#751303 - 04/02/12 02:00 AM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen

#751345 - 04/02/12 01:30 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I'm glad we have legally trained experts like Sol Duc here to keep us all informed...Hank, too, for that matter.

When you get a ride to the station with handcuffs on, you are under arrest.

You can't be "un-arrested", either, by taking the cuffs off and sent home.

Somewhere during the process of being arrested and booked, someone said "let's pretend this didn't happen, and maybe no one will notice"...and that's what happened...for a month.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#751359 - 04/02/12 02:29 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
I am not the smartest person in the world but I think everyone is getting hung up on the word "arrested" and acting like it really matters.

Todd explained that you can be arrested, booked by the police and then released (I would imagine) and then the prosector/invetigators determine if there is enough evidence to press charges and start the court process. That is when you get charged and I would imagine another arrest warrant would be put out at that time.

Hank's links basically said the same thing but seems the clock starts with the arrest and not charges being filed.

So it seems to me you are both saying similar things, minus everyone getting hung up on the word arrested.

Sorry if I miss spoke for someone or took what you said out of context.

Bottom line is, this case is being investigated and if enough evidence is found he would be charged (I think).

#751370 - 04/02/12 03:22 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I can start right at the top...there in no way whatsoever is a requirement for an arrest warrant in this case, or in about 95% of cases.

Fish on...

Todd

#751373 - 04/02/12 03:42 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Todd]
Piper
Unregistered

I had way more fun listening to my 6 and 7 year old argue about whether the "apple jacks" tasted like apple or not...

DID TOO... DID NOT...
you're stupid... no you're stupid...
Am not... Am too

#751380 - 04/02/12 04:07 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
New-to-me details... 2 experts in voice matching say the voice screaming for help is NOT Zimmerman, as he claims:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/0...s-2-experts-say

#751384 - 04/02/12 04:19 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Hankster
He's still arrested... he's still in custody...right?

You're a useless idiot and we're used to it, so carry on. moose

- Albert Einstein.

#751395 - 04/02/12 05:23 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
So do they taste like apples or not ?

only if you eat them in the living room while wearing a red shirt... wink

#751397 - 04/02/12 05:49 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Originally Posted By: Piper
I had way more fun listening to my 6 and 7 year old argue about whether the "apple jacks" tasted like apple or not...

DID TOO... DID NOT...
you're stupid... no you're stupid...
Am not... Am too

You have pretty much summed up the last seven pages. Bottom line is none of us know what happened. The Grand Jury will PROBABLY get closer to the truth. But we may never know it all. We do know an unarmed kid was killed.

#751406 - 04/02/12 06:57 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

You don't "stay arrested" or get "un-arrested"...an arrest is an arrest, and it doesn't get reversed, or ignored, or undone.

He was arrested...the question is why was he subsequently released when there's far more evidence than necessary to keep him in custody and charge him with a crime?

The investigation, of course, is ongoing...he can still be picked up and brought back in, but in 60 days or so the clock will run out on charging him (assuming FL law is similar to most everywhere else in that you get 120 days to charge someone after their initial arrest).

Everyone is arguing about the wrong question...why wasn't he arrested?

He was arrested..."why was he let go?" and "why hasn't he been charged yet?" are the pertinent questions.

It'll come out over the next few weeks, I'm sure...but sooner or later someone frome the Fuzz there will have to admit that he was arrested, and then answer three questions...

1. Why was he arrested?
2. Why was he released without being booked (an automatic)?
3. Why was he released without being charged?

The PD there is happy to let people focus on the wrong question, because focusing on the above three questions is where all the schit is going to happen...and I think it will happen, and in the next couple of weeks.

Fish on...

Todd

#751420 - 04/02/12 08:14 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I used to have one of those...saw one NIB at an antique store a few years ago for $150!

Fish on...

Todd

#751421 - 04/02/12 08:17 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
Wank and Skul Fuc must be some of the dumbest motherfuc.kers around.

Coming from a loser who spent time in a freezer with Vhawk...LOL

- Albert Einstein.

#751438 - 04/02/12 09:19 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Jake was a teenager when he pulled that freezer stunt.

What's your f'n excuse?

smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#751464 - 04/02/12 11:04 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

First, you wouldn't know a statement delivered in an intelligent manner if it was beating lumps into your skull.

Second, not much is going to happen in your lifetime if you keep your gums flapping, other than flames and such.

smile

#751474 - 04/02/12 11:24 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Dan S.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
So instead of minfly should we call him 'miniDanS'....seein' as how DanS's his new spokeswoman/protector...or super small miniDanS...microDick...midgetdanfly....littledick?

LittleDick it is....

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#751478 - 04/02/12 11:42 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
No way....yer stoopid
wink

Yer mom's fat... and you look like yer sister!

#751592 - 04/03/12 02:52 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Dave Vedder]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

NBC has launched an internal probe after running an edited version of the 911 call from George Zimmerman -- the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin -- that made Zimmerman sound racist.

"We have launched an internal investigation into the editorial process surrounding this particular story," the network said in a statement to the Washington Post on Monday.

NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of George Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher in which Zimmerman says: "'This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

But the audio recording in its entirety reveals that Zimmerman did not volunteer the information that Martin was black. Instead, Zimmerman was answering a question from a police dispatcher about the race of the "suspicious person" whom Zimmerman was speaking about.

A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"

"He looks black," Zimmerman said.

The abridged conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher that NBC ran on March 27 has been blasted by media watchdog groups as misleading. Critics have said the edited version was made to suggest that Zimmerman targeted Martin because he was black -- an accusation by many that is still under investigation.

Martin, 17, was shot to death Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, 28, a neighborhood watch volunteer, as Martin walked from a convenience store back to his father's fiancee's home in a gated community outside Orlando. The case has stirred a national conversation about race and the laws of self-defense.

Martin, a black teenager from Miami, was unarmed when he was shot by Zimmerman, whose father is white and mother is Hispanic. Zimmerman told police the teen attacked him before he shot in self-defense. He has not been charged in the case, despite repeated calls by political leaders and protesters for his arrest.

NBC has also come under fire by some critics for allowing MSNBC personality, the Rev. Al Sharpton, to lead protests in Florida calling for Zimmerman's arrest. Sharpton is scheduled to speak Monday in Sanford, Fla., at a march of about a thousand people carrying signs and wearing T-shirts with the teen's image

- Albert Einstein.

#751638 - 04/03/12 05:01 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

The Sultan is Zzzzzzzzzzzing-rich.

smile

#751663 - 04/03/12 06:50 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Sol Duc, thanks for copy/pasting the news about the internal NBC investigation on the editing. Almost EXACTLY as I predicted -- you see that *some* in the media that are actually interested in some form of objective, factual reporting will internally self-correct errors.

This, compared to the cheeky, truth-y, IMO *willful* distortion of the truth on the right, is one of the prime reasons I find the present-day GOP to be unrecognizable as "conservative" about anything at all.

#751665 - 04/03/12 07:04 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: IrishRogue]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

RWWJ's fail to see the irony when they c/p how other networks make mistakes, but then try to rectify them, while FauxNews lies, and never makes any effort to correct anything.

It takes a FauxNews fan to be able to do that and feel like they are winning.

Congratulations?

Fish on...

Todd

Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |