THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#774145 - 07/23/12 06:55 PM and the M's do it again...
redhook
Unregistered

couldnt let the guy finish his career here, and retire as a Mariner? of course not, thats too logical of thinking... and the Yankees just got a little bit better...

thanks Ichiro, you will always be one of the best to play for the M's...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...-york-yankees/1

#774148 - 07/23/12 07:08 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I wish him all the best and hope he gets to play in the world series. He has earned it.

#774150 - 07/23/12 07:10 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
Not a bad move at all, his contract is up his abilities are down and they got some good young arms for him. Thanks for the good years but your time was up Ichiro.

#774152 - 07/23/12 07:14 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: mreyns_tgl]
redhook
Unregistered

we got 2 minor league no bodies, for a guy that can make any line up better, put him on a team (like the Yankees), that plays better ball than the M's always, and watch out... he now has a shot at the WS, something he never had here, because the Mariners are stupid...

#774156 - 07/23/12 07:24 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: salmosalar
Great trade! Gotta give it to Jack Z. He knows how to get something from nothing. I can't see how any intelligent baseball fan could oppose this one.
Of course, Seattle baseball fans aren't known for their savvy. Many thought trading Cliff Lee was a bad idea although his contract was up. They still complain about the RJ trade although it led to excellent less expensive players (Garcia, Halama and Guikllen +).
Any time this franchise has experienced success it was due to trading it's superstars for younger players and developing those players. When they sign free agents or trade for veterans it turns out poorly. Slocumb for Tek and Lowe anyone?

Go Sox,
cds

the Mariners havent done sh!t since 2001 the year they got Ichiro as a rookie... just after they traded Griffey, the year they lost Buhner to retirement, and a few years later lost Edgar to retirement...

we have one good player in Felix, the rest of the team sucks, and their records the last 10 years reflect that... that would be the front offices fault... because they are stupid...

#774159 - 07/23/12 07:30 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
I like the move. His career with Seattle was over after this season anyway.
Seems our resident board GM fails to consider that Ichiro was a 10 & 5 player, so he agreed to the trade.
I hope he does well with the Yanks and thanks for your time with the M's.

#774161 - 07/23/12 07:37 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: stonefish]
redhook
Unregistered

uhhhh, salmo, i most certianly could win this...

the M's suck, we have one good player, in Felix... which they will likely trade to some team for some "bats", get a bunch of idiots like FIggins or the like, and be garbage for the next 10 years...

wanna know why the Yanks have been so good throughout history?

BECAUSE THEY HAD THE BEST PLAYERS, and they played as a TEAM... every time the M's have a super star that slips a little, they trade him for no bodies, that NEVER work out...

name 1 player that has worked out on trades... but, you cant, because nothing has worked since 2001, they have been a joke, and will continue to be a joke, because of stupidity like this...

the majority of the players on the 95 and 01 teams were here already, and that was when we had some of the best in the league ie Buhner, Griffey, Martines, Cameron, ect...

then, we trade players like Randy Johnson, and he goes on to win the WS in the same year that we won 116 games, so once again, its back to stupidity by the teams in Seattle, the Mariners arent the only team to do stupid sh!t either... the Sonics had Pippen, and traded him for Polenice, howd that one work out?

#774164 - 07/23/12 07:53 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
Red hook proving he's an idiot in all fields

#774166 - 07/23/12 07:55 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: mreyns_tgl]
redhook
Unregistered

prove me wrong, until then, dont say a damn word...

#774170 - 07/23/12 08:04 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

the M's have been around since the late 70s and have 2 good seasons, and you say they are doing OK?

seriously?

i know Griffey was drafted, straight out of HS... and the other players (our best players EVER) that you are using, that i said, really dont have a place here, because they were all on the team TOGETHER, at one time, and had success...

name some players that we traded, that we got other players for, that made the M's a winning team, since 1977, with the exception of the 95 and 01 (which the Yankees beat us in the ALCS)... matter of fact, name ONE player....

there isnt any, because 95,97, and01 are the only winning seasons that they have had, and i dont mean winning by being over 500, i mean winning like DOING something, which clearly, they havent... you can have .999 win ratio, and it dont mean sh!t if you dont get to the playoffs, therefore, you arent a winning team... a winning team, wins PENNANTS, not just games...

the M's are a joke, and now, hve likely lost alot of fanbase because of their stupidity... just making it that much easier to be sold...

#774174 - 07/23/12 08:09 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

oh yeah, there was the 2000 season too, which they lost to, wait for it, the Yankees in the ALCS as well... other than that, they have been crap, because they cant make a team...because they trade all their good players for garbage players...

#774176 - 07/23/12 08:16 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

salmo, what i dont like, is that a player comes to this team, plays his A$$ off for them, getting 10 AS appearences, and they sh!t on him...

they offered him an extension, but he declined it... thats probably because Chone "jackass" Figgins gets paid more than he does, and hasnt done SH!T here... id be pissed too...

like it or not, baseball and all sports revolve around money, if you dont pay it, they players will go elsewhere (A Rod ring a bell?), and with a company such as Nintendo (a billion dollar company) owning the team, one would think that money isnt an issue...

you cant build a team around a bunch of bull crap, which is what the M's are trying to accomplish... good players are good for a reason, they were always good, there isnt a ton of players that started in the Minors and became superstars, it doesnt work that way...

Seattle screws their fans, players, and teams all the time... and quite frankly, im getting sick of it...

#774182 - 07/23/12 08:39 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
All you have is opinions RedHook, not facts. Ichiro asked for a trade.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#774190 - 07/23/12 08:45 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
This is good for the M's ... and it amounts to "benching" an underperforming player in a face-saving way. He's barely a replacement value player at this point, he's (at least previous to 2012) been a PITA about where he bats, and where he plays in the field. And he's provided zero leadership for the team.

REDHOOK:
Signing A-Rod would have been dumb at the numbers Texas paid, so don't try to tell me letting him go was bad business OR baseball decision because it's not.

The M's have spent MORE than enough $$ to be competitive. NO it's not Yankees money, but it's not their CHEAPNESS that has killed them. It's primarily their insistence on overpaying for NL + Right Handed offensive players under Bavasi...

Secondarily, if you want to point out dumb things, it was the Bedard trade (Bavasi). THAT is dumb, but you're pointing at all the wrong things of course...

Laughably (and provably) misinformed is "thats probably because Chone "jackass" Figgins gets paid more than he does". The fact? Ichro makes $18M this year, Figgins $9m.

#774192 - 07/23/12 08:47 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
Originally Posted By: salmosalar

Buhner was aquired as a minor leaguer for a veteran Ken Phelps. Sound familiar.

Go Sox,
cds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwSxqnRW-8

I have always rooted for Ichiro like I did for Edgar. Not because they were the greatest ballplayers (though they were very good in their prime) but because they were even better people.

I wish him luck.

#774193 - 07/23/12 08:48 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: Jerry Garcia]
redhook
Unregistered

correct JG, but that was after he was offered a BS extension...

he asked for a trade to a "contending team", which the M's clearly are not, and the Yankees clearly are...

aaaannnd, that is because, the M's are stupid, suck, and dont care to be a team like the Yankees, with the expection of the couple years, the last 25 years proves that... i dont blame him for being upset, i would be too, after all he did for the"team" they couldnt help him out... one player isnt a "team"...

the facts are, the M's dont care about winning, well, atleast the owners and other higher ups... if they did, they would have done something by now...

and no, im not a Yankees fan, although i do like the greats like Ford, Mantle, Ruth, Gherig, Jackson, Rizzuto, Dimaggio, Goose, Berra, and the likes...

#774197 - 07/23/12 09:01 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

you extend Ichiro to let him finish out his career that he busted his a$$ for that team... its out of RESPECT.. although, respect has no buisness in sports, or money, so its moot...

they will not be better, the Yankees will be better, watch... not like they need to be better than the number 1 team (record wise) in baseball... this just makes them that much better, and it will show...

like i said, we have 1 good player (Hernandez)... 1 player doesnt make a team...

#774203 - 07/23/12 09:30 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
This thread is killing me. RH- first you argue that you keep Ichiro out of respect, then in the same post say respect has no business in sports. Did you just start this thread because you ran out of beer, lose your camera or did your xbox break? It has to be something, because no one (besides a woman) can be this ignorant to how a sports team conducts business.

#774208 - 07/23/12 09:46 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: gvbest]
redhook
Unregistered

you clearly didnt read that correctly, try again...

salmo, the problem is, those 4-5 young kids wont do SH!T here, history has proven that...

and i dont even like baseball, a team with a 80 million dollar a year payout, will not compete with a team that pays 150+ million, again, its being proven, time, and time, and time again.. but the M's keep trying...... and failing...

how much did the Braves pay out with Justice and Maddux , Glavine, Smoltz, Gant, Jones, and the likes? they may have been a low paying team, but im not sure... and if they are, they are the only one... but, all those players are greats.... and played as a team... that was built as a team... take Justice away, and they wouldnt have done what they did...

#774212 - 07/23/12 09:56 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
All I know is, football starts in a few weeks............then I'll care even less about baseball, if that's even possible.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |