Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79003 - 04/29/06 11:58 PM Re: Hunter Injured in Washington Bear Attack
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Who cares if parts of bears killed on damage complaints are sold, it only makes sense to try to defer the cost of getting rid of them........I think they should be considered vermin instead of big game when they are a problem and have to be removed/neutralized. I wish there was a market for the mice I kill in my carage !

#79004 - 06/10/06 11:14 AM Re: Hunter Injured in Washington Bear Attack
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
I ran into this thread a little late, but here is what I know about the bears killed on damage control hunts, this being told to me by Enforcement.

The depredation hunters are allowed to run bears on private timber property and onto/into public property. They can kill two bears per permit. If damage continues property owner can ask for another permit, allowing the killing of two more, and so on. Once a bear is killed they are required to remove the bear and take it (hide/skull/claws intact) to a butcher and taxidermist in the Centralia area. The butcher cuts / wraps the meat for local food banks and the taxidermist sells the hides.

Now this was all told to me by a rep for the F&G Enforcement over the phone so I don't know how much is fact and how much is PR.
That being said, I have never heard of an auction or sale of bear parts, never heard of bear meat being given away at food banks and I have heard from depredation hunters who state that they can not touch bears after they are killed.

#79005 - 06/14/06 04:29 PM Re: Hunter Injured in Washington Bear Attack
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
I'm not sure I believe the food banks part of it.

They're not selling it but I know to sell meat they have to be FDA inspected which also entails having an inspector on site while the killing is taking place. Don't think the FDA has people running around the hills.

#79006 - 07/11/06 12:02 PM Re: Hunter Injured in Washington Bear Attack
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
I'm pretty sure that isnt necessary sinker... I've had friends donate deer and elk from personal hunts before.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
cfinlip, Fishbait, gkohler
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 676 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |