Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#777337 - 08/07/12 01:46 PM Here's your Man of Conviction
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
This guy has zero convictions, other than his conviction to get elected President. You'd have to be crazy to believe anything this guy says about anything at all, much less think this guy has convictions or morals.

This is the stuff that will get him destroyed in the upcoming debates.

"Governor Romney, were you lying then, or are you lying now?"

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#777338 - 08/07/12 01:51 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

And...that video is from nine months ago...I'm sure he's done it enough since then for another entire video of him making it up as he goes along.

Now I'm not saying that he's the only poliitician who does stuff like that, say one thing and mean another, but this guy takes it to such a higher level as to be in a league of his own.

He thinks that the voters are actually stupid enough to ignore that he changes his mind on every single important issue at the drop of a hat.

The sad thing is that he's right...there are a ton of voters who are indeed just stupid enough to do just that.

Fish on...

Todd

#777349 - 08/07/12 02:30 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Think what you will...but for God's sake don't keep saying that Romney has any sort of convictions or morals, that's demonstrably untrue...and anything he says now that you like, be prepared for him to flip on it as soon as it is politically expedient.

Fish on...

Todd

#777350 - 08/07/12 02:30 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I'm glad to see that you've ramped up your Romney bootlickin' again Aunty... you go girl! thumbs rofl

#777354 - 08/07/12 02:36 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: 4Salt]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Just how transparent is Obama's administration? Hasn't he broken more than just a few promises? So when is he closing GITMO's detention facility?

Not the biggest fan of Romney at all. Probably throw my vote to Ron Paul again, but your almost rabid attacks on Romney, and your blindness of the faults of Obama is disappointing.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#777355 - 08/07/12 02:42 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: Dogfish]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I'm not blind to Obama's faults, not at all...unlike Republicans, we progressives find fault with "our" politicians all the time.

There's nothing rabid about talking about Romney's total lack of integrity...Marsha seems to relish talking about how great his morals and convictions are, so I'm just reminding her that he actually has none at all.

Fish on...

Todd

#777365 - 08/07/12 03:29 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: Todd]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: Todd
I'm not blind to Obama's faults, not at all...unlike Republicans, we progressives find fault with "our" politicians all the time.

There's nothing rabid about talking about Romney's total lack of integrity...Marsha seems to relish talking about how great his morals and convictions are, so I'm just reminding her that he actually has none at all.

Fish on...

Todd

I find it quite humorous that we all talk about someone's integrity and moral compass as if we have actually met these folks and know them personally. Morality, character, etc. is very important in selecting a candidate to back but at the end of the day it is pretty difficult to ascertain this type of info as every politician's camp heavily filters what we get to know and see. One can definitely study a candidates previous track records though on economic and social issues and get a pretty clear picture of what a candidate really thinks and does. If socially progressive issues are your cup of tea, then Obama is your guy. If you really want someone who has a clue about economic issues and how to run a major corporation effectively then Romney is a clear winner here and at the end of the day I would rather have a legit shot to make a decent living and have a couple bucks in my pocket as opposed to whether or not Jack and Jeff or Sally and Mary can get legally married. Is there a perfect candidate here? Nope. Is there ever? Nope.

#777369 - 08/07/12 03:39 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: DBAppraiser]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

As I've said before, a country is not a corporation, and a President is not a corporate CEO, and since that is Romney's single qualification I find him to be singularly unqualified to be President.

Fish on...

Todd

#777371 - 08/07/12 03:43 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

And...I probably should rephrase comments about Romney's morals...as I can't say what he does or does not have so far as morality goes.

Convictions, however, he has none...at least not on any important issues that he's ever talked about since he changes his views as often as he changes venues to talk about them.

Fish on...

Todd

#777372 - 08/07/12 03:45 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: DBAppraiser]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Romney = (GW - a soul)

If you want the Gubmint run like a corp then get ready for the largest ass reaming of your life.

#777377 - 08/07/12 03:53 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
A$$ reaming is preferred over bankruptcy.

Unless, of course, you're Mitt Romney talking about the big three automakers and Detroit, in which case bankruptcy is preferable to the millions of jobs that depend on that auto industry.

Fish on...

Todd

#777383 - 08/07/12 04:05 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
A$$ reaming is preferred over bankruptcy.

I doubt it. That old constitution is at odds with the new Corporate mentality and would have to go. Can't have employees feeling like they have rights and such.

#777384 - 08/07/12 04:07 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time

http://www.nationalreview.com/planet-gor...tcy-henry-payne

Obama’s Big, Fat Fib about Romney’s Auto Bankruptcy

By Henry Payne

February 14, 2012 1:43 P.M.

Comments

Here comes the GOP primary, Michigan edition. And with it, media misinformation.

Exhibit A is the fiction that Mitt Romney “was willing to let (the American auto industry) just die” as President Obama repeatedly puts it in speeches — uncorrected by his MSM allies. Michigan is crucial to Obama’s fall reelection and Romney is a formidable obstacle. Solidifying a narrative that the GOP challenger is anti-autos is crucial, not just to mobilizing blue-collar voters but also swing, white collar voters whose jobs were saved by government intervention.

“Just like Mitt Romney, who wanted Detroit to go bankrupt, Newt Gingrich opposed the rescue loan that saved the U.S. auto industry and 1.4 million American jobs,” Obama spokesman Clark Pettig told the Detroit News this weekend.

Huh? Both Romney and Obama advocated bankruptcy for GM and Chrysler.

Both agreed on a “managed bankruptcy,” meaning the government would maintain financial lines of credit, honoring contracts in bankruptcy so that suppliers would keep operating. “A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs,” Romney wrote in a 2008 New York Times op-ed that has been willfully distorted by Obama and his media minions.

Where Obama and Romney disagreed was on what type of bankruptcy.

Obama took GM and Chrysler into Chapter 363 — a creative interpretation of the bankruptcy code that sought to avoid the traditional Chapter 11 process so that the White House could dictate terms to favor preferred constituencies like Big Labor. The result was thuggish tactics (as reported by this scribe and largely ignored by Obama’s media allies) that threatened bondholders and shorted pension investors. While Chapter 363 bankruptcy allowed the automakers to emerge quickly from bankruptcy, it was hugely controversial in the legal community.

The government is “end-running the Chapter 11 process” by structuring the bankruptcies as sales, bankruptcy expert and UCLA Law Professor Lynn LoPucki told CFO magazine in June, 2009. Chapter 363 allowed both companies to get rid of liabilities without getting approval from their creditors. “It’s improper, because creditors are not getting the legal procedure allowed to them by Congress,” said LoPucki, who also teaches at Harvard, and who I sourced repeatedly during the Detroit bankruptcies.

By contrast, Romney opposed the initial “bailout” transfusions of cash from both the Bush and Obama administrations that kow-towed to unions and postponed crucial restructurings. He advocated immediately taking the companies into Chapter 11 via a managed bankruptcy, allowing management, creditors, and unions to work out terms while the government protected credit lines at a time when private credit markets were frozen. The result would likely have been more sustainable companies in the long haul — not Obama’s UAW bailout.

“Whether it was by President Bush or by President Obama, it was the wrong way to go,” Romney said at the Michigan presidential debate November. “The idea of billions of dollars being wasted initially, then finally they adopted the managed bankruptcy. I was among others that said we ought to do that.”

“Instead of a bailout, I favored ‘managed bankruptcy’ as the way forward. The course I recommended was eventually followed,” writes Romney in his Detroit News op-ed, correcting the record repeatedly distorted by the MSM. “But something else happened along the way that was truly egregious. By the spring of 2009, instead of the free market doing what it dos best, we got a major taste of crony capitalism, Obama-style.”

“I favored ‘managed bankruptcy’ as the way forward.” So much for the fiction of letting them “just die.” But in an election year, the MSM prefers Obama’s fiction to fact

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#777387 - 08/07/12 04:13 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Hmmm, let's all guess how Romney would handle this crap:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/record-penalties-fraud-few-charges-193803635.html

#777388 - 08/07/12 04:15 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
...and after giving GM and Chrysley huge amounts of taxpayer dollars they still WENT THRU BANKRUPTCY.

Last I checked GM and Chrysler are still making automobiles even after BANKRUPTCY.

So much for Todds' bullchit, spin and lies. Todds' always been full of chit and I don't expect that to change soon. It's funny that Todd talks about morals and convictions because he wouldn't know either of those even if they ran up and bit him on his ass.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#777443 - 08/07/12 07:45 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Just like how no President has been re-elected with an unemployment rate so high, none of those presidents had such a dumb opponent, I think Obama will take this hand over fist.

#777460 - 08/07/12 08:05 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Look for a close popular vote...and not so close electoral victory.

Fish on...

Todd

#777486 - 08/07/12 09:40 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
The last person that I want as President is some loony bible thumper that spends 30 hours a week in church.

Nobody cares what you wan't.

- Albert Einstein.

#777488 - 08/07/12 09:43 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Likewise.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#777489 - 08/07/12 09:45 PM Re: Here's your Man of Conviction [Re: Dan S.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I wasn't talking to you little man. wink

- Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 385 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |