Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#920319 - 01/25/15 09:35 PM Random inquiries
milkBottleMikey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Spawn Ranch
Greetings, seems a little slow around her so:

Late last summer a friend brought a pack of blue label frozen herring out on a trip and one of the herring was actually a small like-sized salmon. Weird. Every happened to anyone else?

Another guy I took out carped about using barbless hooks after he lost one, he had his own pole and wanted to use barbed hooks but I am pretty sure the boat owner will also get pinched for passengers' illegal activity, no?

I've also heard you can get fined for having a trailer hitch attached when not hauling anything? True?

L8er

#920325 - 01/25/15 10:15 PM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Lots of juvenile salmon end up in the purse with each set deployed by the local seine boat. That somebody couldn't tell the difference is pretty sad.... or maybe just a sick sense of humor packing that smelt into your tray of bait.

Run a barbed hook in my boat, and you won't be invited back. He who deploys said barbed hook is the one getting the ticket. The captain is there to operate the vessel.

Don't know if it's legal either, but I run with my hitch empty A LOT. It basically hasn't come off the truck in the past 10 seasons, and haven't been pinched..... yet.

And yes... AGREED... pretty dead on this board as of late. Where's BigStick when you need him?

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#920340 - 01/26/15 10:01 AM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
No way in hell am I taking my hitch out of the receiver each time after using the boat.

LOL!

Edited by GodLovesUgly (01/26/15 10:01 AM)
I want to be a fisherman.

#920344 - 01/26/15 11:28 AM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
steelhead59 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
My hitch is always in the receiver of both of my tow vehicles. I have had two different people rear end me in both of my rigs and I sustained no damage. Can"t say that for those who rear ended me though.

#920346 - 01/26/15 11:32 AM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
My hitch is semi-permanently attached to my receiver.

This may sound a big obvious...but locking your trailer ball to your hitch isn't going to keep your boat/trailer from being stolen if they can just pull the pin out of your receiver, slip the hitch into their rig, and put the pin right back in...and then drive away.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#920347 - 01/26/15 11:34 AM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
TanTastic84 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA
I know I take my hitch off after I smash my shin into the bastard enough times.

Feels sooooo good! Mmmmm.

#920361 - 01/26/15 01:27 PM Re: Random inquiries [Re: steelhead59]
milkBottleMikey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Spawn Ranch
That's what I heard the trailer hitch thing was about- excessive insurance cost when someone rear-ends the hitch.

#920363 - 01/26/15 01:30 PM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Been running my hitch in the receiver for years and have never been told otherwise................Yes I've hit my leg's on the SOB a few times......it's all good.Good luck,

SZ

#920386 - 01/26/15 04:07 PM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Quote:
I've also heard you can get fined for having a trailer hitch attached when not hauling anything? True?

If you have a Ball on your bumper blocking the view of your lic plate you can be ticketed, said the stater while writing Drake up for using a car pool only exit. Never herd anything about one in a receiver hitch below your plate.

#920387 - 01/26/15 04:15 PM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Obscured plate citation. Choppy but it's legit. 124 bucks

#920394 - 01/26/15 04:50 PM Re: Random inquiries [Re: milkBottleMikey]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Always leave mine in as collision insurance as stated - works well! Wife has cussed me out for having it there a number of times. Actually hid around the corner of the house one day when she walked into it - I didn't want to walk into the verbal bandsaw. Hope she learns cause she's got great legs that don't need bruises on them.

Never heard about there being any regulations against it. Have no sympathy for insurance companies - you rear end my hitch it's not my problem - saved my insurance company from paying out on an uninsured motorist claim and saved me the hassle of dealing with it.

#920415 - 01/26/15 06:35 PM Re: Random inquiries [Re: OceanSun]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
A woman impaled her small foreign car on my trailer hitch. When I got out of my truck, I was annoyed. When I realized all the plastic debris, broken turn signal lenses and bent up bumper was hers, my mood improved instantly. She apologized profusely as she got out of her car, but turned silent when she saw the damage to her car's front end. It was rush hour; we were holding up traffic. I told her my truck was undamaged and left. Always wondered how she explained the considerable damage to her car to her spouse, or her insurance company. Imagine it went something like this, "I was shopping in Freddies. When I came out, some inconsiderate jerk had backed into me and left. Didn't even leave a note. Can you believe..."

Think I'll leave that hitch on a bit longer.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |