LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75697 - 01/05/03 11:35 PM Ducks... They gone??
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
I saw a flock of geese today... About 20 strong.. I saw a lesser scaup hen yesterday... and a pair of mallards on an unhuntable pond... That sums it up for my westside sightings in the past four or five days....

Are they all east? Where the hell did all my ducks go????

#75698 - 01/06/03 05:34 PM Re: Ducks... They gone??
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PDX
Well a lot of them may have flown on down to Sauvie Island here in OR. We thought all the birds would be down in the valley in the sheet water that the rains had formed. Thats what usually happens. But........they didn't all go to the sheet water......we have bird here and no one seems to know what the heck is going on. Don't misunderstand me.......no complaining......just not the way it seems it always has been in the past. Limited on ducks Sat and got one goose. Public land is producing as well.......Will try again wednesday
and see what it brings.......Don't let this blue-bird weather fool you.......it can be VERY productive on mallards. smile

#75699 - 01/28/03 09:53 PM Re: Ducks... They gone??
I.B.FISHIN Offline
Egg

Loc: KENNEWICK,WASHINGTON
NO THE DUCKS ARE NOT EAST!!! I HAVE GUIDED WATER FOWL IN EASTERN WASHINGTON FOR 20 YRS AND WHAT I SEE NOW CONCERNS ME ! THE BIRDS ARE NOT EAST ,WEST OR SOUTH!THEY ARE NOT SHORT STOPPING!THERE ARE JUST NOT AS MANY DUCKS AS THERE USED TO BE.DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT VOODOO. I LOVE TO SHOOT THOSE BIRDS! BUT SO DOES EVERONE ELSE!YOU CAN'T SHOOT A DUCK BANDAGE IT AND SEND HIM SOUTH!IN THE LAST 5YRS I HAVE SEEN A GREAT INCREASE OF HUNTERS IN THE BASIN,ELECTRONIC DECOYS(THE ROBO DUCK)WHICH WORKS !MCNARY HMA HAD A RECORD YEAR 2000-2001 .DROUGHT,OVERHARVEST,CHANGE IN FARMING(NO FIELD CORN)THE SKY THAT USED TO BLACK WITH DUCKS IS GONE MAYBE WITH THIS YEARS WINTERRUN STEELIES!!! FOR NOW I.B. FISHIN AND THROWIN EM BACKBACK!! laugh

#75700 - 01/29/03 01:44 AM Re: Ducks... They gone??
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Yeah its great to see the irony of hunting season... Ended the season okay... A few ducks... nothin spectacular... But today, just two days after, I'm drivin home, I look out to the right, and there are at LEAST a couple hundred honkers sittin in a dairy field.

Arrgh that smarts!

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 364 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |