OK so get home from work about 5 today and see a bunch of deer eating apples in the back forty. One of them was a nice buck the other two (that I saw) were does.

I watched them for a bit and figured it was time for a cocktail and baseball . (didn't know about the rainout). got a cup of ice and headed out to my mancave for cigar and bloodymary. Just into the first swig BAM! A shotgun blast very near. I hustle out of the shop and BAM another. I was pissed. I hollered out "WTF we poaching again." BAM one more time and I direct my senses to the direction of the action. "This is a no shooting zone and you are poaching."

I armed myself with my cell phone and headed out. I heard a voice when I got close to where I suspected the source of the last shot was. Jumped a doe that had most likely been hovering over the body, crossed a fence and came across a nice 4pt (or so), dead untouched my human hands. Then I hear "Chuck , is that you?" ....yeap "phew I just wanted to make sure," he said with shotgun in hand.

(I got to the deer before the great hunter did)

I WAS PISSED!!! "WTF are doing poaching or neighborhood deer? we watch em grow, feed them apples and let the grandchildren enjoy them. You have no more self control than a little kid." etc.

He came back with"I didn't poach it cause it is open season."

"OK how about unlawful discharge of firearms?" was my quick retort as I told him I was callin 911 and took a couple of pics with him and his kill. Actually, I didn't call 911 until he went his way and I got out of his sight.

Sheriff lady dept shows up along with another sheriff. They sort it out and say that he violated no game laws as it was hunting season and one of his family members has a disabled permit therefore her son or husband can hunt for them. They give him the deer and a ticket for illegal discharge of a firearm! "A game agent is on his way out" , by now it is 6:15, getting dark, the buck is down with no tag and I got an armed neighbor that is probably pretty pissed at me.

This SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

Edited by chasbo (10/28/11 02:26 PM)