THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73184 - 05/10/06 12:16 AM Re: New to fishin trout ...what do i use???
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
I did really well last weekend going with the old favorite an bright red f4 flatfish with a tiny egg weight (just to get it down a little maybe 3-5 feet) ahead of the swivel and a 3 foot leader tipped with a piece of nightcrawler it slayed them....I mean like 25 planters in no time all released...I am going to throw on a single hook to see if that gives better hooksets i dunno about that treble hook they come with

#73185 - 05/13/06 01:46 PM Re: New to fishin trout ...what do i use???
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia

just take half a worm, hook it on the bottom rear hook, squirt some stink oil on the whole works, throw it in the water, and drag it about 50 yds behind your boat at about a good walking pace.

#73186 - 05/31/06 10:16 PM Re: New to fishin trout ...what do i use???
fever Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellingham, WA
I got a tackle box of gear that has worked once or twice, but the set up that almost always produces fish either wild or stocked is a WORM!!

Troll it or sink it.

#73187 - 06/01/06 02:50 AM Re: New to fishin trout ...what do i use???
madcapmag Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Issaquah WA
My favorite trout trolling list:

Black size 6 Woolly Bugger
Green Perch size 70 Hot Shot
Frog F4 Flatfish

All 3 of these, I've found, are most effective when trolling VERY slow. I kick around in my float tube, but its like I'm waling really really slowly.

With the woolly bugger, I'll put line floatant (available in the fly-fishing section of all sporting goods stores) on the first 50-75 feet of main line, Then a small barrel swivel (size 12 or smaller), a 2 or 3 foot leader, then the wooly bugger. The line floatnat will keep it from sinking too far down.

Both the Flatfish and Hot Shot have a tendency to barrel-roll if you go to fast. Both have lots of action even when you are going slow. Its a test of patience, it real easy to go fast trying to cover water, but its more effective if you work each part thoroughly.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1248 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |