THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#838108 - 05/09/13 11:04 PM The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH...
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

began yesterday at ALUMAWELD central.

Like most worthy projects, this one will be built from the ground up.

Box girders, a second cross member, and the transom plate were added today....

5/13/13...
Per Moravec's request..... she's got sides!

5/16/13...
And today they added the coaming gunwale...

And the extended foredeck with fishbox and beaucoup storage...

Future home for the quiver of spare rods...

And the electronics hub....

5/20/13...
Okey dokey, here's a few more...

With the hull structurally complete, attention has turned to the functional and utilitarian details within. No shortage of storage in this beast... and that's not even counting all the underseat storage for each passenger's personal items.

Each side will be outfitted with full length tri-level shelves.... level one being fully enclosed top-loading rod lockers, and levels two and three expansive open trays for easy access of everyday goods and gear. No excuses for stepping on precious baits, boys! A cavernous fish box will house insulated kill bag(s) to keep the day's catch fresh on ice. An adjacent deep compartment will store larger bulky items.

Generous self draining guttered cutouts for the rod-locker door on the port side gunwale...

matches the one on the starboard side...

And finally.... a close up of the secure main electronics cabinet taking shape next to the tri-level shelving.

Boggles the mind that this much aluminum is actually gonna float!

5/23/13...
OK... more pics rolling in from the factory. The AW boys have been on a relentless tear... the first sheet of aluminum was cut on May 8, and only 15 days later, it looks something like this....

The full coaming gunnel is wide enough to serve dinner from. Top-loading rod lockers are done.... 11 ft doors cover 13 ft lockers. I see my 45 gallon fuel tank installed under a lattice of crossbeams for my DP floor. Custom transom cabinets are coming together, including a centrally located hot water sink.... AKA the "kitchen" as my past crew will attest. Note the inside railing which will be the backbone of the fully adjustable slider-mounted custom accessories I plan to install along the entire length and back of the boat. No drill holes allowed! I just realized all the potential hanging space this creates for towels, spare lures/leaders taken out of rotation, or whatever else.

Now ain't that SOME dance floor?

And another shot of the massive sealed storage space under the 5.5 ft long elevated step-deck. Room for the days catch, a bank of batteries, accessory washdown, and stowage of miscellaneous bulky items. All living under the equivalent of a full-sized bed for mid-day siestas. Nice closeup of the rail system, too.

5/28/13...
Alumaweld Central rolled the beast outta the cave today, and WOW!

Guide transom/shelf/sink is complete. Latches are installed on the rod-lockers.

That diamond plate trim is sure SHINY!

Here you get a better idea on the full length of the rod lockers. I've been told these are the longest ones ever built for an AW sled. Got twin drain holes for my transom shelf ( last boat only had one on the port side) and twin exit ports for dual automatic bilge pumps for when I eventually take that unanticipated megawave over the bow.

And finally a full frontal view.... well not quite.... gotta cover up that extra 3 feet for modesty, ya know.

Ain't that DP bowguard pretty? Now if i can just figure out how to hook that funny looking Ornamental trailer up to my truck. Maybe the Subaru?

5/30/13
Outside paint applied today.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#838111 - 05/09/13 11:25 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
jason m Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: pierce county, WA
prolly should have em add on a couple more feet before they get too much further... you know you're going to want it.

Seriously, cool to see your boat come together step by step, must be exciting. What are the specs?

#838116 - 05/09/13 11:42 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: jason m]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#838117 - 05/09/13 11:48 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Todd]
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Todd, I can't wait to fish it , when its done wink

Steve

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#838118 - 05/09/13 11:48 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Todd]
Ale Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
Nice

God it feels good to be Kangster.

#838121 - 05/10/13 12:17 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Ale]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
This is gonna be a fun pictorial I would just bet. A day by day adventure for us watchers.

fp

#838122 - 05/10/13 12:22 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: fp]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
Lookin' good! But if I were you I would spring for some sides LOL!!!! I'm excited to follow this, and definitely can't wait to see a few pics of it in action smile

#838129 - 05/10/13 01:19 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Moravec]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
That doesnt seem wide enough to fit 6 rods off the back??

#838130 - 05/10/13 01:19 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
Congrats, glad/interesting that you're staying in the Alumaweld club! Mine's from 1981 and still going strong.

Best,

#838134 - 05/10/13 01:33 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Sky-Guy]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
That doesnt seem wide enough to fit 6 rods off the back??

You know, I got this new conceptual spread in mind for fishing 9 rods tangle free outta that beast.... 6 dredgers and 3 suspended/surface. The tough part will be getting folks to rotate rod positions because I know none of my regulars will want to fish anywhere but the bottom.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#838135 - 05/10/13 02:10 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
Ale Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
Do you guys run copper/lead core out there?

God it feels good to be Kangster.

#838136 - 05/10/13 03:02 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: jason m]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: jason m

Seriously, cool to see your boat come together step by step, must be exciting. What are the specs?

Super Vee Pro Elite (SVPE) 25 ft, 10 degree V. Basically the same sled I had in width and side height, only with a 3 foot erection in the bow.... OK, maybe a "few" extra bells and whistles. Those will be revealed as she comes together.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#838137 - 05/10/13 05:41 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
nice Doc! what will you power her with? Brand new 250 E-tec with power steering?

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#838138 - 05/10/13 06:08 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: steeliedrew]
oregonarcher Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Nice, gonna be sweet

#838157 - 05/10/13 11:02 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Interesting to see a boat come together. Lots of us own one but have never ordered one as specific or been able to view a complete build on one.

This will be interesting to watch.

As for the nine rods out back I hear that your "enthusiasm" while the fish are biting is legendary!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#838165 - 05/10/13 12:48 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
tcman Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: kenai alaska
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
[quote=jason m]

with a 3 foot erection in the bow....

I thought you fished near the transom???? Actually, you're much taller than 3 feet.

#838166 - 05/10/13 12:55 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: tcman]
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
Very cool, Doc!

#838177 - 05/10/13 02:43 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Kev]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
I love the pic's.......on my custom made boat, pic's were not as often as I would've liked.

Those box beams on either side are massive........wow....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#838182 - 05/10/13 03:24 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: DrifterWA]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

Those box beams on either side are massive........wow....

Built like a tank....

The way I move thru rough water, I can't settle for anything less... just ask f4b's kidneys. wink

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#838183 - 05/10/13 03:42 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
what kidneys?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, 1 invisible), 1184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |