Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#901103 - 07/23/14 04:26 PM Eyefish sight
gregsalmon Offline
Spawner

Loc: alaska and washington
At Westport. As usual the Gradys and Bayliners were tying up to the dock at the launch. Here comes eyefish, dumps his truck driver off and orbits. Nice job. He asked me where my rodholders were so I held up my hands.

Fishing was on fire....

#901106 - 07/23/14 04:29 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: gregsalmon]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

One thing I've learned over the years.

Bad things happen when tied to the ramp dock for too long... too busy/congested.

I just like to limit my exposure.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#901111 - 07/23/14 04:42 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: gregsalmon]
movesfast Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: oregon
Originally Posted By: gregsalmon
At Westport. As usual the Gradys and Bayliners were tying up to the dock at the launch. Here comes eyefish, dumps his truck driver off and orbits. Nice job. He asked me where my rodholders were so I held up my hands.

Fishing was on fire....

Organic Folbe rofl

#901113 - 07/23/14 04:58 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: gregsalmon]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: gregsalmon
At Westport. As usual the Gradys and Bayliners were tying up to the dock at the launch. Here comes eyefish, dumps his truck driver off and orbits. Nice job.

Three guys cut in front of the line to retrieve while I was waiting in line that day. The first one asks me "which position is your boat on the dock, mine's right in front" as he frantically walks from truck to truck. I told him it doesn't work that way, whoever gets trailer down first is next in line. he cuts anyway. No sense arguing with dumb. Pretty sure I saw sheriff with ticket book out at his rig after he pulled out.

Next guy doesn't ask, just cuts. Sherriff around, not worth possible altercation.

Third guy swings around to cut in line, I went over and politely told him he's cutting and that's not how it's done, he says ok, I'll go to the back of the line. Nice guy. I told him, no, go ahead now that you're there.

#901118 - 07/23/14 05:23 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: fish4brains]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Common sense just goes down the $hitter at launches during salmon season.

In my own conversations over the years as I wait in line, it's apparent too that it's not always a common sense thing……some guys really don't know the etiquette. Kinda puzzles me in this day and age that launch landowners, whether it be WDFW or other, aren't required to post a rather large sign stating "The Rules of the Ramp". It could save a lot of grief, stress and embarrassment if such a sign was in plain view, for all to see.

#901121 - 07/23/14 05:41 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: Eric]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

It ain't exactly rocket science.

The trailer that shows up first, loads first.

f4b and I have it down to where I'm positioning for the final approach as he's backing the trailer down the ramp. At the point of contact with the bunks, I'm still going forward as he's still going backward.

Touch the bowstop, hook up the strap, take a crank or two, attach the safety chain, and away we go... quicker than it took to type it.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#901122 - 07/23/14 05:47 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: Eric]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Saturday was a total $hit show pulling out of WP ramp......you guy's should have been there 5 minutes earlier and it would had been worse. Nice seeing ya the dock.......to busy to chat though. The other thing that was horrible is when they pulled there boats out they didn't pull forward enough to let the other guys swing around @ the ramp why'll tying down. Total cracker weekend @ the launch..........It felt like opening day of sockeye @ Gene Coulon park.......Good luck,

SZ

#901123 - 07/23/14 05:49 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
I like it when the ramp's are wide enough to back down the middle not needing a dock................All others just look @ ya like.....U can't do that you don't have a dock next to ya...............Doh.................Good luck,

SZ

#901129 - 07/23/14 06:24 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Curt T Offline
Alevin

Loc: Medford, OR
man seems like a cluster!

www.moriston.com

#901130 - 07/23/14 06:34 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Swifty27 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA
Originally Posted By: STRIKE ZONE
I like it when the ramp's are wide enough to back down the middle not needing a dock................All others just look @ ya like.....U can't do that you don't have a dock next to ya...............Doh.................Good luck,

SZ

Those must be the same guys that drive over to Vernita and take 15 minutes to figure out what to on a gravel launch.

#901181 - 07/23/14 10:25 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: eyeFISH]
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
It ain't exactly rocket science.

Once in a while there's even someone on the beach you can just toss your truck keys to. Almost like a valet service. wink

#901200 - 07/23/14 11:15 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett

SZ

About 10 years ago we were loading my sled at the Everett Ramp. The lanes are plenty wide for 3 boats to launch or retrieve as long as the center guy doesn't need a dock.

I'm pulling up in the boat as my brother backs down the center of the lane. Dumbass that needs a dockspot gets out of his truck and starts yelling at my brother about sleds,guys that own sleds,etc. My brother is 6'6" and goes about 300,he steps out of the truck and asks dumbass what the issue is.

Dumbass takes one look at my brother, turns around,gets back in his truck and doesn't make another peep...lol

#901215 - 07/24/14 12:53 AM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: SundayMoney]
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Funny how there is almost never anyone at the dock when I get in ! What am I doing wrong? wink

Ng

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#901224 - 07/24/14 11:24 AM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: SundayMoney]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: SundayMoney

SZ

About 10 years ago we were loading my sled at the Everett Ramp. The lanes are plenty wide for 3 boats to launch or retrieve as long as the center guy doesn't need a dock.

I'm pulling up in the boat as my brother backs down the center of the lane. Dumbass that needs a dockspot gets out of his truck and starts yelling at my brother about sleds,guys that own sleds,etc. My brother is 6'6" and goes about 300,he steps out of the truck and asks dumbass what the issue is.

Dumbass takes one look at my brother, turns around,gets back in his truck and doesn't make another peep...lol

Same thing happened to my bro at Willow Grove on the Columbia. He was backing down the middle and some dum-fuk called him out on cutting the line.

REALLY?

It got a little heated when he made some derogatory remarks about brown-skinned gooks.

JAY EFF SEE.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#901235 - 07/24/14 01:58 PM Re: Eyefish sight [Re: FishNg1]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
Originally Posted By: FishNg1
Funny how there is almost never anyone at the dock when I get in ! What am I doing wrong? wink

Ng

beer Just have to quit burning the midnight oil...... wink

Edited by N W Panhandler (07/24/14 01:59 PM)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645369 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |