THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#806107 - 12/09/12 07:57 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: steeliedrew]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: steeliedrew
post em up. I'm anti Facebook. haha. anybody get any video of our last fish when Beezer rammed his boat into mine? That was an exciting fight with all you guys hootin and haulering from the bank. luckily the wife was able to get the fishes head out of the water and slide her towards the net. I was extended as far as I could go to make the stab.

Too much of that and you will be getting the big V at the next high water.

#806109 - 12/09/12 10:12 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: RB3]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Outside momentary distraction.........

The Merg bailed on Stam? WHAT??!!

His Mother better have died, is all I have to say.

Now back to important matters......sorry for the interruption.

#806141 - 12/09/12 02:47 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: ParaLeaks]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
The 2012 Snoopy Rod Classic was another success! Thanks to all who came out to participate and to donate to a great cause! We ended raising damn near $3,000 for the Gracy Family!

As always, Dee and I had to sneak out on the river on Thursday to see if there were any fish around for us to catch on Friday. The river was really high and for a day where the forecast didn't call for much rained, it rained and rained and rained and rained some more on us. The river rose at least a foot and the fish where not cooperating.

Well, maybe not ALL the fish....

Uh. Wonder what could be on the end of that white TETHER line sitting in a side channel in the Dimmel Drift? smile

The annual SRC Pre-Func was held at the Bogi Rental House on that Thursday evening and as always, there was plenty of good people, food, booze, Redington goodies, stories, and shenanigans galore! A good time was had by all, and maybe a little too much for a few others. Some nice hangovers greeted us on Friday morning at the cafe for breakfast!

On the water Friday morning at Oh-My-Gawd-Dark-Thirty and at 7:00 I fired off my tater gun to get the 2012 Snoopy Rod Classic Started!

Oddly enough, I was hooked in to a fish at 7:01. Landed at 7:01.30. Pretty sure that's a new SRC record! A nice 7.3 pound fish that ended up taking 2nd place. Of course, a 2nd place fish and $4 will get that winner a latte at the latte stand.

The Dimmel drift was a tad slow, but there were some fish to be found, and find them I did!

In between casts or fish, I was firing off the Zombie Tater gun and damn near killed TBird and Mreyn! Almost felt bad on that shot that hit a tree branch right in front of them causing the potato to break up, hitting both TBird and Mark in the back and head. I swear I lobbed that shot guys... wink

At some point, Dogfish and his team of NOFISH and DEE moved in side of us and we hear "Save Dora!" We look over and a floating Dora rod with a nice Dr. Death Tad out in front of it was bobbing in the river. I guess Dora wanted to go Exploring and Dee obliged. First time someone has casted a rod in to the river without a fish on the end of the line! Dora and the Tad could not be saved and ended up getting sucked in to a log jam. RIP, Dora!

I managed to hook and play on a fish in front of Team Dogfish and by the time they realized I had something on, it was over. Nice little chromer for Team 2 Guides and a Not-Really-Worthless Boat Ho, as I was up three fish at this time.

Catching fish and shooting tater guns is SERIOUS bizness. Try not to smile......

At some point, Bob put a plug over the side and as the three of us were picking our noses and not looking, the rod folded over and a massive derby winning 3-salt rolled on the surface with Bob's plug in it's face! A nice roll on the surface and it spit the plug back at us! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Bored of Dimmel and knowing that we had to be at the take out by 3:00, we bailed and proceeded to drag some rags through the top end of the hatchery drift right in the middle of a bazillion people. Of course, a fish grabs Carl's rag and it's GAME ON! The fish does a strange head shake and Carl's line goes slack. Damn! We lost it! The fish comes up and jumps just to show Carl what he lost......as Bob looks over and sees that Carl's line is swimming up river! It's still there! Out comes the nets, out come the name calling from the bankies and we're putting on a fish-on show with Snoopy rods in front of 75 bank anglers! Carl couldn't handle the pressure and proceeded to lose the fish in front of everyone....which brought out plenty of laughter, confusing, swearing, and the usual sort of stuff when one loses another good fish on a Snoopy Rod.

Not any more action for us the rest of the day! A few good potato wars with Dogfish's crew and that was it.

At some point, I was wet, cold, hung over, snot dripping down my nose....so I just started drinking, Snoopy Rod Classic Style! laugh

There was a pretty good mele going on at the boat ramp with boats getting potato's shot at them at a furious pace and Steeliedrew and Mrs. Drew hooking a ton of fish within sight of the ramp! CONGRATS to Mrs. Drew for being the only female to actually catch/hook/land some steelhead on a Snoopy Rod! Major kudos for evening showing up, letting alone fishing and catching something! Drew get's some bonus points for that! Even NOFISH caught a fish on a Snoopy Rod! Good times!

At some point, Team Tbird drift past us and power-douched Bob. As we eventually caught up to them, my tater gun's battery died, so I resorted to hand-throwing potato's at them. At one point, Mark hucked a tater my way that was easily catchable....so I took off my helmet to attempt to catch it. I did.....but the tater ripped the helmet out of my hands and they it went flying in to the river! So, Direct-Drive...while the helmet wasn't shot off my head, it was ripped out of my hands! Kinda hurt, too! wink I hucked tater back at Mark who did use his hand to try to catch it. Apparently that really hurt and maybe wasn't the smartest idea. wink

At the ramp, all the boats finally came in, the fish were finally all weighed, some more BS was flying and it was time for the 2012 Snoopy Rod Classic Group Shot.

While Chad was nice enough to slap me upside the cheek and ear with a fish tail, I made sure I was not getting spooged on from above. That's more a Sky-Guy kinda thing. wink

Interestingly enough, I think almost EVERY person in this photo was wearing a brand new pair of Redington CPX zippered front waders! Redington sure makes a kick-ass set of waders! I highly recommend the Redington waders. Yes sir, Redington. Can't say Redington enough. wink

In the end, Team TBird (TBird, Mreyn, and Nate) pretty much kicked our asses. They took big fish honors, Team Award honors, and the mystery weight fish. Yeah, they took home the trophy, the jacket, the rod, and all the prize money.

Congrats to Team TBird!

TBird is all smiles after getting the Team Trophy!

Kev did an outstanding job of MC'ing the event at the mexican restaurant and here we are presenting Mark the coveted Green Snoopy Rod Jacket for the Big Fish Award. The winning fish was 7 pounds 12 ounces, I believe. CanyonMan looks thrilled.....

Team TBird showing off ALL the goodies......

The only thing Mark and Team TBird didn't win was an Lamiglas Ti rod donated to the cause from Three Rivers! This was a $500 rod that we were all droolling over.

The night before...before Chad passed out and rallied, he was going on and on about how we could all just "suck it" because he was winning the rod.

Uh.....

He won. Of course.

So......his sign says it all! rofl

Again, thanks to everyone who was involved, donated, and participated in this year's Snoopy Rod Classic!!!!! Big thanks to Three Rivers for the rod!

Unbelievable BIG THANKS to Redington for stepping up to the plate this year.

Already looking fo

#806218 - 12/09/12 10:44 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: The Moderator]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
Good recap there Parker. I'm gonna have to sneak in under the cover of darkness next year and steal any fish you guys tethered from the day before. Haha. Me and the wife are still laughing about when you tried to catch the potato in your beer helmet. I'd say good times were had by all this year.

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#806228 - 12/09/12 11:31 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: steeliedrew]
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
I also wanted to thank everyone who participated and like I said at dinner, I'd like to get some of the "Old blood" back in the water with us next year. I'd also like to raise the bar and try to bring in $5000 next year. I have some ideas that I will be working on with Bob, Corey, Parker and Canyon Man. I think we can make the SRC a greater event and give back to the people in Forks!
Thanks again to all who help put this together, HUGE thanks to Mark at Redington and Neal for pulling off the wader deal. Big thanks to Three Rivers Marine, the rod donation was beyond expectations, thank you to all!
I had a great time catching up with some old friends and making new ones. The people are what this event is all about, I hope to cross paths with you all on the water someday...soon.

Kev

#806277 - 12/10/12 01:17 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Kev]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Looks like it was an abundance good clean fun.
Was hoping for a GoPro vid of the Rainier Twins spinning off into orbit via a carefully aimed spud.

Next year, mebbe.

#806365 - 12/10/12 04:10 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Direct-Drive]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
In addition to REDINGTON, I want to thank Bob/Parker/Canyonman/Kev for that voodoo that they do so well every year. Also a huge thank you to my teamates Dogfish and Dee for helping me kill the SRC skunk on my 5th SRC thumbs And thanks Seastrike for the use of your battleship in your absence thumbs

I took some pic.'s to share..........the pre-funk at the house was a great time as usual, (thanks for handling all of that Scott thumbs), but this oldtimer headed for the pillow when these poker faces came out

Bright and early Friday morning, Parker greets the SRC'ers launching with spud projectiles. and Carl shines a bright light in everone's face so they can't walk their boat up into the Dimmel (that was good Carl ;))

Standard Snoopy Gear

If any of you ever get the chance to ride in the SRC with Dogfish the multi-tasker extrordinaire, DO IT!!! He packs an arsenal, if you look close there are at least 5 WMD's in this pic......and when he says "DUCK", don't ask why, JUST DO IT grin

I have to hand it to Team T-Bird.....they had one super soaker on board, and they douched everybody to the nines. Rumor has it TRBO took enemy fire without his rainjacket on, and even Team Tyee Charters a.k.a. Switzerland, a neutral party to the war effort, got douched.......

Douching clip

Lastly, the Liar's Club at Jalisco's, where Kev performed the Master of Cermonies duty well....and thank you mreyns buying the drinks thumbs

Good clean 'merican fun was had by all!

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#806372 - 12/10/12 05:21 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: NOFISH]
OPfisher Offline
The Golden Boy

Loc: wa/ak
Look how hard Tom has trained to win that! [Bleeeeep!] he trimmed down from all his training! Congrats wink

http://www.olympicpeninsulaoutfitters.net/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Olympic-Peninsula-Outfitters/

#806375 - 12/10/12 05:52 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: OPfisher]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Originally Posted By: OPfisher
Look how hard Tom has trained.... Congrats wink

Noticed that right off. Good work T-bird yer looking lean & mean!!

c/22

#806403 - 12/10/12 10:02 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: chrome/22]
hybridcx Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: sequim, Wa
Originally Posted By: chrome/22
Originally Posted By: OPfisher
Look how hard Tom has trained.... Congrats wink

Noticed that right off. Good work T-bird yer looking lean & mean!!

c/22

+1

noticed it right off good work tom

#806488 - 12/11/12 02:02 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: steeliedrew]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Very Nice!

Rick

#806490 - 12/11/12 02:08 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: The Moderator]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Great report, Parker.

Oregon Archer and I are in for next year.

Rick

Edited by Doctor Rick (12/11/12 02:15 AM)

#806640 - 12/11/12 05:02 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Doctor Rick]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
How you gonna get him away from the elk next year?????????. Good luck,
SZ

#807352 - 12/13/12 07:56 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: ]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
rofl rofl

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#807390 - 12/13/12 10:09 PM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: FishPrince
surprise me.

Ok.

(USER WAS BANNED *48* HOURS FOR THIS POST)

Surprise!

#807410 - 12/14/12 12:23 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: The Moderator]
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

Some one is on a power trip

#807416 - 12/14/12 12:42 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Loc: Oahu, HI /Olympia, WA
it was pissing rain. stam agreed he may not drive up. sorry guys...i didnt want to drive 3 hours + to drink beer for a day an drive back. had to pour a bunch of concrete and got the option to work .....my bad. i had my barbie pole all ready to go. was going 6 lbs spider wire all the way. smile i should have gambled.

#807417 - 12/14/12 12:44 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: The Moderator]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Loc: Oahu, HI /Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: parker
surprise me.

Ok.

Surprise!

well i guess if thats all you can control in your life you might as well abuse the he(( out of it.

#807429 - 12/14/12 02:12 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Mergantroider]
SideDriftin' Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Better read the rules, Merg.

4. Rods must be kids cartoon type rod, (1-piece) have only 2 eyes/guides on rod. Zebco rods match the specs (Snoopy, Tweety, Taz, Mickey, Minney, Sponge Bob, etc.). Rod and reel must not be modified; the original reel that came packaged with the rod must be used. Existing line can be exchanged for new line that MUST be monofilament, 10 pound maximum test allowed, no braided or Dacron lines. Only two rods are allowed per angler. No other non-qualified snoopy type rods are ALLOWED on one's possession or boat during the SRC. Possession of a non-qualified rod is grounds for instant disqualification of the SRC. Past SRC Champions may use the TH Snoopy Rod they won, however reels must be of the cartoon type, like the reels used on the Zebco Cartoon Rods.

Edited by SideDriftin' (12/14/12 02:16 AM)

#807438 - 12/14/12 08:19 AM Re: Official SRC 2012 Info and Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Mergantroider]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: Mergantroider
Originally Posted By: parker
surprise me.

Ok.

Surprise!

well i guess if thats all you can control in your life you might as well abuse the he(( out of it.

Just because a person is a moderator doesn't mean they have to turn the other cheek everytime. Sometimes you get what you ask for.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, DrifterWA), 1440 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |