THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#730837 - 01/05/12 06:04 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Us and Them]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
They hired people qualified to do the job.

Making more of it than that just shows what an insecure little woman you are.

The number one reason for failure is being you.

Nobody wants to do your wife because she's a nasty skank, so you have nothing to worry about. Unless you catch the neighbor's dog in your house, of course.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#730840 - 01/05/12 06:22 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Dan S.]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Blazers play-by-play announcer, Brian "Wheels" Wheeler has a call when one of the Blazers does an "in yo face disgrace" and it's a classic.
Goes like this...

Oooooohhh !!......... That was naaaaaasty !!

The hated Lakers are in town tonight.

#730844 - 01/05/12 06:33 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Direct-Drive]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
A defenseive coach that lost 7 games this year cannot say they are qualified at much except losing. You hope they end up doing well and the fact that they are Ducks gives you no option but to rationalize it and defend it vigorously. I understand it after posting the only 0-12 in Pac 10 history and then having the worst defensive year in the programs history and then hiring Ducks to hopefully fix it would send anyone over the edge.

#730846 - 01/05/12 06:36 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Us and Them]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Tennesee's defense wasn't their problem, their offense was.

If you weren't such a donkey, you'd have figured that out.

But you are a donkey, so you should probably just go kill yourself.

#730851 - 01/05/12 06:47 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Dan S.]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Unless you are like 80 years old, hiring coaches that played for rivals is nothing new. If schools only hired their own alumni to coach, there would be a lot of unemployed coaches.
Oh wait, WSU hired one of their own. How'd that work out? They ended up eating their own.
I'm sure USC alumni were really pissed when Oregon Duck alumni John Robinson lead them to a national championship.
The list goes on...time for a reality check.

#730852 - 01/05/12 06:48 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: stonefish]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Yet another attempt at a Coog to try and feel superior about something, even if just for a minute...that ends in flames.

Sad.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#730869 - 01/05/12 07:30 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Todd]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

"Tennesee's defense wasn't their problem, their offense was."

Both were a problem they were ranked 28th in total defense and in the 90s in sacks and interceptions, behind the Cougs and the Huskies. Like most their buzz got them hired not their shear ability.

#730878 - 01/05/12 07:54 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Us and Them]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
"Tennesee's defense wasn't their problem, their offense was."

Both were a problem they were ranked 28th in total defense and in the 90s in sacks and interceptions, behind the Cougs and the Huskies. Like most their buzz got them hired not their shear ability.

The flip side of this argument is that a guy just got fired for putting together the worst defense statistically that has ever worn a UW jersey. He came with a really good resume, and had led a top level defense at USC. So, your defenses statistics don't mean a whole lot as stats don't usually answer all the questions. For example, how good is Oregon's defense statistically? They spend a lot of time on the field because their offense scores really fast. I would have to guess that Sark knows a little more about the guys he hired then we do and it isn't just about coaching them up on the field, these coaches have to be able to get in the living room and sell the program too.

#730879 - 01/05/12 07:55 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: DBAppraiser]
Dan S. Offline

You think Sark knows more than TJ ?

No way...........TJ is a self-proclaimed expert at EVERYTHING.

#730900 - 01/05/12 09:10 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

DBA , performance always trends to the mean over time. Holt was never going to be as good as he was at USC or as bad as he was at Washington year over year, The inside word is that he was too hard on the players and they quit listening to him.

8341 posts, an opus on what the little tiny guy does not know.

#730919 - 01/05/12 10:12 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Us and Them]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
DBA , performance always trends to the mean over time. Holt was never going to be as good as he was at USC or as bad as he was at Washington year over year, The inside word is that he was too hard on the players and they quit listening to him.

You haven't mentioned what is probably the biggest reason that Holt really got fired. There is a brand new stadium that has to be filled up and ticket prices for seats are extremely high including seat licenses/fees. If the Tyees want you gone, you are gone and another year of 7-5 football won't get those tickets sold. The team hadn't been selling out the current stadium the last couple years either so combined with a crappy defense, Holt gets canned. The next DC has to make great improvements next season or else the fire Sark rumblings are going to start too.

Too hard on the players....LOL. Bottom line is this: Holt didn't have enough speed and talent on defense and enough upper classmen to get the job done. In today's Pac 12 with all the spread offenses your guys have to be able to go sideline to sideline more than ever and the Dawgs can't do that. Oregon can, USC can, and Stanford isn't too bad at it either.

The worst part of this whole deal is I have just spent way too much time defending UW. I feel kinda dirty, gonna go take a shower now.

#730929 - 01/05/12 10:31 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Us and Them]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA

TJ...you mean "nothing lasts forever"? WOW...brilliant example! You are real sharp.................................

#730933 - 01/05/12 10:42 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: DBAppraiser]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser

Too hard on the players....LOL. Bottom line is this: Holt didn't have enough speed and talent on defense and enough upper classmen to get the job done. In today's Pac 12 with all the spread offenses your guys have to be able to go sideline to sideline more than ever and the Dawgs can't do that. Oregon can, USC can, and Stanford isn't too bad at it either.

It's year 3 for Holt and his recruiting should begin to show by now. If he couldn't recruit someone more athletic than those slower that $hit DB's and safeties that he has plugged into the starting lineup now, than things were only going to get worse (as they did in year 3 of his tenure)...

I don't want to use these examples as gold standards, but look at what Chip Kelly and Harbaugh have done (did* in Harbaughs case) to their programs in just a few years. 11-1 (or better) teams, competing in BCS bowls, all within that 4 year window that everyone talks about giving new coaches as an evaluation period..Granted, they stepped into a different situation than Sark, who inherited a program that was so god awfully bad, after Tyrone fukked the living $hit out of Montlake football, but you get the picture.... AD's aren't patient when they get their d*cks kicked in by the ducks or the trojans every year....

Edited by Knucklebustersonly (01/05/12 11:07 PM)

#730937 - 01/05/12 11:02 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

DBA,

My Parents have been Tyee members for 40 years, very few are connected enough to give input that effects the program. Most are geezers that care more about the quality of catering and where they get to park than anything else. If Tyee's had as much sway as you think there would not be Trojans and Ducks in the program. The story they are getting is he lost the confidence of his players with his harsh methods and they quit playing for him.

#730940 - 01/05/12 11:09 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Us and Them]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
DBA,

My Parents have been Tyee members for 40 years, very few are connected enough to give input that effects the program. Most are geezers that care more about the quality of catering and where they get to park than anything else. If Tyee's had as much sway as you think there would not be Trojans and Ducks in the program. The story they are getting is he lost the confidence of his players with his harsh methods and they quit playing for him.

You don't know much about the effects of "boosters" and other prominent members of ANY college alumni program.

Pull your head out of your a$$ and wake up to the dynamic landscape that is college football these days. Want to see the effects of powerful alumnis? See Phil Knight and Oregon.......... You don't think he has had any effect with whats gone on at Eugene these days?? Shiny helmets, dozens of jersey combos, computers for all the athletes on every team, flashy new stadiums and fancy workout facilities that would rival Bill gates complex?? Sure don't think the AD would like to step on his toes.... U of O would be just like Oregon State if it weren't for Daddy Knight....

Edited by Knucklebustersonly (01/05/12 11:14 PM)

#730951 - 01/05/12 11:37 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: DBAppraiser]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
Its been a big week at UW: Had to clean house on the defense, lost out on some high profile recruits, and got pummeled on nation tv.

Meanwhile, the Pirate of the Palouse has been mining Texas, Florida and other parts in the Southeast lining up recruits.

As much as I hate to say it, I tend to agree with Chuck: Polk would look pretty good along side Beastmode here in Seattle next year as a 3rd to 5th round pick.

The only defensive coach who was retained by Washington was defensive line and special teams coach Johnny Nansen who is also their recruiting coordinator and played LB at WSU as you probably already know.

I really don't care if an ex-WSU player or coach goes to a rival school to coach as they need the work and experience. Okay maybe Dick Baird is a goofball sometimes. I'm glad Moos cleaned house in Pullman and Leach is putting in his coaches and his Air Raid offense. I'm not sure that it is such a good idea for an alum to go back as head coach to his school.

Also Leach is getting players from southern California and luring recruits from other schools for a change. Have 8 visits scheduled to Pullman next week. Leach will have his coaching staff together this weekend to meet the players I've read.

#730965 - 01/06/12 12:02 AM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Steelheadman]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
It's about wins . Even if that means bailing kids out of jail prior to kick off. Not that sorta thing goes on in Pullman. smile

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#731040 - 01/06/12 10:28 AM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Magicfly]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

"You don't know much about the effects of "boosters" and other prominent members of ANY college alumni program. "

You are right thats why Don James and Slick were run out of town, both had overwhelming support of the boosters. Mike Price was hated by the majority of the boosters at WSU until late in his career there.

#731065 - 01/06/12 12:25 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Us and Them]
Dan S. Offline

Don James wasn't run out of town, stupid...........he quit because our POS AD Babs Hedges rolled over like a beaten pup for the Pac10 and he called bullsh!t.

FAIL

#731073 - 01/06/12 12:39 PM Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL [Re: Dan S.]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Talk to Don ,Mr 8341 posts knows everything, see what he has to say about it. The admin forced his hand he had no choice but quit. Where I live forced to resign = run out of town.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (seabeckraised), 1380 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |