Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#823278 - 02/16/13 04:01 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: Oregonian]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
Not sure what you mean but I cant tell stories about ballistics gel if that's what you're implying. After all we are talking about killing game here right?

j7 2012

#823279 - 02/16/13 04:13 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: j 7]
redhook
Unregistered

no, he means dont tell stories about being a hack and blowing a knee apart, or shooting an animal 3 times while chasing it around and blowing the meat to sh!t in the process....

if ya cant hit at distance, get closer... there is nothing cool about wounding an animal from distance, vs dropping an animal from 100 yards dead in its tracks...

#823281 - 02/16/13 04:20 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: j 7]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: j 7
Not sure what you mean but I cant tell stories about ballistics gel if that's what you're implying. After all we are talking about killing game here right?

We could probably do without you bragging about "F'd up some meat" getting numerous bullets into a live deer running around. It's probably just me, but I think those kinds of stories are inappropriate.

Any discussion of ballistics or terminal performance, assumes some discretion behind the trigger, whether keyboard or rifle.

#823285 - 02/16/13 04:55 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: Oregonian]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Yeah, like I'm the only guy that's ever happened to. I'm not gona sugar coat it, lie, or only tell you about the good times. The knee job deer died faster than the perfect shot deer and it didn't ruin an ounce of meat (slam dunk). You dont know anything about the distance or scenario so please dont assume. The point was that a better bullet had a better outcome and quicker death implying better terminal performance.

The first shot on the 3-shot deer was a great shot in the shoulder it just didn't kill him. Second was at about 15 yards when he jumped up and took off. I tried to get him down before he went in some real thick brush and bramble. Off-hand instinctive shot and that's where I ruined some of the meat. Third shot was point blank to end it. So now its not as bad as you think. The point was that it was a very shittty bullet selection for the job at hand. The bullet came apart well before it could do its job on the first shot implying bad terminal performance.

Now, RH, I will gladly read your story about the deer you shot, that didn't bleed, or suffer, and how strawberry shortcake and the frickin care bears packed it out for ya.

j7 2012

#823287 - 02/16/13 05:09 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: j 7]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Wow. You've certainly removed all doubt.

#823288 - 02/16/13 05:12 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: j 7]
redhook
Unregistered

better bullet had better performance?

you blew its fvckin leg apart!!!!

you would die too if i blew your leg apart... theres these things called femoral arteries... i suppose everyone should go shoot animals in the legs now correct?

if you have to shoot a deer 3 times to kill it, there are 2 things going on... you suck as a shooter, or the gun you have isnt powerfull enough to do the job with 1 shot...

running through the woods chasing a wounded deer taking pop shots at it also isnt safe for other hunters in the area...

might be a tad overkill on the caliber, but at the distance, not so much....1 shot, 1 dead deer

i personally havent shot a deer, only coyotes, thinkin i might go for deer this year tho... anyways, never needed more than 1 shot (besides a miss on a moving animal at nearly 700 yards away), never tried to blow its leg off, and surely never chased it around pumping lead into it...

all im saying, is be prepared... shoot once... dont take stupid shots... make the 1 count like its the only round you have... you are more than welcome to join me at the range any time you would like, we can BS about bullets there too, the guys are very knowledgable...

#823290 - 02/16/13 05:37 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: ]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: redhook

i personally havent shot a deer

Then maybe you should STFU.

Femoral arteries are supplied by the heart through a system. Whats the difference where you make a serious leak in it. I dont hear you bitchin about the one I shot in the heart. I'm not bragging, I'm just being honest, I said it was an I'll advised shot but I took it. I am human.

So how do feel about randomly scattering projectiles at an animal and seeing where they hit? Like maybe duck hunting for example. You guys want to talk about about gruesome death. By chance it gets hit in the wing, chased by a dog, bit by the dog, and then its neck is broken. Next bird comes you drop it dead and the dog gets it. Next bird comes along, you see feathers come off and it keeps flying, then way off in the distance it drops way out the range of the dog or you and you loose that bird. This is an every day scenario during the duck season and its widely accepted as the method to do it. Did you know that its also acceptable to hunt deer with OO-buck. Gee 9 random pellets with no idea of where they will hit.

Its obvious you dont know shitttt about huntin or killin in any capacity.

j7 2012

#823291 - 02/16/13 05:46 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: j 7]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: j 7

Its obvious you dont know shitttt about huntin or killin in any capacity.

He knows about killin'
The 'Possum and the Hatchet" story is in the archives.

smile

#823293 - 02/16/13 06:00 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: Direct-Drive]
redhook
Unregistered

your right, everyone should start taking knee shots on deer...

and running through the woods with high powered rifles shooting at wounded animals since they cant drop them on the first shot...

AGAIN, if its too far for you, MOVE CLOSER... if ya cant kill it with a 30-30, use a .270 or 06... if ya cant kill it at 300 yards, test your true hunting skills and get in a 100 yard scenario... or QUIT HUNTING...

fvckin justifying blowing a deers leg apart as a good means of harvesting it... did you help make this video?

STEP UP YOUR GAME... get your skills set before you start shooting animals again please, for gods sake atleast...

#823301 - 02/16/13 06:56 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: ]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Oregonian

Redhook, you seem like a decent guy, but it would be easier to stay in a discussion with you if you would seek knowledge rather than try to invent it.

Originally Posted By: Oregonian
I'm pretty sure I have nothing further to contribute !

The more that I have interacted with RH and the O-man in this thread, I have come to realize how true the above quotes are. RH is inventing calibers, distances, and situations. The O-man was OK during the technical discussion and even a little informative but when it got bloody and real; he got sqeemish. So, if they cant contribute than neither can I.

j7 2012

#823302 - 02/16/13 07:02 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: ]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett

AGAIN, if its too far for you, MOVE CLOSER...

STEP UP YOUR GAME... get your skills set before you start shooting animals again please, for gods sake atleast...

Says the guy lobbing rounds at coyotes at 700yds. rofl

#823303 - 02/16/13 07:05 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: SundayMoney]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

The guys that claim to have never blown a shot (miss or wound) are either liars,or haven't shot at many animals.

Shidt happens.

#823305 - 02/16/13 07:18 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: SundayMoney]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

I must have missed the part where anyone claimed to have never blown a shot, and everyone else seems to have missed the point when I suggested a little discretion goes a long ways...same as common sense. There is a time and a place for just about everything, I don't think this is the place for describing the results of poor shooting on game.

#823306 - 02/16/13 07:21 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: SundayMoney]
redhook
Unregistered

i missed 1 shot, ONE, and i didnt wound it.... and honestly, i never plan on taking a shot like that again unless its on paper... because i could have wounded it, and thats not what you are supposed to do...

i also, never moved from my position in the ditch, i stayed right there, on the bipod, eye on the glass... second shot was lights out... all other coyotes from ranges of 100 feet to 600 yards were all taken with one shot, no misses... the majority of them were in the 2-400 yard range, i was also using a caliber that was pretty much over kill for an animal of that size, so even a shot just forward of where i really wanted it, would have killed it instantly anyways... but not completely blew it apart...

you get NO PERFORMANCE aspects when blowing a deers knee off... did you penetrate the full 2 inches to attain complete blow through? thats some serious penetration.... 2 whole inches...

fvckin up ONCE and making a mistake is one thing, continuing to do it is another... if you arent sure, dont take the shot... what happens if you miss and hit a rock in the woods and it smacks another hunter on the other side of the bowl?

i wasnt even being a dick either, j7s issue is he talked about it kinda braggish... like it was funny or something... its not funny... not cool, not amusing, none of that... i gave some advice, and he slobbered all over it and tried to justify blowing a deers leg off... i dont agree with that, so as O man said, dont brag about it on internet fishing/hunting boards... because there are bound to be people that dont agree with it...

again, j7, you are more than welcome to accompany me to the range, the guys there are very knowledgable about bullets and terminal performance... you might learn a thing or 10 from them, i know i have... you can come too SM...

#823309 - 02/16/13 07:49 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: ]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

again, j7, you are more than welcome to accompany me to the range, the guys there are very knowledgable about bullets and terminal performance... you might learn a thing or 10 from them, i know i have... you can come too SM...

If what you have said in this thread is any indication of the "knowledge" I would receive at this "range"; then no fckn' way. If you think the "knowledge" you have obtained from this "range" is good; then you have been bamboozled.

j7 2012

#823312 - 02/16/13 08:03 PM Re: 270 wsm [Re: ]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Come to the range for what? I know plenty about rifles,bullets and terminal performance thank you very much. Shooting at a range sucks anyways.

I simply find it funny that a guy thats never even killed a deer knows as much about killing them as you do.

I'm pulling an Oregonian and bailing on this retarded thread.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
birdhunter111, metalman, solducsinker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (chrome/22, stonefish), 946 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |