Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#713423 - 10/27/11 06:53 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

oh, and that right there, shows that the hunter in question was 100% legal shooting a deer with a shotgun, even if in the no shooting zone..

#713425 - 10/27/11 06:57 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

thats why it pays to read the regs, and when you think you have it figured out, read them again wink

#713461 - 10/27/11 09:10 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
Red you are getting closer to the truth. As stated in the game laws it is a firearm restriction area. However, not a no shooting zone.

The county zoning ordinances come into play next. There are golf course communities in the area and I am sure that before they were developed we could shoot there, but now they are most likely rezoned to no shooting.

That area around Cabelas used to hold a LOT of NICE bucks. They fed on the excess whey from the cheese factory. Not to be a "chitwipe chickenshit " but it is with mixed emotions when I visit Cabelas and see all of the trophies and think about the habitat they have destroyed in the name of sportsman. flame away !

Thurston County Code of Ordinanses:
10.04.390 Discharge of firearms

Plus the guy didn't tag the deer. He called his mother who is disabled and lives within a few miles to get over ASAP with her tag.

AS I was on the phone with one of the deputies leaving the scene she said they were looking into the no shooting ordinance. I did not stay with the poacher for his interviews but I had a good accounting of what was said by the lady whose property they used to access the meat.

#713539 - 10/28/11 12:02 AM Re: poacher! [Re: Todd]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: Todd

There's not really any reason that I posted that pic, beyond the fact that I really wanted to but couldn't really find anywhere appropriate to do so...and since nowhere was appropriate, that kinda means anywhere was.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Beware the Drunken Octopus.

Todd- Lay off the Pabst.

Coley- I'm not a cop? wink

#713548 - 10/28/11 12:13 AM Re: poacher! [Re: cobble cruiser]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
I had to take a legal class for work once wink Only retained a few bits and pieces though...

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#713575 - 10/28/11 01:49 AM Re: poacher! [Re: ColeyG]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
RvW has already shown us all what a moronic tool he is, so taking his opinion into account is like listening to Glen Beck on the subject of Social Security.

The obvious issues at hand here are 1) Trespass and 2) No shooting zones

1) if you are even the most strict libertarian and conservative consider private property rights above all, and the fact that some--any-- retard can march onto your property and open fire on whatever the fvck they feel fit is a blatant violation of your rights.

2) OK No shooting zones-- Lets pretend we live in a modern civilized society where modern weapons can fire projectiles that can travel over a mile. Weird, huh? And even weirder--Let's pretend that since the 1840's, "Homesteads" have sprung up so close together that many neighbors these modern days can even travel to their nearest neighbor by wagon or by horse and still make it back home before supper.
Now imagine if all those homesteaders lived so close that the errant discharge of a blunderbuss posed a threat to the life & liberty to any nearby pioneer. Crazy, right? Why would it be undemocratic if those pioneering homesteaders gathered in the local Town Hall and passed a law of the land that deemed it illegal to discharge a musket within the area where doing so might endanger the public at-large?

I guess logic and fancy words might confuse some of our reality-challenged (RvW) citizens, so I tried my best to put it in terms they could understand. If any of them need help, I will happily come onto their property and start shooting at everything that moves.

If they complain, I will cite the 2nd Amendment and then shout "OPEN SEASON, BITCH!!" before I kill them in front of their family.

#713581 - 10/28/11 02:08 AM Re: poacher! [Re: Irie]
redhook
Unregistered

ummm, i think RvW knows more about guns, and laws, than both of us combined... pretty harsh statement there.

#713583 - 10/28/11 02:14 AM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: redhook
ummm, i think RvW knows more about guns, and laws, than both of us combined... pretty harsh statement there.

Go fvck yourself, queer. I could outgun that faggoty little churchboy any day of the week.

Near or far.

#713585 - 10/28/11 02:18 AM Re: poacher! [Re: Irie]
redhook
Unregistered

um OK, first off, i have never met RvW, nor do i know him, so for you to blow your wad and call me a queer? FER REALZ?

i have however gotten into arguements with RvW on another site, and have been slaughtered by him.. he knows his schit, if he dont want to take up the bet, i sure as [censored] will for him, i love guys like you, makes it that much more fun for me...

near, or far....

BET.......

#713591 - 10/28/11 03:04 AM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
"No Shooting" areas (usually municipal or county ordinances) are NOT the same as "Firearms Restricted" areas ( which is a WDFW management term)...

There is no federal question whatsoever, so don't get distracted by any "federal this" or "federal that"...this is a state and local issue, 100%.

You cannot shoot a gun in a "No Shooting" area...period.

A "Firearms Restricted" area is as defined above...and mainly means you can shoot damn near anything, 'ceptin' a centerfire or rimfire rifle.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. If he was filling the tag of a disabled hunter, the disabled hunter probably should have been present, with her tag.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#713609 - 10/28/11 10:27 AM Re: poacher! [Re: Irie]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
hardcore......

#713638 - 10/28/11 11:46 AM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Loc: Kitsap, WA
Check pages (pdf pg.) 77 & 78 of the WDFW hunting publication.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01184/wdfw01184.pdf

Your area may fall under this partial listing, but there may be other local and RCWs that allow/deny he was doing in your neighbor's backyard.

RCW Target shooting rules do not apply to hunting according to: RCW332-52-145 It specifically states that hunting is regulated by the wdfw in para. 2. and this is from page 72 (pdf pg 77):

Restricted and Prohibited
Hunting Areas
These areas are closed by Fish and Wildlife
Commission action. Other areas may be closed to
hunting by local, state, or federal regulations.

I love how you we have so many rules that a law degree may be required for hunting by 2020.

#713646 - 10/28/11 12:07 PM Re: poacher! [Re: Ketaman]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Thanks Todd.

#713655 - 10/28/11 12:39 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Disabled hunter must be present with the designated hunter. You can not a just go shot a deer/elk/bear/whatever then go get them for a tag. Not the way it works. A no shooting zone means no shooting. The guy was in the wrong but I think there are likely better ways to deal with things and no I would not concider this guy a poacher. At least not how I look at it. .

There are also a few other questions. Did the guy even know he was in the wrong? I doubt it was trespassing as he was not ticketed which he would have been had this been a trespassing issue. This is not Chase's land as we go back to the trespassing thing which I am sure he would have pressed charges. The guy is a neighbor that took a deer in a legal hunting area, open for the said animal with a weapon that he should not have on this side of the road.

I guess it comes down to how to deal with this type of situation. When one sees something done wrong by a neighbor or friend, do you let the guy know it was wrong(incase they have no idea) and tell them if you ever see anything like this again they will get a a$$ beating followed by being hauled away to the cop shop. Or do you cry that the deer was your pet, run away as he has already shot in a "no shooting zone" and thus murder is a short step way, all the while calling everyone branch of law enforcement to protect you. I guess I was just brought up that you correct the behavior youself if you can before calling teachers/mommy/daddy/cops/wardens.....ect. Difference between country fokes and city fokes I guess.

#713661 - 10/28/11 01:01 PM Re: poacher! [Re: docspud]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

"Did the guy even know he was in the wrong?"

yes

"I doubt it was trespassing as he was not ticketed which he would have been had this been a trespassing issue."

The first thing the deputy asked me was if I wanted to have him charged with trespassing. I replied that the property is not posted and I didn't actually see where he was shooting from. The deer was lying about 90' beyond my fence line on yet another property owners land.

When I held him at point with the cell phone he didn't know whether to [censored] or get off the pot. He didn't know if it was loaded or not. In this day and age these phones have GPS, videos, speed dialing , etc.

I don't consider it chickenchit to report him and put some distance between us. As Irie posted at some point we just can't have the shells flying over our homes. This is not the first time for this guy to be warned about gunplay

#713680 - 10/28/11 02:00 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

[quote=chasboThe first thing the deputy asked me was if I wanted to have him charged with trespassing. I replied that the property is not posted and I didn't actually see where he was shooting from. The deer was lying about 90' beyond my fence line on yet another property owners land. [/quote]

So it was not trespassing. If the guy shot a deer on your land with a shotgun it is not difficult to tell. Shotguns do a number on deer. It would have looked as if the deer had been hit by a cannon ball. If you could not have tracked the deer back to the point it was shot at you really would be citiot. I am sure any law enforcement officer could have. And it sounds as if the other prop owner did not press charges. So again not likely a trespassing issue.

This is an issue of a guy shooting in a no shooting zone. I am not saying what you did was wrong. Half the people around would likely act the same way. Is it chickshit.....some like RvW would say yes, some would say no. I am somewhere in betwen and what I am saying is there are different ways of dealing with things. What makes you sound bad is the deer are pets line followed by the scared to call until you ran away. Deer are not pets even when they eat apples out of your trees anymore than bears are pets, elk are pets, or any other animal that uses your yard as its own personal toilet/dinner plate are pets . And hunting season is OK and needed to control #'s of animals. If the guy shot the deer out of season, at midnight , or even if it was someone I did not know, I might react the same way you did. And just because the guy had a O'crap look when someone starts yelling about calling the cops does not mean he had any idea he was in the wrong(he would when someone starts yelling hence the O----- look).

As far as bullets shooting past your house I understand the worry but I would not loose to much sleep. Not likely to big of a deal if the law enforcement officer that live next door shoots all day long as well. Most people have a pretty good idea what they are shooting at and will not line a deer up with you livingroom window. You likely have a better chance of getting run over standing at your mailbox than getting shot with a stray round.

Bottom line is the guy was in the wrong but dont expect to post a story such as this and not get some people who say it could have been dealt with other ways.

Edited by docspud (10/28/11 02:03 PM)

#713682 - 10/28/11 02:09 PM Re: poacher! [Re: docspud]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

What does it mean to "press charges?"

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#713683 - 10/28/11 02:27 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ColeyG]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Verb to press charges

1.(intransitive, law) To formally accuse a person of a crime, especially by an ordinary person.
I'm pressing charges against you for assaulting me.
[edit] Synonyms(formally accuse of a crime): complain, accuse, file a complaint

Hope this helps.

#713685 - 10/28/11 02:33 PM Re: poacher! [Re: docspud]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

How about an example? You were just assaulted. What is the process you would follow to "press charges."

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

#713686 - 10/28/11 02:35 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ColeyG]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

"What makes you sound bad is the deer are pets line followed by the scared to call until you ran away."

I never used the word pets, and I don't do run.

Called as I was making my way back to the road so I could time the meeting with the sheriff. Just as I got back to the house I got a call from the 911 dispatch, the sheriff was at my house(the address I had given them) and no one was home. Well the sheriff was at the suspects house next door. At that point I knew things were not going to go well.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, DrifterWA), 1083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |