simply have a requirement that eliminates eligibility for certain offenses

That's not screening, huh?

You are RIR-guy. That's Reality-Independant Reality.

You wouldn't know reality if it was beating lumps into your skull.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#707124 - 09/29/11 01:29 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Dan S.]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Member of the cabal BDR#3 shows up.

The requirement is not on the individual but on the owner /manager of the asset. Unless you want to make the case that the business is an individual?

Anymore unsupportable conculsions?

#707126 - 09/29/11 01:41 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Us and Them]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

BDR#2

"I've posted supportable facts and you have provided NADA."

No facts just ad hoc pieces of information. If you beleive you have made your case I suggest you get a law degree and make your case in a court. I am guessing but I would say there is millions of doallars at stake for the legal mind that can make such a case. All you did was support your BDR . The only place you have made your a case is in your mind .

#707127 - 09/29/11 01:42 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Us and Them]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Cmon Stlhd you are BDR#4

GH was smart enough to skirt the edges of this one.

#707130 - 09/29/11 01:48 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Us and Them]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

RIR #1 open his hole three times in a row because he's too f'n stupid to make three points in one post

Solid showing............now go set yourself on fire.

#707132 - 09/29/11 01:55 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Dan S.]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

"now go set yourself on fire."

That shtick is as old as always wearing all husky gear, all black or AC DC tee shirts. I noticed your hair style was also circa 1985. Its 2011 come up with something new, relevant or current. .

#707134 - 09/29/11 02:08 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Us and Them]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Can you really call something so useless a tool? How about a tool wanna be? TWB. Where's Rory?

#707139 - 09/29/11 02:44 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Corp America gets around that by having you sign your rights away. Even your right to sue. So the RWWJ think tanks need to figure out how they can get all of those "freeloaders" to sign away their rights as citizens and have it stick.

#707141 - 09/29/11 02:47 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: stlhead]
Krijack Online   content
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Aunty,
You make a big jump when you say I agree with drug testing, rather I was trying to provide one of the reasons behind it. I am not sure how I feel about it. I have a problem when I see a parent smoking, then using public funds to feed their child, but.... I still want that child fed. (I had a freind who would smoke, take drugs and drink heavy, and then ask me to buy his kid gifts for christmas because he had no money -showing me what he felt was most important)

Since we are not willing to take a child away, then we do own it to the child to try to provide him or her with at least the basic care.

You claim to have no problem with drug tests to protect the public in other jobs, but in getting a check to raise a child you have a problem. Are they not worth being protected... Again, welfare is not for the adult, but for the child. No one is saying that the recipient is a user, just acknowledging that if they want the check they must prove they are capable of raising a child. I have heard of other programs making parents of aid attend parenting classess. Do you have a problem with that?

I have no problem with that. What I am unsure of how to resolve is that I know the parent will just go off the radar and any chance of helping that child will probably disappear. On the other side, I also know that many serious users just trade away the cards and use the money to further decline. Since the whole purpose of Aid to dependent Children is to provide for the welfare of the child, the best means used to do so should be used. Agian, I am not sure that drug testing accomplishes that, but if it does, then I have no problem for that.

#707148 - 09/29/11 03:03 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Krijack]
Dan S. Offline

Choad is worried about my hair style and choices of attire.

rofl

Hey homo - go pay attention to some other man. You're giving me the creeps.

Here's something new and relevant - you're as queer as a 3-dollar bill.

#707149 - 09/29/11 03:09 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Krijack]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Last I checked smoking is legal and, tax wise, encouraged. It benefits you financially KR so don't be a hypocrite. If we want people to stop smoking then it should be illegal or at a minimum we wouldn't profit from their sale.

"I have heard of other programs making parents of aid attend parenting classess. Do you have a problem with that?"

Who pays for the classes? Is this eating up time that could be used looking for a job? Who babysits the kids?

Myself welfare should be more along the lines of unemployment where you report in every week or whatever. However, there's only so much you can do even with a known drug addict. You start cutting people off completely you will soon have a large crime wave or an expensive bill building more prisons.

I do find it ironic that the extreme right wants to ban abortion AND refuse to provide welfare. Oh I forgot the Amish will take care of them all.

#707151 - 09/29/11 03:21 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Dan S.]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Krijack,

You raise a separate but inter-related issue. Parental fitness, as in "fit to parent." Whenever the parent is unfit, the welfare of the child would be improved by removing him/her from the unfit parent and placing the kid elsewhere. But we only do that in extreme cases and generally permit people who are unfit to parent to freely breed and sorta' raise children. This gets at the "where do the rights of the parent (who is unfit) end and the rights of the child begin?" As a society we're still trying to figure out where to draw the line - Brave New World - style.

Sg

#707153 - 09/29/11 03:28 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: ]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Drug use doesn't cause poor people

confused with this comment...

#707186 - 09/29/11 05:39 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

BDR#1

And that justifies your belief in the conspiracy theory that corporations rule the world?, See the definition of BDR. Only a moron would take something to a court when they think they will lose. I forgot I was talking to the Queen of Quilcene where plating a few plants by the highway and decorating a set for a play counts as "changing the world"

#707192 - 09/29/11 06:01 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Us and Them]
Dan S. Offline

It IS TheKing, isn't it?

rofl

Different username, same f'n goat.

#707196 - 09/29/11 06:08 PM Re: Drug Testing [Re: Dan S.]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

I won't tell anyone you dance in front of a mirror to "goodbye horses" DanS

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Krijack), 1218 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |