#707637 - 10/01/11 09:31 PM Wall Street Protest *
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen

#707652 - 10/01/11 10:37 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ParaLeaks]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
and don't forget encourage you to invest in the system Wall Sreet provides and then raids when they get short on profits. Of course if you don't like it you could always move to Yemen and become a target.. moose

There's a sucker born every minute

#707663 - 10/01/11 11:45 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: SBD]
Rooselk Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Burlington, WA
The righty Fox News Kool Aid drinkers would have us believe that it's only students and misguided young folks out protesting on Wall Street. But the truth is that labor unions and other organizatons have joined in.

I applaud what they are doing. Wish I could be there. It's preferable to be in the streets standing up to these bastards than kissing their ass, as conservatives would have us do.

#707665 - 10/02/11 12:00 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Rooselk]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

You would fit right in with the rest of those brain deads. wink

- Albert Einstein.

#707670 - 10/02/11 12:17 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

The cops need to hand out job applications instead of tear gas. rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#707682 - 10/02/11 01:59 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Rooselk Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
[quote=Rooselk]no surprise that dipshits ... support dipshits.

Congrats?

rofl

Is that the best you can do? Must say I've heard far worse from far better.

And that's the hypocricy of conservatives. When their Teabagger allies acted like brownshirts by disrupting town meetings a couple of years back, they applauded just as Fox News and the right wing talking heads told them to do. But let students and workers do a little protesting against corporate power then the wingnuts suddenly get all indignant and self righteous on us.

I've probably participated in a couple of hundred protests in my time, starting in 1967 when I was freshman in high school. I've actively actively opposed conservatives and conservatism my entire life. I detest right wing ideology and everything it stands for. And, yes,I'm damn proud of it. So thanks for the congrats.

#707684 - 10/02/11 02:56 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Rooselk]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

cryriver
cryriver
cryriver

- Albert Einstein.

#707693 - 10/02/11 07:50 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
topwater Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rocky Mountain High
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Rooselk

And that's the hypocricy of conservatives. When their Teabagger allies acted like brownshirts by disrupting town meetings a couple of years back, they applauded just as Fox News and the right wing talking heads told them to do. But let students and workers do a little protesting against corporate power then the wingnuts suddenly get all indignant and self righteous on us.

The difference should be obvious. If townhall meetings were disrupted, that's all that was disrupted. No police, no disruption of commerce or the lives of the general populace. Not so with the protests in NY and elsewhere.

of course the tea party wouldn't disrupt commerce... the corporations and billionaires funding the tea party wouldn't allow that.

i for one cannot believe that anyone would be opposed to the protests at the scene of the crime of the financial meltdown.

if only they were building a mosque in the area around wall street... then we'd have some acceptable protests.

#707694 - 10/02/11 08:58 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: topwater]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

cryriver Methinks that anyone who would protest "a couple of hundred" times about anything (no doubt "nothing" and "everything" belong as well) should just pack up their sh!t and leave this country......as nothing will ever be "good enough". cryriver

#707706 - 10/02/11 01:16 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Rooselk Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid

You probably would have said the same thing about slavery protests, womens suffrage, and civil rights protests. Of course yer an idiot, but I digress.....

True. History shows conservatives have opposed every single movement or legislation that has fought for the recognition or expansion of civil rights. Indeed, conservatives have contributed absolutely nothing to social progress and have always served as its obstacle.

From its founding the history of our country is the history of the struggles to expand civil and democratic rights to all our citizens. And conservatives have acted as the opposition every step of the way.

#707727 - 10/02/11 05:15 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Rooselk]
Rooselk Offline
Returning Adult

#707729 - 10/02/11 06:34 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Man of logic Offline
Spawner

Loc: the moon
viva la revolution bitches. We are the motherfucking 99%

#707731 - 10/02/11 06:59 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Man of logic]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Is that a "flock" or a "herd"? rofl

#707736 - 10/02/11 07:27 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: Rooselk]
No Warranty Offline
Juvenile at Sea

True. History shows conservatives have opposed every single movement or legislation that has fought for the recognition or expansion of civil rights.

You may want to read up on some of your history about which political party opposed civil rights the most.

#707741 - 10/02/11 07:42 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ParaLeaks]
Man of logic Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Is that a "flock" or a "herd"? rofl

It's a group of Americans that are sick of YOU.

#707742 - 10/02/11 07:48 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: No Warranty]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Quote:
You may want to read up on some of your history about which political party opposed civil rights the most.

He didn't say Republicans... he said Conservatives. At the time of the Civil Rights movement, most of the aforementioned bigots and simple-minded human detritus were southern members of the Democratic party known as "Dixiecrats".

Equating all liberals as Democrats and all Republicans as conservatives is a fairly recent phenomenon. Especially considering that 2 of our most famously progressive presidents, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt were members of the Republican party... and two of our most racially bigoted Senators, Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond were both Democrats initially.

Social conservatives ARE the reason we still are where we are in this country... and the quicker we can have them sterilized so they can't breed anymore... the better!

#707745 - 10/02/11 09:04 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: No Warranty]
Rooselk Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: No Warranty

True. History shows conservatives have opposed every single movement or legislation that has fought for the recognition or expansion of civil rights.

At various times in our history there have been progressives and conservatives in either or both of our political parties. For instance you can read about the presidency of Theodore Roosevelt, a Republican, and you will quickly earn that he faced stiff opposition from conservatives within his own party. At the same time, though, the Republican party was also the home of the Progressive movement. So it can truthfully be said that the liberal/conservative divide did not always break cleanly along clear party lines.

#707747 - 10/02/11 09:11 PM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: 4Salt]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Speaking of human detrius.......seems there are plenty of "double flushers" in our midst. Those gaseous turds are a result of digesting the BS which has been cultivated and with which they've become enamored. Of course the turds are permeated with copious amounts of hot air, so they just don't go down easily. Instead, they just float around and stink up the place. rofl

Aunty.......yours? Very nice! The resemblance is obvious. thumbs

#707776 - 10/03/11 01:01 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Man of logic Offline
Spawner

History shows conservatives have opposed every single movement or legislation that has fought for the recognition or expansion of civil rights. Indeed, conservatives have contributed absolutely nothing to social progress and have always served as its obstacle.

Did you know conservative icon Barry Goldwater was at one time a member of the N.A.A.C.P.? Did you know that while he was on the city council, he actively fought segregation in the Phoenix public schools?

You paint conservatives with a brush that's too broad. There are many who are not the demons you make them out to be.

wink

then make a list.

#707781 - 10/03/11 02:02 AM Re: Wall Street Protest [Re: ]
Rooselk Offline
Returning Adult

Did you know conservative icon Barry Goldwater was at one time a member of the N.A.A.C.P.? Did you know that while he was on the city council, he actively fought segregation in the Phoenix public schools?

You paint conservatives with a brush that's too broad. There are many who are not the demons you make them out to be.

wink

You might want to check Barry Goldwater's votes on the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts of 1964.

On the other hand it is certainly true that later in life he spoke out openly in favor of gay rights. But today's GOP is no more the party of Goldwater than it is the party of Lincoln or Roosevelt.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (eddie, NOFISH, 1 invisible), 483 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645370 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |