THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#796941 - 11/02/12 03:59 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya **** [Re: Swedish Chef]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

Damn

#796942 - 11/02/12 04:00 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
This thread is starting to give me a bad name...

#796955 - 11/02/12 04:32 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Dan S.]
The Closer Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I'll send you a dollar if you go buy a sense of humor with it.

Give it to Merg!

#796964 - 11/02/12 05:00 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Twitch]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Twitch

Twenty nine page thread and Merg's to blame,
you give Twitch a bad name. (back ground singer) Bad name.

Edited by Waterboy (11/02/12 05:00 PM)

#796978 - 11/02/12 05:46 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Waterboy]
Piper
Unregistered

Merg is a jig twitching tool
His skill sends us all back to school
Stepdad puts him in place
“CLEAN YOUR ROOM YOU CHEAPASS DISGRACE"
and tell your mom 2 inch peckers are cool

#796979 - 11/02/12 05:53 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
thumbs

Nicely done.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#797021 - 11/02/12 08:21 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: stam
This thread actually motivated me to give some thought to when I first attempted to catch a coho by twitching a jig, according to the properties listed on this photo it was the morning of Nov 20 2004, (that's nearly 8 years ago) the Queets turned ugly and we headed north, called buddy Mike Z as we hit Forks, asked him where to/what to/how to? He said to go to Shuwah road and walk down to the Iverson Hole, stand by the long downed fir tree on that one big rock that sticks out and twitch jigs... I didn't have a clue what he was talking about and told him so, he gave me a brief over the phone tutorial....

tip of the day: keep your tip up, don't horse 'em......and always listen to Mike Z.

Whoa.

#797040 - 11/02/12 09:45 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
Chaz Offline
Fry

Loc: Buckley
Stam,

You used to be a girl?

Never would have known.

#797044 - 11/02/12 09:54 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Chaz]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
U always suspected it. Right?

#797051 - 11/02/12 10:44 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Dave Vedder]
Chaz Offline
Fry

Loc: Buckley
Oh hell yeah!

Not that I care. Life style choices are up to the individual.

#797052 - 11/02/12 10:45 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Chaz]
redhook
Unregistered

you would be the one to know Bono.... smile

#797057 - 11/02/12 11:17 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
Salman Offline
Spawner

I'm twitching.

#797086 - 11/03/12 12:55 AM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
If you commercialize this tactic, just make sure you don't promote drunk driving, or leave Vodka fifths in the center console...

#797096 - 11/03/12 01:35 AM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Twitch]
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Originally Posted By: Twitch

Apparently you don't ascribe to Jerid's philosophy of "even bad press is good publicity". smile
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#797102 - 11/03/12 02:13 AM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Originally Posted By: stam
......I first attempted to catch a coho by twitching a jig........was the morning of Nov 20 2004, (that's nearly 8 years ago) ......Mike Z........said to go ......stand by the ....... big rock that sticks out and twitch jigs... I ...always listen to Mike Z.

Mike rocks.

I distinctly remember hearing about a number of OP dudes using this technique even earlier than that, particularly for summer low water lock jawed sockeye salmon that I could never get to bite anything I threw at them on said river. I also remember a pretty extensive well written article about this "jig twitching" technique in STS. My memory is fading some, but I also seem to recall it was written by Gordon Gracey and wife maybe as far back as late 1990's. Hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong. I also recall folks who did not take much interest in the article at the time, thinking that the Amatos were reaching for the obscure to meet a deadline that issue. Obviously there were more than just a few up there paying close attention however.
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#797112 - 11/03/12 04:31 AM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Mergantroider]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Mergantroider
4-5 hours i can show you how to skip the year it takes to master it and give you the mastery right there.

so you have been doing it since '05? ...but it only takes one year to "master"? oh but wait now i can get it done in 4-5 hours?? this just keeps getting easier for the average fishermen..
..I think i can do you one better..tie on jig, cast beyond the seams, implement action to jiggy jure, reel in gather'd line and repeat, now give me a dollar...

found one hole today that was fishable, seemed to work, wthout the video too...but then again i DID have some of my hair tied on under that hootchie too..

[img:center][/img]

#797116 - 11/03/12 08:07 AM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: On The Swing]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: On The Swing
Originally Posted By: Mergantroider
4-5 hours i can show you how to skip the year it takes to master it and give you the mastery right there.

so you have been doing it since '05? ...but it only takes one year to "master"? oh but wait now i can get it done in 4-5 hours?? this just keeps getting easier for the average fishermen..
..I think i can do you one better..tie on jig, cast beyond the seams, implement action to jiggy jure, reel in gather'd line and repeat, now give me a dollar...

found one hole today that was fishable, seemed to work, wthout the video too...but then again i DID have some of my hair tied on under that hootchie too..

[img:center][/img]

Video proof?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#797140 - 11/03/12 11:50 AM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
milt roe Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacoma
We used to get bass fishemen coming up to fish salmon on the Kanektok who fished jigs very effectively for silvers ans rainbows. That was in the early 1980s. Same basic jigs, same basic technique. Nothing new here. Better fishermen catch more fish no matter what they are using.

#797142 - 11/03/12 12:02 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Originally Posted By: 2MANY

I was just twitching my jig and it spit at me.
Now what?

Twas probably a gator

#797149 - 11/03/12 12:21 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Dave Vedder]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Nick Amato got us going on swimming/twitching jigs when we were fishing for Humpsters with him.

Seriously.

It's not quite the same presentation as when you're fishing jigs for silvers, but it isn't all that different either.

I'm not sure how long ago that was, but it was before cowlitfisherman's tutorial - and that had to be 7 or 8 years ago, I think.

2MANY - you need to get a handle on yourself. Never mind...........sounds like you already have.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
mtpar, philpac33, SpringerBouy, TinMan95
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, DrifterWA, 1 invisible), 333 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13524
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645389 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |