Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#827606 - 03/07/13 07:44 PM The North
redhook
Unregistered

what do you guys think about this latest threat by North Korea?

a pre-empitve nuclear strike against the US is a pretty bold threat...

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-worrisome?lite

#827608 - 03/07/13 08:05 PM Re: The North [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I think they're crazy, but not stupid...and if they did ever get a bomb strapped to an ICBM and launched it our way our missile defense system would shoot it down and then N.Korea would be in a world of hurt...like blasted back to the Stone Age kind of hurt.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#827611 - 03/07/13 08:14 PM Re: The North [Re: Todd]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Young and dumb with no backup plan.

#827652 - 03/07/13 10:32 PM Re: The North [Re: Salman]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
We just need Dennis Rodman to calm this down.

eek2

#827654 - 03/07/13 10:35 PM Re: The North [Re: Salman]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
I think the reason we haven't gone back in aggressively was fear and experience of Chinese and Soviet backing. No more Soviets and they continually piss off China; I think they get a major spanking from all 3 if they put a nuke in the sky.

j7 2012

#827656 - 03/07/13 10:40 PM Re: The North [Re: j 7]
redhook
Unregistered

from what ive been reading, its not really the ICBMs they are worried about.. they are worried that they could put one in a van, and drive it into SK and detonate it... they are also worried about them putting "dirty" ones in artillery shells...

ive also read that China is the one that wrote up all this new sanctions stuff basically... then the UN passed it...

they couldnt hit us if they wanted to, we have missile bases there, and in Alaska as well... i wouldnt be suprised in the slightest if there were more along the west coast that people dont know about, or there are portable platforms ready at any given second...

Japan and South Korea on the other hand, should worry IMO, and worry deeply...

#827657 - 03/07/13 10:44 PM Re: The North [Re: ]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
You're a regular Cliff Clavin aren't ya?

j7 2012

#827663 - 03/07/13 10:54 PM Re: The North [Re: j 7]
redhook
Unregistered

i dont know who that is...

all i know is that this is the first time that North Korea has threatened using Nuclear Weapons, and its something that should be worried about IMO...

just starting chit chat...

#827675 - 03/07/13 11:10 PM Re: The North [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: j 7

Originally Posted By: redhook
i dont know who that is...

Now ya do...

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#827681 - 03/07/13 11:30 PM Re: The North [Re: Todd]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Originally Posted By: Todd
I think they're crazy, but not stupid...and if they did ever get a bomb strapped to an ICBM and launched it our way our missile defense system would shoot it down and then N.Korea would be in a world of hurt...like blasted back to the Stone Age kind of hurt.

NK & China are historical allies with mutual defense agreements. Same with SK & USA. NK is kinda like a primer. If it pops, there will likely be a big bang in short order. A punk is compelled to talk smack when there's a big dude that's got his back....

#827684 - 03/07/13 11:37 PM Re: The North [Re: Driftin']
redhook
Unregistered

im not talking about Nukes guys, im talking about missile defense system missiles... you dont shoot down a nuke with another nuke....

remember the NIKE missile sites here? there is one up on Cougar Mountain, cool little area...

why couldnt we have another similar site noone knows about higher up in the mountains?

i have been told by people that live there, that there is military activity coming out of the Dosewallips watershed... Military choppers and sh!t... well, theres NO base anywhere near there... so, what are they doing there up in mountains that are 5-7000+ feet tall?

#827692 - 03/07/13 11:50 PM Re: The North [Re: j 7]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: j 7

I've been saying this for months...lol

- Albert Einstein.

#827693 - 03/07/13 11:52 PM Re: The North [Re: Driftin']
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Non-threat. There's no scenario that ends well for anyone dumb enough to deploy nuclear weapons in an age when everyone's got 'em. The last time nukes were a legitimate threat to anyone was Nagasaki, and that only happened because we knew nobody could retaliate.

#827695 - 03/07/13 11:53 PM Re: The North [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Yep, China is the trump card.

- Albert Einstein.

#827718 - 03/08/13 01:40 AM Re: The North [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
The *big bang* in my post above does not necessarily infer a nuclear outcome. Could be the sound of something large entering from stage left...

... and/or right.

Japan and China are in a kerfuffle over sovereign rights over some islands floating above proven oil reserves. Like SK, the USA also has a mutual defense agreement with Japan. China and the Soviets are dancing together in a really big show at present. Currency wars lead to trade wars which always lead to, well, big shows. I may have to get out the popcorn and watch when it starts....

#827782 - 03/08/13 03:49 PM Re: The North [Re: Driftin']
redhook
Unregistered

its starting to get a little worrisome with these dudes... i mean these are extremely bold threats by any country, and i think NK is about the only one crazy enough to actually do it...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/north-korea-continues-threatening-rhetoric/story?id=18684653

#827817 - 03/08/13 09:07 PM Re: The North [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
China has a huge chunk invested in us.......likely will play into any decisions China makes.

#827818 - 03/08/13 09:13 PM Re: The North [Re: ParaLeaks]
Saundu Offline
Spawner

I say stiff China and kick ass anyway shape or form. When the dust settles the billions owed to China will be forgotten. The US will have reshaped our planet and our empire will last another couple hundred years.....till an asteroid ends it all for humankind.

#827879 - 03/09/13 11:12 AM Re: The North [Re: ]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Originally Posted By: redhook
from what ive been reading, its not really the ICBMs they are worried about.. they are worried that they could put one in a van, and drive it into SK and detonate it... they are also worried about them putting "dirty" ones in artillery shells...

ive also read that China is the one that wrote up all this new sanctions stuff basically... then the UN passed it...

they couldnt hit us if they wanted to, we have missile bases there, and in Alaska as well... i wouldnt be suprised in the slightest if there were more along the west coast that people dont know about, or there are portable platforms ready at any given second...

Japan and South Korea on the other hand, should worry IMO, and worry deeply...

Japan and S. Korea both have Patriot Batterys with Pac 3 missiles. Japan has Aegis equipped warships with the
SM-2/SM-3 missile. The Aegis system has been extremely effective. Around the S. Korean Peninsula there are even more Aegis Warships.
If tensions got worse, im sure we would be sending a THAAD battery or two over to S. Korea. Infact, I'm sure they are already on there way, or are already there...
As far as CONUS, we have GBI (Ground Based Interceptors) at Fort Greely, AK and also at Vandenberg AFB In Cali. GBI attempts to intercept the missile in space and thats are first line of defense besides taking the ICBM out beforehand on the launch pad/underground in storage. THAAD and Aegis attempt to intercept as its coming into earth and the Patriot Pac 3 system attempts a intercept as a last ditch effort seconds before impact.

Patriot Pac 3, Aegis SM-2/SM-3 and THAAD have proven to be reliable and all have a very high success rate at intercepting ballistic missiles. Dealing with a few ICBM's is what are nations ABM system was built around. Dealing with a full on nuclear war it is not. Russia and the U.S both have nukes with MIRV (Multiple Independtly Targetable Reentry Vehicles): It can have up to 12 separate warheads in the 100-300 kiloton range, chaffs and decoy balloons that mimic a warhead.

If N. Korea launched a nuke, theyd be sent back to the stone age. Besides Iran, they are the only ones dumb enough to try it.

#828483 - 03/12/13 07:11 PM Re: The North [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
I smell the Gulf of Tonkin.

DoD has recently realigned I Corps' mission from ME support to SE Asia defense.
Taxes were cut during the last two wars, which contributed to massive deficit.
The US needs revenue, but can't convince Congress to provide it.
Wars are historically great revenue generators (justification).
If NK attacks the ROK, we will come to their aid.
Revenue justification.

How's that for a conspiricy theory? wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1122 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |