THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#787250 - 09/20/12 12:18 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Illyrian]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

This morning I read conflicting reports about whether the attack was pre-planned or spontaneous. How the heck do you have a spontaneous attack with with machine guns and RPGs?

The FBI has arrived in Benghazi, and they're gonna' figure it out with the local police and military. Really? Arrived a week and two days after the fact to inspect an "undisturbed" crime scene no doubt. Things aren't adding up.

#787471 - 09/20/12 10:25 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Somebody either "cooked up" or is "cooking up" a story.......I wonder which it is.

#787624 - 09/21/12 07:22 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Reminds me of that movie with Samuel L. Jackson, "Yeah I said it, Smoke them muh fuhhhherz!"

Salmo, remember to keep it in context of the region. In that area of the World, it is not unusual for families or people to have caches of weapons in their basements or attics. They don't have the awesome gun control laws we do smile

#787625 - 09/21/12 07:23 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Hankster
What a shame.

Pakistani man dies after inhaling fumes from burning American flags at anti-Islam film rally

More than 10,000 protesters reportedly took to the streets in Lahore
Demonstrators chanted anti-U.S. slogans and set light to U.S. flag outside American Consulate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz26pjacUAi

Choked on the fumes of Democracy and freedom. Amurrr-Cuh

#787833 - 09/23/12 03:01 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Salmo g.]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Things aren't adding up.

Post NATO liberation Gaddafi loyalists under the Green Resistance makes more sense than the other circulating crap. Maybe the present focus on Syria and Iran distracts from what is gaining traction in the rear view mirror whilst motoring down the highway to Armageddon....

Green Resistance Article

#789941 - 10/03/12 11:56 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Driftin']
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
With apologies to this gentleman

A tragedy becomes a comedy

All the World's a Stage....

#790517 - 10/06/12 01:45 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/333411.php

October 03, 2012

Administration Knew "Within Hours" That Benghazi Attack Was Likely a Terrorist Attack Connected to al Qaeda

#791191 - 10/10/12 01:44 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Reuters: State never responded to two requests for more security in Benghazi
posted at 10:01 am on October 10, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Former State Department security officer Eric Nordstrom will testify today to the House Oversight Committee about the security failures that led to the terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi and the assassination of our Ambassador to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens. Reuters got an advance look at his prepared testimony last night, and reports that not only did Nordstrom repeatedly request more security for the diplomatic mission, the State Department didn’t even bother to respond to his last two requests:

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/10/re...ty-in-benghazi/

#794292 - 10/23/12 11:27 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Hank, this is just a little piece of what has been a very disorganized and disengaged administration that has been more concerned with fundraising and television shows. 4 people died and the administration has lied.

#794300 - 10/23/12 11:58 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: DBAppraiser]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

DBA......you're right.
I'm curious why I haven't seen a news station interview of what the family of J. Christopher Stevens thinks of this administration.

#794310 - 10/24/12 12:46 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: DBAppraiser]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
If you want to play "woulda, coulda, shoulda...", lets look at another scenario. What if an additional 6-12 security personnel would have been assigned to protect the Americans at the consulate and half of those were on duty at the time of the attack. The headlines coming from Benghazi could very well have read, "Ten Americans Killed in Libya". Do we even know today, how big a security force we should have sent to prevent four, or more, American deaths?

It's not my job to interpret the conflicting reports that came out of Washington in the days after the tragedy in Benghazi. There will be investigations. Hopefully, they will be as thorough as the investigation into Pat Tillman's death and the lies, deception, and stonewalling by the Bush administration that followed.

#794311 - 10/24/12 12:55 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: CedarR]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: CedarR
If you want to play "woulda, coulda, shoulda...", lets look at another scenario. What if an additional 6-12 security personnel would have been assigned to protect the Americans at the consulate and half of those were on duty at the time of the attack. The headlines coming from Benghazi could very well have read, "Ten Americans Killed in Libya". Do we even know today, how big a security force we should have sent to prevent four, or more, American deaths?

It's not my job to interpret the conflicting reports that came out of Washington in the days after the tragedy in Benghazi. There will be investigations. Hopefully, they will be as thorough as the investigation into Pat Tillman's death and the lies, deception, and stonewalling by the Bush administration that followed.

I don't want to play coulda, woulda, shoulda with this, too many games have been played with this matter already.

#794316 - 10/24/12 01:14 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

If you mean the Tillman tragedy and the spin that followed it, you damn right I was "dizzy". So dizzy I couldn't find my way through Krakauer's book, Where Men Win Glory without a flow chart showing the characters, connivers, and cover-ups.

#794327 - 10/24/12 02:01 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Just takes a memory, Hank. I know most Republicans have flushed those memories long ago. Don't blame them, really.

#794342 - 10/24/12 08:24 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
So the spin continues to be that we only need for Obama to be a little better than Bush.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#794346 - 10/24/12 08:45 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
So the spin continues to be that we only need for Obama to be a little better than Bush.

He would have to start two unfunded wars, send our young people to die while fighting with the people that did not bomb the World Trade centers and give his buddies some of the largest tax cuts in history while exhausting the tax surplus of the previous president. So he would really have to step DOWN to reach the gutter that Bush lived in!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#794351 - 10/24/12 09:06 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

There's no "D" in integrity.

#794395 - 10/24/12 12:59 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Keep up the spin..I'm looking for a card with an 11 on it.

Shouldn't be too hard to find that card; they gave one to everybody that attended the 2004 Republican Special Olympics in New York City. It replaced the "honorable mention" and "participant" ribbons they usually hand out. It did make for a special moment when G. W. took the podium, and all those in attendance held up their "11" cards. You could hardly tell half of the cards were upside down.

No, Obama doesn't have to be slightly better than George Bush. Romney is slightly better than Bush, and Obama is slightly better than him. There you go, "Mission Accomplished!"

#794475 - 10/24/12 07:52 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks for killin the thread Hank. These guys can't handle the light of day being shined on their chosen one.

#794568 - 10/25/12 08:26 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
How could it take a month to investigate something that lasted six hours?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 391 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |