Three Rivers Marine

Page 16 of 21 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#756994 - 05/01/12 12:26 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Illyrian]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Too bad Trayvon, instead of having Skittles, didn't have a cannon of his own...then when Zimmerman chased him down and accosted him, Trayvon could have shot him dead and availed himself of the Stand your Ground law.

Funny how killing someone makes you innocent, but being armed with Skittles and being dead makes it your fault.

This is the world that right wing gun nuts would have you live in.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#757000 - 05/01/12 01:01 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Todd]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
If Trayvon had been chased down and shot the guy chasing him I would be standing just where I am in stating he had that right. Good for him if he had someone with a gun chasing him down and he felt his life was in danger. Now the same goes the other way. If getting ones head beat into the ground caused Zimmerlooser to think he had to defend himself then so be it as well.

Race, color or creed has nothing to do with it. No matter how much you wish it was about racism and would like to make it so. Only racism in this is those who feel the need to make it a race issue. Trying to tie anyone who states people have the right to protect themselves with racists.

The truely racial component is the fact that a black man could have chased down a half hispanic/half white kid and shot him in the exact manner when the kid was pounding his head into the ground and it would have never made it out of the local paper. If you heard about it you would have thought nothing of it and likely stated he had the right to do so. My oppinion would be the same but since it was the other way around it is national news and we are on our way to riots in the streets. I guess we are still not post-racial in this country.

#757002 - 05/01/12 01:07 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: docspud]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

There's no mention of race whatsoever in my last post...just the observation that you can get off scot free for shooting someone, but it's your fault if you are accosted by some zealot with a gun while walking down the street eating Skittles.

If eating candy, wearing a hoody, getting in trouble at school, or petty theft were grounds for being killed, most everyone posting on this thread would be dead already.

Fish on...

Todd

#757007 - 05/01/12 01:47 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Todd]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
You don't have to be terribly bright to figure out the media made
this tragedy a race issue. Nothing like creating your own news
scoops. Great journalism.
If the scenario had been reversed it wouldn't have even made the
late late news. sad but true.
Black mugs white or several blacks rape, set on fire, and kill a
couple of whites and it's not news, just natural occurences.
beathead

Edited by Illyrian (05/01/12 01:48 PM)

#757014 - 05/01/12 02:52 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Illyrian]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Illyrian
You don't have to be terribly bright to figure out the media made
this tragedy a race issue. Nothing like creating your own news
scoops. Great journalism.
If the scenario had been reversed it wouldn't have even made the
late late news. sad but true.
Black mugs white or several blacks rape, set on fire, and kill a
couple of whites and it's not news, just natural occurences.
beathead

The funny thing is that the only time you hear crap like this (except here on PP thanks to Illy or Hank) is when you watch FauxNews...even while the "MSM" they are decrying is reporting the same stories.

The reason why FauxNews watchers actually believe that FauxNews is the only outlet that "reports" on stuff, and that the MSM ignores all these important stuff, is that those FauxNews watchers never watch anything else.

"You won't see this on the MSM!"...except, of course, if you actually watch any other outlet, where you will see the same stories.

What FauxNews and their sycophants don't want you to know is that they are just as much part of the mainstream media as any other media outlet...they're about as "rogue" as Sarah Palin, and as much of a "maverick" as John McCain...which is to say, not at all.

Fish on...

Todd

#757017 - 05/01/12 03:09 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Todd]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
"You won't see this on the MSM!"...except, of course, if you actually watch any other outlet, where you will see the same stories.

Try watching Politics Nation with Al Sharpton.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#757021 - 05/01/12 03:19 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Which, not surprisingly, has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what I was talking about...but, Hank, please don't tell me that you are going to argue in favor of the veracity of what you hear on FauxNews!

Fish on...

Todd

#757029 - 05/01/12 03:44 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

A judge in Florida ruled that the Stand your Ground law didn't apply in a case where a woman being choked by her husband escaped him, got a gun, and fired a warning shot into the ceiling as he was coming towards her...she didn't even shoot it at him, and got popped for assault...

Judge said "stand your ground" didn't apply, and she got 20 years for assault with a deadly weapon.

If it doesn't apply in that case, when can it ever apply? Hell, she didn't even shoot him.

Did she have to kill him to get protection from the law?

If so, then that backs up my claim above that it would be better to kill someone than to be guilty of walking around with Skittles, since the kid walking around with Skittles is dead, and if the law applies the guy who shot him will walk.

Fish on...

Todd

#757033 - 05/01/12 04:09 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

It's also interesting that Zimmerman wouldn't have had to "stand his ground" if he had just stood his ground, instead of chasing Trayvon down.

Zimmerman was already "escaped"...he purposely went and put himself in danger, then claims it wasn't his fault thru the Stand Your Ground law.

That is where this law and its application get more and more stupid.

Fish on...

Todd

#757044 - 05/01/12 05:12 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Todd]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

Todd one of the groups at Westlake Mall this afternoon is there supporting Trayvon..not sure if they are packing heat but you should beat feet down there to hold up a sign...lots of other ranting going on in between breaking windows and such...Bring your I hate Fox sandwich board...here's a look at your far left comrades>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/47252873#47252873

It's even on your favorite channel...the most objective news authority...I think I saw Todd on this video with a sledge hammer???

Edited by grizz1 (05/01/12 05:22 PM)

#757046 - 05/01/12 05:21 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: grizz1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

grizzwald, you have managed to make 403 posts contributing exactly "zero" to the board, except to make me look even smarter than I am by saving your posts to always talk about mine, and sounding like a total dipshit every time you do.

Nice job.

Fish on...

Todd

#757048 - 05/01/12 05:25 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Todd]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

Isn't it great!!! you are so full of yourself I can't stand it....LOL!!! What's with the "contribute to this board" crap?" Contribute to what? A bunch of people arguing nonsense? You thinking you are smart and objective and everyone else is stupid and biased...hahahaha..you crack me up!!!

#757049 - 05/01/12 05:29 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: grizz1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

And more...just can't help yourself, can you.

I don't need to be full of myself...virtually every post you make has my name in it, followed by a moronic statement...you're like my cyber-stalker, only creepier.

wink

Fish on...

Todd

#757052 - 05/01/12 05:40 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Originally Posted By: Hankster

The guy that edited that piece was suspended pending investigation and has now been fired.

I'd far rather consume news from a source where individuals get dismissed when they deceive viewers/readers, than consume news from a source where that sort of internal check/balance doesn't exist.

#757053 - 05/01/12 05:52 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: IrishRogue]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

You're right Todd..this board is not a vehicle for serious discussion normally but a place to spew crap back and forth...I know you are generally a smart guy with good intentions. I also know the internet chat sites are a convenient distraction from serious things like work and shouldn't be taken too seriously......so keep on arguing your agenda and I will laugh to myself more and make fun of you here less. OK?

#757054 - 05/01/12 05:55 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: grizz1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

No need to ask me if it's "ok"...you can do what you like...and if that counts as "making fun", you aren't too good at it wink

Fish on...

Todd

#757055 - 05/01/12 05:56 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

P.S. Note that on this thread there is some actual conversation taking place, with a few of your senseless posts and Illy's non-pithy insensible posts scattered about.

#757056 - 05/01/12 06:00 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: IrishRogue]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: IrishRogue
Originally Posted By: Hankster

The guy that edited that piece was suspended pending investigation and has now been fired.

I'd far rather consume news from a source where individuals get dismissed when they deceive viewers/readers, than consume news from a source where that sort of internal check/balance doesn't exist.

It was just the opposite so far as FauxNews goes...there the talent was fired for objecting to their superiors making up facts.

Hank, there's actual reporting of facts, and we agree that FauxNews does little to none of that.

There's opinion based on facts, and FauxNews does very little of that, too.

FauxNews' main activity is editorial opinion based on non-facts, schit that they make up.

The only worthy use of that type of entertainment is to further incite the idiots who believe it is actual reporting of facts...evidence of which can be seen all over this here website as dudes parrot, virtually word for word, the editorials based on made up "facts" from FauxNews, Limbaugh, Beck, and the rest.

Spin on facts is what every person in the world does...making up facts, then spinning that garbage is what FauxNews does.

Fish on...

Todd

#757067 - 05/01/12 07:41 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Todd]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
thanks for noticing. I really didn't believe you were a Cretin until
you took a stance with the rabble rousers.
This bullchit gets tiresome, bring on the trial.
What a waste. Odd.

#757068 - 05/01/12 07:42 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Illyrian]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The "bias to the left" is completely made up, too...and every study of the phenomena says so...not surprisingly, you hear about it on FauxNews, from Rush, and from Beck, too...not the studies, mind you, but the myth.

Fish on...

Todd

Page 16 of 21 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |