Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#759843 - 05/14/12 10:50 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: Salmo g.]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Amen.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#759849 - 05/14/12 11:11 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ColeyG]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Amen again.

#759853 - 05/14/12 11:17 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: Salmo g.]
redhook
Unregistered

im not BSing Salmo, even WhiteDog himself has seen a 28 inch Cutthroat come out of the canal... ask him...

it was dead on at 28 laying flat on our porch next to a Stanley tape...

records, i dont care about records... records get broken, and the last thing i cared about when i caught that fish was the record...

you can believe me or not, i really dont care... but like i said, ask WD, it may surprise you...

also, i said im NOT bad with my gear... i have a Lamiglas S Glass from the late 60s early 70s that i use as my Koke rod... everythign i have is always cleaned, and properly taken care of... the point of him doing that, was they are HIS, and i needed to get my own... work for it, pay for it, own it... which i did quite a bit... and, is one of the best lessons he ever taught me...

i fully understand you are a fisheries biologist, and one hell of a fly fisherman, and fisherman in general... but im not a dickweed that lies about what i catch... ever... so now, i basically take pictures of everything i catch... because without them, its pointless... as just like right now is showing....

so, like i said, ill bring the floating line, and run lead eyed flies to get down... might even cast for bass, which is something i dont even fish for either, but have flies that will work most likely... ill report about it when i get back... with pictures, if i do any good...

#759895 - 05/15/12 01:48 AM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

RH, I think your period (.) button is stuck.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#759908 - 05/15/12 03:21 AM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ColeyG]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
Salmo, your no better than anyone else. The rod and reel you use should make no difference. I have taken up fly fishing recently, its a blast and im hooked. However I have fished gear with fly fisherman who respect me, not because of another good method i choose (gear), but because i am fishing, Im putting native fish back, and not leaving my trash on the river. Thats all we can ask for really?

Elitist do more harm to the sport than good. Sure they give their money to the CCA and other conservation efforts; which is a good thing that I have no problem with, but come on, thats not enough. We need to pass down methods of conservation, and our knowledge about fishing and sportsmanship. Elitist push people away and make them feel stupid, just because they didnt get it as fast as someone else doesnt mean they are stupid...

I really feel that this will be met with some harsh comments, but look at yourself first....salmosalar, how dare you? Who are you to tell someone they cant fly fish.

Im thankful for the person teaching me. He has a lot of patients for a guy who needs a lot of practice like me. Stop pushing people away, give them a rod (fly, spinning, bait...whatever) and watch them go to town. Teach them to conserve, keep the banks clear of trash and have fun doing it.

Get over yourselves.

Redhook, keep going! Do your dad justice and catch some fish, and dont be afraid of the losers who think they are better because they work in the fisheries department or whatever.

The more I fish, the more i find its not that hard, throw something at them that looks like food, they will probably eat it.

#759938 - 05/15/12 12:09 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: jgreen]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Redhook,

I'm not saying you lied, but a 28" SRC is larger than the state record, and at 5# would be a very skinny trout. That's all. If you insist your fish was 28" and 5#, well that's on you.

I guess I thought you said somewhere you were bad at caring for gear. If not, that's super, because you've got some good stuff that was your dad's. I hope you take care of it.

Jgreen,

Congratulations on taking up fly fishing. A lot of people find it's great fun.

I don't believe I've ever said I was better than anyone else. More knowledgeable about some things, sure. Maybe my posts have been hard for some to understand. I think I've made a fair effort to help Redhook, while at the same time telling him to not try and BS me. Ya' see, it works like this: I'm more inclined to want to help people who appear to appreciate the assistance than people who don't. Very simple.

I agree that the gear one uses makes no difference - to a point. There is some real junk around, especially some old stuff. But the industry is extremely competitive these days, and most gear is very serviceable at all but the very lowest price points.

Sg

#759941 - 05/15/12 12:33 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: Salmo g.]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
I'll just say this in regards to a 28" searun cutt. If you did indeed catch a cutt of that size, it was likely a steelhead / searun hybrid.
As far as it being 5 lbs, a fish that length would likely be in the 7 to 8 lb range unless it had spawned recently.
5 lbs at that length would be a real thin, snaky looking fish.
I've fished for them since the 60's. The largest I've ever been fortunate enough to witness was a 24" specimen. A fish of a lifetime and one I wish I'd had the enjoyment to caught myself.
It takes a long time for searuns to get big, so any searun cutt over 20" is a true trophy in my book.

#759954 - 05/15/12 02:25 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

i dont have a problem finding a job, if you must know, my girlfriend is in school for nursing, and takes the only car... and i dont live near any buses... THATS WHY....

also, before you try to correct someones spelling,and make fun of them, you should make sure you spell correctly as well....

its grammar... not gramar....

#759958 - 05/15/12 02:31 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

stone and Salmo,

do you know the ration of sh!t i would get if i said that fish was any larger than 5 pounds? i already get enough crap saying it WAS 5 pounds... if you guys want to see what the place has to offer for yourselves, i can give you the directions to get there... including where to launch your boat, tube, raft, whatever.... my brother got one a couple years ago that was all of 3 1/2 pounds, and last year he got another one that was pushing 3.... they are around... not 28 inchers, but over 20s arent uncommon.... they arent common by any means, but they are around...

#759960 - 05/15/12 03:03 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
When you post stuff like a 28" searun was only 5 lbs, would you expect anything less then to get a ration?
You'd come off at least half way believable if you said it was 7-8 lbs.

#759963 - 05/15/12 03:20 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

look stone, im not trying to argue about a damn fish ok... like i said, WD has seen one of that size himself... ask him...

anyways, im going fishing, ill let you know how i did when i get back...

#759986 - 05/15/12 06:03 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Redhook,

You do realize don't you, that what WhiteDog has seen and the fish that you posted as having caught really have nothing to do with one another except that they are two separate accounts of fish, and not the same fish? It's like you don't get the difference between events/topics/items that are related or unrelated. You seem to just scramble things together whether they logically have anything to do with one another or not. Do you know the difference between two things that are coincidental and two things that are causal?

The fact that other fish are caught around this area of HC that you refer to has zero to do with the implausibility of catching a 28" SRC that weighed 5#. If you do not understand that, then there is valid reason why other PP members think you might be developmentally retarded. NTTAWWT cuz nobody is by choice.

Several of us are trying to help out on fly fishing and casting, but I must say you're doing your part to make it less than easy.

Sg

#759988 - 05/15/12 06:05 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Redhook,

Are you really 33? Seriously. If you are, why don't you have your own car? People and couples solve transportation issues all the time. Seriously.

Sg

#759996 - 05/15/12 06:29 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: Salmo g.]
redhook
Unregistered

my block cracked in my truck, and i dont have 4-6 grand to fix it right now... does it really matter?

anyways, time to make a crappy report...

thanks for the help Salmo...

#760022 - 05/15/12 07:50 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

and fine Salmo, the fish was larger than 5 pounds... i under guess my fish so that i dont look stupid... obviously that didnt work...

now commence to telling me im full of sh!t, for catching a fish far larger than the recorded state record, is what it is....

again, thanks for the help, and the motivation....

#760029 - 05/15/12 08:08 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

I'll go ahead and say it. Based on your track record and propensity for offering blatantly false, inaccurate, and/or ill informed information, I think your full of shi t smile

I am sure it was a nice fish, maybe it felt like an 80' cast, sure the Sky is narrower in some spots than others, but the facts likely tell different stories entirely. Just because you want to believe something is true, doesn't make it so.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

#760144 - 05/16/12 01:55 AM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
lol every redhook thread is full of fail. yet i read them all for the rofl

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

#760171 - 05/16/12 12:53 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
Drew Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Puyallup
Originally Posted By: redhook
stone and Salmo,

over 20s arent uncommon.... they arent common by any means,

Had to read this several times to decipher. Good luck dude, you're gonna need it rofl

#761278 - 05/22/12 09:53 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: ]
MikeH Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washington
Originally Posted By: salmosalar
Originally Posted By: jgreen
Salmo, your no better than anyone else. The rod and reel you use should make no difference. I have taken up fly fishing recently, its a blast and im hooked. However I have fished gear with fly fisherman who respect me, not because of another good method i choose (gear), but because i am fishing, Im putting native fish back, and not leaving my trash on the river. Thats all we can ask for really?

Elitist do more harm to the sport than good. Sure they give their money to the CCA and other conservation efforts; which is a good thing that I have no problem with, but come on, thats not enough. We need to pass down methods of conservation, and our knowledge about fishing and sportsmanship. Elitist push people away and make them feel stupid, just because they didnt get it as fast as someone else doesnt mean they are stupid...

I really feel that this will be met with some harsh comments, but look at yourself first....salmosalar, how dare you? Who are you to tell someone they cant fly fish.

Im thankful for the person teaching me. He has a lot of patients for a guy who needs a lot of practice like me. Stop pushing people away, give them a rod (fly, spinning, bait...whatever) and watch them go to town. Teach them to conserve, keep the banks clear of trash and have fun doing it.

Get over yourselves.

Redhook, keep going! Do your dad justice and catch some fish, and dont be afraid of the losers who think they are better because they work in the fisheries department or whatever.

The more I fish, the more i find its not that hard, throw something at them that looks like food, they will probably eat it.

Have you read any of redhooks posts?

Anyone who asks and says the things he does deserves a bit of taunting. The man struggles with such difficult tasks as:

Buckling his seatbelt
finding a job
reading comprehension
basic gramar
basic puctuation

I am just trying to point out that he may want to limit how many things he struggles with at a time.

Thanks for putting the nativers back.

Go Sox,
cds

Purely awesome. haha

#761279 - 05/22/12 09:55 PM Re: new fly line.. [Re: Phil Maraude]
MikeH Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washington
Originally Posted By: Phil Maraude
lol every redhook thread is full of fail. yet i read them all for the rofl
I remember awhile back where every thread was redhook and Avid arguing. I appreciated that about Avid.
Where are you at???

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 993 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |