THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#786087 - 09/16/12 01:24 AM US Consulate in Benghazi. Really?
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
So the deadly 91112 attack allegedly happened at a US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya as the result of a movie? And 50 people have been identified as those involved? OK.

Rueters Article

What if there isn't a US Consulate in Benghazi, only Tripoli, according to the US Department of State list of such US Consulates, Embassies and Missions?

US Department of State List

And the movie wasn't even real, just a dubbed version of another film about "Master George?"

Huff Po

This whole *story* is getting rather strange.....

#786134 - 09/16/12 02:45 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

So the western-backed intervention in Libya, complete with armed foreign freedom fighters, didn't result in that dog biting its master in the ass, it was a dubbed movie that was the cause?

#786165 - 09/16/12 07:53 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Spontaneous attack or credible information of an imminent attack. It keeps Changing....

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

Independent

Reminds me of scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef a few decades ago. There was a Russian diver on the dive charter. The Aussies, Canucks and the 'Mericans on board laughed at him regarding Tass news reporting being nothing but government propaganda. He coolly responded that the difference between him and those ridiculing him was that at least he knew he was watching government-sponsored propaganda....

Priceless.

#786244 - 09/17/12 02:54 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Driftin']
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Quote:
at least he knew he was watching government-sponsored propaganda....

applause

#786246 - 09/17/12 08:27 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ParaLeaks]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
they would absolutely put their loyalty to the Prophet over the consulate. The deaths are all nothing compared to insulting the Prophet."

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#786269 - 09/17/12 12:20 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Jerry Garcia]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Next President should make our national religion Islam and totallyy mindfuck these yayhoos

#786274 - 09/17/12 12:50 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Its dependant on girth. Nostrils and ear canals are available for the less endowed

#786281 - 09/17/12 01:10 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
eliminate the taxpayers dollars going to Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan and others two faced entities. Let em eat cake and dine on their hate not
our dollars.

#786282 - 09/17/12 01:10 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Haha word just came out that he sleeps naked and eats peanut butter. Not in that order.

#786342 - 09/17/12 05:39 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Safe house was attacked also.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#786414 - 09/17/12 09:58 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Since the US embassy to Libya is located in Tripoli, why were all the US diplomatic corps at a "consultate" in Benghazi? Or is Benghazi a suburb of Tripoli? I didn't try to check on that.

#786434 - 09/17/12 11:44 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Salmo g.]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Benghazi was the capital of the folks who brought down Mallowmar. (NTC)

I don't believe that the new .gov of Libya would do this. A small group of wingnuts, yes.

We don't need to arm another bunch of future wingnuts. Yes, we need an embassy, apparently armed to the teeth, to suuport our interests in the area, but the USSR is dead, and communism isn't the threat it once was. Time for us and GB to sit one of these things out and let France or Germany take the lead for once. This is closer to their back yard than ours.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#786446 - 09/18/12 12:15 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Driftin']
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
The govt of Labia would totally do this, it's a shiny object to distract from the real issues. Our govt would do the same . Al Queda is the pass go and collect 200 billion for free card that both sides play to get the sheep to nod their heads in support.

#786449 - 09/18/12 12:16 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Dogfish]
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
Getting any country besides the US & GB to take a lead role in a turbulant Middle East solution would be a real stretch. I just do not see it happening any time soon. China, Russia, and the rest, I get the feeling they simply laugh at our attempts to bring peace and democracy to a region of the world that for centuries has never known such a thing. Does not matter how much muny we throw at the problem...These folks simply have their collective mad on I'm not sure there is anything the civilized world can do to chage that...

Just my .02

#786452 - 09/18/12 12:23 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Black Bart]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Originally Posted By: Black Bart
Getting any country besides the US & GB to take a lead role in a turbulant Middle East solution would be a real stretch. I just do not see it happening any time soon. China, Russia, and the rest, I get the feeling they simply laugh at our attempts to bring peace and democracy to a region of the world that for centuries has never known such a thing. Does not matter how much muny we throw at the problem...These folks simply have their collective mad on I'm not sure there is anything the civilized world can do to chage that...

Just my .02

Word.

Our strategic "caring" in an effort to promote democracy is our weakness and arguably ultimately a possible demise. We believe we can save them from themselves.

#786455 - 09/18/12 12:25 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Black Bart]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

China and Russia crush these type of issues in their countries justas Clausewitz says to. If you don't crush their hopes and spirits an insurgency will never be relinquished. I haven't read On War in several years so pardon my paraphrasing. You guys remember that Muslim uprising a few years ago in Russia? Heard anything since?? Putin annihilated that whole village I am sure. China had a little uprising as well. That got nipped in the butt real quick. The difference? Selective adherance to the Geneva Convention and a population that dare not question its gubments actions.. And that folks, is why we will never crush these insurgencies.

#786465 - 09/18/12 12:43 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Black Bart]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Black Bart

Just my .02

Don't disagree with you at all. Just hate to see us send more of our guys into yet another meat grinder.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#786498 - 09/18/12 02:11 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Dogfish]
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
Andy...I totally agree. Our troops risk their lives and I don't like it.

I for one would like to see a day soon when our guys are back home with their families and we are an energy independent North America, free from these goat eating folks who hate us so much.

#786506 - 09/18/12 03:39 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Black Bart]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Anyone else recall Obama saying that he would diplomatically "talk" out any issues with these people?

C'mon, you remember.

Mr. PeaceMaker President, how's that working for you?

#787241 - 09/20/12 11:29 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Black Bart]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
.....and employed.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 337 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |