Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#921600 - 02/03/15 06:37 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Sen. Blake from the Aberdeen area is very pro commercial fishermen, which is weird when one considers there are barely more than 2 dozen gillnet licenses for Grays Harbor and who knows how many thousand sport fishermen. For Blake to be so deep into the commercial pocket, there has to be more to the story.

#921613 - 02/03/15 07:12 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
fishbadger Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
I sent my comment in. I'll contact my rep's too. If this is going to get fixed, it has to start somewhere.

fb

#921618 - 02/03/15 07:30 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: slabhunter]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: slabhunter
Be sure to call the legislative hotline, 800.562-6000 to support the bill. Ask your legislators to contact Brian.Blake@leg.wa.gov to have a hearing on HB1660.

+100

Rep. Brian Blake (D-Aberdeen) 19th legislative district, Chair of the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee, would be on the top of my list to be replaced at election time if HB 1660 is ignored/stalled by him as it now appears.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#921683 - 02/04/15 09:00 AM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: Lucky Louie]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Used the link provided by the OP to send comments to my Reps. One of them, Chris Reykdal, is a sponsor of HB1660. Seven of the thirteen listed sponsors are Republicans; six are Democrats. Good to see bipartisan backing for this bill. Keep the pressure on Brian Blake to move this legislation along.

#921796 - 02/04/15 08:58 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: Lucky Louie]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie
Originally Posted By: slabhunter
Be sure to call the legislative hotline, 800.562-6000 to support the bill. Ask your legislators to contact Brian.Blake@leg.wa.gov to have a hearing on HB1660.

+100

Rep. Brian Blake (D-Aberdeen) 19th legislative district, Chair of the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee, would be on the top of my list to be replaced at election time if HB 1660 is ignored/stalled by him as it now appears.

I contacted my Reps and asked them to keep this bill moving forward. Constituents of Blake need to go visit his office!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#921865 - 02/05/15 01:20 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
fishnbear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: A coastal river with fish
Talked with Brian Blake the other day, and asked him about house bill 1660, and he says hes opposed, to the bill said it was a mess. I've known him since high shcool. He never has a straight answer.. kinda flakey

#921866 - 02/05/15 01:20 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Salmo,

Blake also represents Pacific County, which includes Willapa Bay and from the mouth of the Columbia to Longview. Lots of commercial fishermen, as well as the packers and processors they sell their catch to.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#921868 - 02/05/15 01:34 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: fishnbear]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: fishnbear
Talked with Brian Blake the other day, and asked him about house bill 1660, and he says hes opposed, to the bill said it was a mess. I've known him since high shcool. He never has a straight answer.. kinda flakey

Blake is a commercial fishing industry guy...of course he opposes it.

The "mess" is that his guys lose on the economic questions...by a mile.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#921873 - 02/05/15 02:53 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Brian and I don't agree on everything, but he is actually a pretty decent guy.

#921874 - 02/05/15 02:55 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

He may be a decent guy, but he is no friend of sportsfishermen, sportfishing, or the sportfishing industry.

Since I am part of all three of those things...he is no friend of mine.

Fish on...

Todd

#921875 - 02/05/15 02:55 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: ]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Fish Prince

Looks like he is a cu.nt just like every single other person who claims to be or work for "the government."

"Every single peson who works for the "goverment" is a cu.nt? Hey assh**e, my wife works for the govt. , she spent a LOT of time fighting for 4 days in and 3 days out in Greys Harbor, way to go to alienate your allies.Dicks like you should be hung up by your balls! (If you actually had any!). To brand anyone who works for the "government" is a cu.nt is pretty fu*ked up, you must be a teabagger(in both meanings of the word!
And we both will get on legislators about this bill because we lobby for slamon run restoration AND fishermen's rights. Bob R

#921881 - 02/05/15 03:47 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

I love the subtle troll. Glad you are back.

I still carry a gun with the intent of using it against human beings, so that part hasn't changed.

#921888 - 02/05/15 04:04 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Pretty much nailed it. 'Murica!

#921897 - 02/05/15 04:30 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: ]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Fish Prince
Nobody who works for the government is an ally of mine, no matter how deluded they are. Until they quit their job and cease to be a member of the exploitative/parasitical class, they are no ally of mine.

Government is the only institution in society with a monopoly on violence and every use of government power is an implicit or explicit exercise of this violence. Anyone who would use violence to extract a profit from innocent people and especially multiple innocent people (aka society at large) is a robber by definition and in my opinion also a cu.nt. Every single person who works for the government is necessarily part and parcel of the exploitative class and are economic beneficiaries of state violence.

Government should never be used to solve non violent social problems and much less to redistribute economic benefits to certain people and industries. Blake himself receives funds from state sponsored violence and he is also robbing extra to redistribute to his friends in the commercial fishing industry, the seafood processing industry and tribes. He is taking money from the taxpaying public and also trying to take fish from us sports-fishermen.

So despite Dogfish's characterization. Blake, is not a decent person and can be fairly characterized as a cu.nt by any reasonable definition. Dogfish himself used to carry a gun on behalf of a inhuman government bureaucracy with the intent to use against other human beings, so his opinion on what is considered decent is obviously questionable. I for example consider it decent to live by the judeo-christian ethic of thou shall not kill and thou shall not steal.

Another teabagger who gets LOTS of perks for living in a country like ours and hates the system of govt. that we have. You should go live in another country if you are such a hater of our particular form of govt. Go to Iran, or North Korea, or anywhere else but here , we won't miss you.If our system didn't have validity why did the public outcry against gillnetters work in Greys Harbor? Oh, thats right . You didn't participate in proceedings. Yet you harvest fish? You talk a lot, but it's all bullsh**. Bob R P.S. After looking at your profile I can see was wasting my time even responding to a fuc**** troll like you, go to fishchan to get your laughs, I'm not amused by your mindless bullsh**

Edited by bob r (02/05/15 04:54 PM)

#921901 - 02/05/15 05:24 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Great opinion piece in todays Aberdeen Daily World pro 1660.

I'd post it here but can't find it anywhere on line.

I'm sure it had to run in other local papers in WA.

Anybody got a link?

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#921905 - 02/05/15 05:34 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Sent in my VoterVoice in support of HB 1660.

Unfortunately, the e-mail goes directly to Blake and Takko.... neither of which is likely to be sympathetic to this effort to recognize the importance and economic impact of recreational fishing.

We shall see....

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#921909 - 02/05/15 05:40 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

For those who don't have access to VoterVoice, feel free to email your respective State Representative(s)

If you have trouble composing your own talking points asking for their support, here's the text of the request on the V V webpage:

I urge you to support HB 1660, which has been introduced to prioritize and grow recreational fishing here in Washington. For decades WDFW's policies have constrained the economic and social benefits of recreational fishing, often in favor of non-tribal commercial fishing interests. At the same time, WDFW continues to ask the recreational fishing community to pay more for fishing licenses in order to backfill cuts in state funding.

WDFW is now asking for another $3 million in fishing license fee increases (HB 1563 and SB 5531), with over 75% of it coming from the recreational fishing community. Sport anglers support funding for our hatcheries and fisheries, but it is time to change how WDFW manages our fisheries.

We must recognize and enhance the economic, conservation, social and revenue benefits of recreational fishing and end subsidizing wasteful, non-selective commercial fisheries.

I hope you will support common sense reforms like HB 1660 as the legislation and WDFW's budget comes before you.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#921915 - 02/05/15 06:18 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: Dogfish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Salmo,

Blake also represents Pacific County, which includes Willapa Bay and from the mouth of the Columbia to Longview. Lots of commercial fishermen, as well as the packers and processors they sell their catch to.

Dogfish,

Even more sport fishers that he represents then. A "decent guy" Senator doesn't work or advocate the interests of the few against and at the expense of the many. Sure looks like Blake is pimping full bore for a few. Sport fishing interests aren't doing enough to line his pockets is the logical conclusion.

An interesting analysis about our state legislators over a decade ago was not surprised at the conclusion that their influence could be bought. The surprise was how cheaply that influence could be bought. The Legislature, like Congress, is the best government money can buy.

Sg

#921917 - 02/05/15 06:23 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

There's no doubt that there are lot more sportfishing voters in Blake's district than there are commercial fishers, packers, suppliers...but the commercial industry is lining his pockets, and the voters keep voting him in...so that is what you get.

There are a lot more voters who aren't sportfishers and don't work in the commercial fishing industry than both of those two combined, by far, I'm sure, too.

It's not like he's going to change his stripes. As long as he's there then those will be his guys, and he will be theirs.

Fish on...

Todd

#921929 - 02/05/15 08:06 PM Re: House Bill 1660 [Re: jspecc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

He is also stopping Bill 3759 with his influence. Give and take. One side doesn't win every battle.

I would suggest giving him a call sometime. He's pretty approachable and explains his reasons for the stances takes on certain bills. In some of my efforts I've been completely blown off by a number of legislators, while Blake, Hatfield, Sheldon and Hargrove have always been willing to talk.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (steely slammer, No More Ice Fishin, Carcassman, 1 invisible), 1168 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645373 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |