Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76699 - 07/18/03 01:15 AM World Record Griz
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Got this in an email, looking around now to see if this is accurate.... But heres the story:

The following pictures are of a guy who works for the Forest Service in Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large world record Grizzly charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag csemi-auto into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The monster was still alive so he reloaded and capped it in the head.

The bear had killed 2 other people. His last meal was the poor fellow on a nature hike. The Forest Service found his 38-caliber emptied. He shot 6-times and hit the grizzly 4(they found seven 7mm slugs and four 38 caliber slugs in him) but obviously only wounded him since it was estimated to be 3 days prior to the bear's death by the Forest Service man.

It was over one thousand six hundred pounds, 12'6" high at the shoulder to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world. Of course, the game department did not let him keep it.

It will be mounted and put on display at the Anchorage airport (to remind tourist's of the risks involved when in the wild).

#76700 - 07/18/03 01:43 AM Re: World Record Griz
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Kids will believe anything. just kiddin

Actually the bear would rank at #150 in the boone and crocket record books. It did not charge them. They did kill the bear at close range, but they were watching it coming down the creek towards them. The two guys were sitka deer hunting and one had a griz tag and was really hoping to find a bear.

If you can get your hands on the cabelas big game adventures magazine the article is in there. It was the 2nd to last edition out.

I got that same email about a year ago.

#76701 - 07/18/03 02:39 AM Re: World Record Griz
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
yeah i just read about that on the black bear heaven web site.

Still a huuuuuge bear.... Man I need to go to AK sometime.

Curtis

#76702 - 07/22/03 02:04 AM Re: World Record Griz
Locklan Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Alaska
Its amazing how bloated this story got, I got a half dozen e-mails about the damn thing. I even got pictures of the supposed victim{laying in green grass,duh}. Some people have too much time on their hands.

#76703 - 08/02/03 01:16 PM Re: World Record Griz
siletzangler Offline
Alevin

Loc: oak harbor washington
Hey all, I saw that bear and hunter in bowhunter magazine about six months ago. It was killed on Kodiak Island by the guy pictured with one arrow. Looks like somebodies been having some fun with it, I've seen probably a dozen different stories concerning that bear, most involving a park ranger and a partialy eaten corpse. Hope someone has the article so these wild tales can be layed to rest.

#76704 - 08/06/03 10:32 AM Re: World Record Griz
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
siletzangler-

glowball has it right.....big bear, but the true story is not as big as the gossip..

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |