Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#774294 - 07/24/12 02:08 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: redhook
you wanna bring Vick into this now?

you all trashed me on GF saying Vick was garbage, never would amount to sh!t as a QB, garbage garbage garbage...

hows that one workin out?

i thought so...

Felix may be a better "player" if you want to call it that, but hes a PITCHER, PITCHERS DONT SCORE POINTS, last i checked, points are needed to win games, and thats what the HITTERS do...

Ichiro is kinda like Barry Sanders, busted his a$$ off for how many years after being a rookie for the team and got sh!t on in the end, because the team is too stupid to build around a "great" like Ichiro is....

put 7 bullsh!t players on a team, with one good one, and you have a team with 7 bullsh!t players and one good one.... put a good player with a team, with 5 other good ones, and well, you will see what happens....

oh yeah, tommorow, another Mariner is going to pitch against us... Freddy Garcia...

the M's will likely be gone in 10 years or sooner... just like the Sonics.. because of stupid business practices..

8-8 again this year will get Vick and Andy Reid a 1 way ticket out of town, and before you start preaching the Eagles and Vicks greatness for this season, remember, they were the concensus pick to win the East last year.

Barry Sanders and Ichiro: now that's funny.

#774296 - 07/24/12 02:11 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: DBAppraiser]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I won't claim to know baseball, but I think the Ichiro trade was long overdue, and they probably missed a chance to acquire some good, maybe even proven players by not trading him sooner. As great as he was for about 8 years, his salary has likely been among the major factors holding the team back from rebuilding more quickly. I suspect we'll see his numbers improve in New York. Why? Because that team's batting order is solid, top to bottom. There's protection all aver the place, which means all players get lots of good pitches to hit. In my opinion, a lack of protection has been the reason why so many free agent signings that seemed like no brainers have ended in failure for the M's. This would explain why so many of those players went on to have success with other teams. As soon as they put Beltre in the Rangers lineup, he started hitting like he had before he came to the M's. Conversely, when the M's acquired Justin Smoak from the Rangers, I was lukewarm on the deal, as he had only managed to hit something like .240 with the Rangers. Granted, that is a stellar average for a Mariner player, but now we are seeing what happens when you take a guy with upside and ask him to realize his potential on a team of never-will-be's. With no protection, he won't see many good pitches to hit. As his confidence fades, so does his batting average. How do you suppose a guy like that might perform for the Yankees?

Anyway, I think the Ichiro trade was good, but I was disappointed to learn that they traded him for more pitching prospects. I know, you can't have enough pitching, but they've had a top tier pitching staff for years now, and without a batting lineup that can score more than a run or two a game, some remarkable numbers have resulted in 90+ losses per year. Apparently, they may be preparing to trade Felix, as that would explain the need for still more pitching. If they trade him at the right time, they should be able to get a proven bat to help restore some confidence in their young hitters.

On another note, how the heck can a team that has the worst overall batting average in MLB be tops in their league at scoring runs on the road ( hope I got that stat right)? Is there more to the Safeco curse than we might have thought?

#774297 - 07/24/12 02:20 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: FleaFlickr02]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Ichiro is a 10 and 5 player which means he could veto any trade he didn't like. That is why you end up with pitching as the M's were not trading from a position of strength. You end up taking what the Yankees are willing to give you.

#774298 - 07/24/12 02:21 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Drew Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Puyallup
you wanna bring Vick into this now?

you all trashed me on GF saying Vick was garbage, never would amount to sh!t as a QB, garbage garbage garbage...

hows that one workin out?

i thought so...

Felix may be a better "player" if you want to call it that, but hes a PITCHER, PITCHERS DONT SCORE POINTS, last i checked, points are needed to win games, and thats what the HITTERS do...

Ichiro is kinda like Barry Sanders, busted his a$$ off for how many years after being a rookie for the team and got sh!t on in the end, because the team is too stupid to build around a "great" like Ichiro is....

put 7 bullsh!t players on a team, with one good one, and you have a team with 7 bullsh!t players and one good one.... put a good player with a team, with 5 other good ones, and well, you will see what happens....

oh yeah, tommorow, another Mariner is going to pitch against us... Freddy Garcia...

the M's will likely be gone in 10 years or sooner... just like the Sonics.. because of stupid business practices..

Last I checked, baseball doesn't function on points...Runs are the name of the game. This trade was the best for both parties, deal with it. Ichiro as a talent was fading and the M's have the need to make room for young talent and save cash for future contracts. Ichiro contributed much, and as a life long M's fan, I thank him much, but as in any business, you have to do what makes the most sense. Comparing Ichiro to Barry Sanders is f*cking retarded, in that context, Ichiro should have retired 6 years ago to become a preacher. He may get a shot at a ring soon, and he deserves such. But, the M's deserve more than he can give them at 17mil / year. If you're pissed about Ichiro, just wait until Felix, Smoak & Vargas get moved in the very near future. I believe in Z and what he is doing. Figgins will be gone sooner than later and Felix gone for youthful bats..The big 3 will be in the bigs late next year and we'll have a handful of youth and talented position guys to accompany them. I am anxious for that day ready for the next "big" Seattle star. But what do I know, I've never played ball moose

#774299 - 07/24/12 02:27 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: Drew]
redhook
Unregistered

you are somewhat correct..

but

runs equal points, points win games.. call them what you wish, but in the end, its the same.. pitchers dont score points, unless they bat and even then, dont do jack diddly anyways... name a 300+ home run hitting pitcher, hell, name a 300+ RBI hitting pitcher... and im talking LIFETIME, not season...

#774300 - 07/24/12 02:39 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Drew Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Puyallup
How about we start naming 300 win pitchers? Pitchers don't score runs, they prevent them. And just in case you have yet to check lately, the M's have 3 of the best young arms in any minor league system, not to mention numerous setup and relief guys.

Jack didly? Really? Are you that dumb? Where would the Redsox have been without Schilling and the bloody sock? What about Yanks and the tandem of Clemens and Petit? Hell, what about the Braves with Glavin & Smoltz? Pitchers are every bit as important as the offensive side. Balanced teams are the ones you see as consistent winners (Texas withstanding).

The point is this, the M's have arms...By many scouts and writers, the best in all of baseball. What we don't have is bats. Hence moving our current big pieces for future big pieces that we will control contractually for years to come at a fraction of the cost. It sucks to see a super star go, but as I said above, it's best for him and the Mariners. A win, win if you will.

#774301 - 07/24/12 03:22 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

you are somewhat correct..

but

runs equal points, points win games.. call them what you wish, but in the end, its the same.. pitchers dont score points, unless they bat and even then, dont do jack diddly anyways... name a 300+ home run hitting pitcher, hell, name a 300+ RBI hitting pitcher... and im talking LIFETIME, not season...

Babe Ruth--Google it.

#774310 - 07/24/12 08:33 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: DBAppraiser]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
points = runs??? Checked the dictionary and doesn't mean the same thing. Just another ill formed opinion. Pitchers don't count because they don't score runs??

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#774315 - 07/24/12 10:03 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Baseball Points....wtf rofl

#774334 - 07/24/12 12:33 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Maybe RH doesn't actually understand baseball. You keep talking about hitting and winning. What is the definition of a good hitter? You keep preaching about the Yankees and how they pay for hitters, you understand that the last place team in that division (Red sox) have a better team batting average than the Yankees.
The Kansas City Royals are a 1/2 game out of last place in their division but have a better batting average than the rest of the division.
Colorado is in last place in their division but have a better batting average than the First place team.
So if hitting wins Championships why are those teams in last place? Some of it could be due to injuries (Red Sox) but most of those teams are getting poor pitching.
Just look back to the last couple of World Series Champions and their batting averages:
2011: Cardinals - 5th in the league (beat the team with the best batting average in the league in the WS).
2010: Giants - 15th in the league (beat the team with the best batting average in the league in the WS).
2009: Yankees - 2d in the league (beat the team with the best batting average in the league in the ALCS).
2008: Phillies - 22d in the league
2007: Red Sox - 3d in the league
2006: Cardinals - 15th in the league
Once again as stated over and over baseball is not all about runs (or points as you say). Look at the 2001 Diamondbacks (Beat those high priced Yankees in the World series). They only had 1 player batting over .300 with a majority of their line up in the .250 - .280 range. They had 2 solid starters and good fielders. You know that old saying "Defense wins Championships" , well a pitcher is Defense and it doesn't matter how many runs you score if your going to give up more.

#774335 - 07/24/12 12:40 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: gvbest]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I did it. I read the whole thing.

JFC, RH.

Can't stop, won't stop.

#774342 - 07/24/12 01:14 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Haven't read any of the posts yet, so if I repeat what others have said, sorry...but this is how it works. Trade him now while you can get something for him, and he goes somewhere where maybe he can compete for a championship before he retires.

Wins all around.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#774500 - 07/24/12 11:46 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
......... BD screwed us all by banning you from gaymfishin laugh

It was all part of my evil master plan...... rofl

#774501 - 07/24/12 11:47 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

just admit it Randy, you hate me... its quite simple actually... i wont cry about it, i promise... till i try to go to sleep atleast...

#774503 - 07/24/12 11:50 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Don't flatter yourself RH.

I don't care enough to hate you.....sorry

#774504 - 07/24/12 11:50 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
BD Pluuuueeeesseee let him back on Gamefishin

#774505 - 07/24/12 11:52 PM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: Dave Vedder]
redhook
Unregistered

it would take a hell of alot more to flatter me than my own opinions...

seriously...

#774510 - 07/25/12 12:03 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
inb4clive
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
BD Pluuuueeeesseee let him back on Gamefishin

Let's all cyber flash mob GF with RH's PP posts. grin

please don't ever flash anybody ever.

signed,

North America

#774526 - 07/25/12 12:50 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

oohhh sh!t, now your a computer genius...

heres some info for you Marsha..

i NEVER lie

I NEVER have gone onto gamefishin with a false account, ask BD, he could track my IP posting from 3 different websites, all were always the same...

I NEVER have gone on here with a false account, anyone on here can check that as well....

could I?

of course, would I? absolutely not... and my record since 2007 shows that.... i am ALWAYS myself, regardless of names, dont give a sh!T what someone on the internet thinks, and can be an a$$hole at times...

versed in running computers? absolutely... building them? getting more "learned up" every day....

once again your internet a$$upmtions, are wrong...

#774527 - 07/25/12 12:54 AM Re: and the M's do it again... [Re: ]
inb4clive
Unregistered

oohhh sh!t, now your a computer genius...

heres some info for you Marsha..

i NEVER lie

I NEVER have gone onto gamefishin with a false account, ask BD, he could track my IP posting from 3 different websites, all were always the same...

I NEVER have gone on here with a false account, anyone on here can check that as well....

could I?

of course, would I? absolutely not... and my record since 2007 shows that.... i am ALWAYS myself, regardless of names, dont give a sh!T what someone on the internet thinks, and can be an a$$hole at times...

versed in running computers? absolutely... building them? getting more "learned up" every day....

once again your internet a$$upmtions, are wrong...

schooled again raunchy c, take your vitamins and go to bed.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |