Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83903 - 12/20/99 03:21 PM Sky -- High Bridge Drift
Sinktip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell, WA
I have been thinking about trying the High Bridge to Sultan drift on the Sky but wanted to get a heads up on any surprises. I am adequate on the oars but not expert. Is this drift anything to be concerned about? Any hotspots, sweepers, etc.? Also, I will be fishing it with the long rod and flies. Is there good fly water in this stretch as opposed to Sultan to Ben Howard which I know well? Thanks for the input. Just figured it was time to learn some new water.

#83904 - 12/20/99 05:26 PM Re: Sky -- High Bridge Drift
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
It is not too bad, comparison to Penninsula rivers, but off the bat at the put in just keep it in the v's=first corner, then around the bend is another "tricky" spot it is obvious where not to go as a few boats have found out. Down river there is a logjam that has one wicked back eddie at least at a flow of 9 or above.

#83905 - 12/20/99 08:45 PM Re: Sky -- High Bridge Drift
Doogen Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Bothell, WA
I just rowed it about 3 weeks ago for the first time (only been rowing since September). The river was at 6500cfs. The first part was easy stay in the v's fun roller coaster ride. I am not familiar with the next tricky spot Coho was referring to (water may have been to high) Coho can you elaborate. It was a piece of cake until i got to the the logjam thats about a mile up from the wallace. Had to stop and think about that one for a bit. The water pushes up onto the log jam then back down which forms a big whirlpool that wants to push you above the logs again if you can't get out of it. I just let the water push me to about 4 feet from the logs where the current was downstream again and got on the oars pointed the bow downstream and broke out of the whirlpool. Will be interesting to see if the eddie is still their after the flood conditions we just had.

Coho do you know if running plugs up their for steelhead is legal after Dec 31st. The regs say no fishing from floating devices, but I have had people tell me it was legal.

#83906 - 12/21/99 02:56 AM Re: Sky -- High Bridge Drift
Skydrifter1 Offline
Alevin

Loc: Lynnwood,Wa.98036
If you have never done that float before you may want to wait and talk to a few people at the take out in Sultan .With this last high water it may have changed alot .

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Don Wakefield, donwakefield, Monaghan, wntrrn
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1082 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |