Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 36 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#881775 - 01/22/14 10:35 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Looking ahead..the more I visualize this game..the more I see the Seahawks dominating the Broncos. I see Peyton starting off hot to good..and waning fast.. Seattle's O is steady with some big plays and takes the lead..and the D suffocates Denver the rest of the game.

#881777 - 01/22/14 10:51 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: ParaLeaks]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
The more I read and hear about this, the more I like Sherman.

Better hope the ref's agree with you.
Sherm has to go all in.....and cleanly....or he is likely going to be the undoing of the Smoke a Bowl with a SeaHawk game.

Good point Slab. Drawing attention, can surely be a double edged sword.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#881779 - 01/22/14 11:22 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Looking ahead..the more I visualize this game..the more I see the Seahawks dominating the Broncos. I see Peyton starting off hot to good..and waning fast.. Seattle's O is steady with some big plays and takes the lead..and the D suffocates Denver the rest of the game.

Manning plays awful in cold weather too, and Von Miller is out for for season...that's like Houston not having JJ Watt playing. Defense wins Championships 12's !!!!!! This will be the first of several in the next 2-7 years.

- Albert Einstein.

#881781 - 01/22/14 11:27 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: Sky-Guy]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy

1. Can Seattle move Peyton off of his spot ?
The NE game showed what happens if you can't.
Even a great pass defense cannot hold up when this guy is protected.

2. Can Seattle play possession football getting Lynch and the short passing game going ?
Keeping Peyton on the pine will be a good thing.

I think those two elements decide the game, with item 1 being the most important.

#881782 - 01/22/14 11:42 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: Big_Daddy
Originally Posted By: JTD

I still don't get it.

Why lock a football thread when we are headed to the Super Bowl?

Numerous requests? I bet I could name each of the culprits.

lame

I probably didn't word that correctly.

Just to clarify, no one was "bitching" or whining about it....

The sentiment was simply that the Seahawks vs the 49er's story is done for this season.

So now you sandy mods are gonna dictate what does and does not get discussed here anymore eh?

Then we can expect to not read about humpy fishing until humpy season ... correct?

No tuna talk ... tol they arrive?

j f c .........ifish got nothing on this sh!t.

I suggest you hold a moderator flush ... in deep water so it all flows out wink

Thank me later.

What should we expect from progressives? Didn't you know that their mantra is, "What the rules are do not matter as long as they are mandatory."?

#881783 - 01/22/14 11:58 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: blackmouth]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Keep your political commentary off the football thread you fuckin' donkey.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#881786 - 01/23/14 12:10 AM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: Dan S.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Do you really think this Guy will not get this done? The maturity level of this kid is uncanny.Russell Wilson Presser.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/vi...24-c82a8306aaf2

- Albert Einstein.

#881796 - 01/23/14 12:22 AM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: blackmouth]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Super Bowls rarely play out as expected. On paper, this is a very intriguing, tight matchup. If it goes per usual, however, only one team will show true to form. It's hard to imagine leaders like Wilson and Manning allowing that to happen, but this game has a way of bringing out the best and worst things we've never seen from either team.

If that doesn't happen, and both teams do what they've done all year, the biggest factor, in my opinion, will be the Seahawks pass rush (or lack thereof). If you give Manning time to process what's going on after the snap (takes 3 or 4 seconds, tops), you're going to get hurt somewhere. If the LOB can cover well enough to take away the first couple reads on most plays, that should give the pass rush time to get to him and keep him off rhythm. If he's getting 5 seconds in the pocket more often than not, he'll be tough to beat. He's just SO good at exploiting the weak spot in a defense.

Even if Manning has a lot of success, the Hawks SHOULD be able to make enough plays on offense to keep pace, especially if Harvin plays a significant number of downs. His presence causes problems for defenses, even when the play doesn't involve him. He's too dangerous to ignore, and that opens things up for everyone else. We've also kind of forgotten about Russell Wilson over the past few weeks. The conservative play-calling has been designed to prevent making costly mistakes against defenses that likely wouldn't allow multi-score comebacks. I don't think the Broncos have that caliber of defense, and it seems to me they would do well to be on alert for a heavier dose of zone read plays and play action passes than we've seen so far in the playoffs. After the linebackers are thoroughly confused and out of sorts, unleash The Beast!

I sure hope this isn't one of those Super Bowls where one team forgets to show up (unless, of course, that team is Denver).

GO HAWKS!!!

#881799 - 01/23/14 12:41 AM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: blackmouth]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Did you all just make Big_Daddy nuke his own account? What's up with that? Not like I pay attention to you morons here, but.....

Cooooool.

As for me abusing my powers?

SUCK IT!

Don't like it? Whine like little Nancy Girls here on the Darkside.

Oh wait, you all are already doing that.

Carry on. Pussies.

wink

GO SEAHAWKS!

#881809 - 01/23/14 01:23 AM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Has Russell missed any games in his two years? rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#881812 - 01/23/14 02:15 AM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

And you know Seattle is the better team....and it ain't even close. thumbs

- Albert Einstein.

#881815 - 01/23/14 08:40 AM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: Sol Duc]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Weather.

Peyton throws a sloppy, fluttering ball often.
If it's windy, Russel's tighter spiral should have the advantage and if Lynch can get going.....

A windy NJ day should be good for the Hawks.

#881841 - 01/23/14 12:49 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
When Wilson starts wearing a glove or gloves, he just might be more reliable....can't believe he thinks his fingers grab tighter without.

and as far as Parker?
WGAF?
Keep YOUR crap off this thread, Puker.

#881900 - 01/23/14 05:23 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: Dan S.]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

So now you want to be the boss-o-me, sorry I missed your coronation Princess, but now that you believe that you are the Queen O-the-board I may have to pay you a little respect...., or not.

#881909 - 01/23/14 05:41 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: ParaLeaks]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

When Wilson starts wearing a glove or gloves, he just might be more reliable....can't believe he thinks his fingers grab tighter without.

and as far as Parker?
WGAF?

He might be more reliable? Dood, you know how many records he's set his first two years playing QB in the NFL? Like more wins than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

- Albert Einstein.

#881932 - 01/23/14 08:06 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: Sol Duc]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc

and as far as Parker?
WGAF?

He might be more reliable? Dood, you know how many records he's set his first two years playing QB in the NFL? Like more wins than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

in think having wilson's nuts in your mouth has "clouded" your vision...

yes he is a very agile quarterback that has made many great plays. he has also scrambled his way to some really nice wins... but you cannot attribute all of those wins to him... many of them belong to the LOB!

#881934 - 01/23/14 08:10 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Ok, pooper. grin

- Albert Einstein.

#881957 - 01/23/14 09:32 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

"If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. This is the Buddy Ryan Eagles/'85 Bears reincarnated in an age that style of football has no business dominating in. They beat their chests like pro wrestlers, they fill the bulletin board on weekly basis and they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays.

If you don't like the Seahawks, go play fantasy football...with your wife. " rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#881973 - 01/23/14 11:10 PM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: blackmouth]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Rev. blackmouth
Originally Posted By: Dan S.

So now you want to be the boss-o-me, sorry I missed your coronation Princess, but now that you believe that you are the Queen O-the-board I may have to pay you a little respect...., or not.

Fine.

Talk politics on the football thread, you drippy old c.unt.

slabby is giving Wilson football advice? lol

And who the fu.ck is slabby to give an NFL qb advice on how to handle a football?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Two words - phone pole.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#881991 - 01/24/14 02:05 AM Re: Bronco's Hawk Smack Talk. [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
Super Bowls rarely play out as expected. On paper, this is a very intriguing, tight matchup. If it goes per usual, however, only one team will show true to form.

Was just having that same conversation at work today. My point was who knew that the 2000 NYG, specifically Tiki Barber and Ron Dayne, would be so completely shut down. Meanwhile, statically poor Trent Dilfer was at best mediocre in the Raven's rout, but relied on their own version of "beast mode" Jamal Lewis. The Giant's running game that year was similarly devastating (not record setting) to opponents that year as Denver's passing is this year. That all changed in the game that was for the big marble.

Fanatics aside, I'm feeling better about playing Denver in the cold at a neutral site than the (week leading up to) healthy, hot, and motivated 9ers that the hawks played last week. Especially liking the special teams advantage the hawks have over the donks. The super bowl was quite possibly last week.

Page 5 of 36 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |