Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#74928 - 04/30/02 02:57 PM Turkeys??
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
I saw a lot of turkey talk going on here earlier. What happened, did y'all get outwitted by Mr Gobbler? rolleyes Just curious, because I didn't go... I'd like to hear how you did...don't need to know where, just tell us a "turkey" story. smile

#74929 - 04/30/02 09:41 PM Re: Turkeys??
DM Offline
Smolt

Loc: WASHINGTON
Your right there steel Mr. Gobbler out smarted me.
I left the weekend before opening day down to the kettle Falls area me and my bud stayed there for a week and saw a few birds but behind no trespass signs we were feeling prety bummed because we had gon all week with out a shot or a close encounter and we were set to leave friday. Here comes the story, we figured we would get friday morning and go hunting and be back in time to hit the road. So we set out to the place we had been going all week, we get there go threw the same rutine load the guns gather are calls ect.... and start up the hill into the woods wer're walking along when Gobble Gobble Gobble!!!, keep in mind it is still about 3a.m. and very dark so there still roosting so we get as close to where we think he is going to land as possible well i guess it wasnt close enough becuase when he came out of the tree he flew aboout 120yds up the hill and to make matters worse he allready had about 15 hens with him so you know now there is no calling him, we wait and wait until finally they started moving up the hill to where we could sneak on them but that was unsucsessfull and we never did get close enough but geees he was a nice tom maybe about a 17 18 pounder 8,9" beared. But we both went home with a grin on our faces happy from are not close enough encounter. smile smile

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |