Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92343 - 06/02/00 07:14 PM kalama river cleanup up date
rvrtramp Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: longview
Kalamabama@sons,T Dodge and anyone else who wants to listen .ijust finished gleaning all the info on adopt a stream.there is a lot of work there,the easy way is the we started,no#1 we have to let the wdfw know were going to pick up trash,this protects us,no#2we let the local news know what we are doing, we want the exposure.no#3we try to get the local buisnesses involved.no#4keep account of trash(how much) and what it cost to dispose of .anyways we were on the right track i would like to see it continue. fishing has been good. FISH ON !!!!!!!!!!

#92344 - 06/04/00 01:33 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
T Dodge Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
rvrtramp,

Good to hear from you. I'm happy to help any time I'm in town. There's plenty of trash to be picked up, especially along the road and everywhere on the river below the canyon, as I'm sure you've seen lately.

As for fishing, my luck's been so-so. I managed to catch a salmon down below painted rock about two weeks after we did our trash thing. That was a kick. And I've managed a steelhead here and there up around the deadline, but nothing fresh.

Let me know what I can do with the river thing. See you on the river! T.

#92345 - 06/06/00 08:51 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
Good to hear from you. You know that I am in on the river clean up. I got my boat so we should do a clean up and a late or early drift. Let me know when you have time. Sorry that I have been out of touch for some time.
Keep The Rivers Clean!!!

------------------
dank

#92346 - 06/07/00 08:31 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
rvrtramp Offline
Juvenille at Sea

T Dodge, Kalamabama glad to here from you both , saturdays are usually good for me so if it can be arranged letrs get together and pick up some (i dont know betters )trash.lets give it a couple of weeks so that i can get a hold of the necessary people.the last time we picked up trash we could have gotten in a little trouble with wdfw .i will explain that when we meet again.T Dodge those photos you took of us with load we took out .is the best way to document our endeavors,would you be willing to take pics every time we go out ?.anyways we have some work ahead without being to involved with funding or government ,i think we really just want to say pick up after yourselves.anyone else out there interested get on this post and make a difference.Osprey it would be good to meet you ,Elmtree i see you have been fishing the Kalama lateley lets here from you. FISH ON !!!!!!!!!!!!

#92347 - 06/07/00 09:23 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: spanaway,wash, 98387us
YEAH RVRTRAMP, I WAS DOWN THERE OVER THE 3 DAU WEEKEND. lovely water, but i am not in the best of shape to try to climb down those banks in the canyon to retrieve the garbage. in fact i think someo of you guy's and gal's are a little nuts.
i know a lot of peolpe think steelheaders are nuts anyway, going out in the middle of winter to stand around or in freezing water to catch a slimie ole' fish, as my wife puts it.
but to climb doen with gear and then pack out whether it be a fish or a sack full, guys, gals i have the upmost reverence for you all.
yeah if i can make it i would like to help, down on the lower reaches where it is not to bad to climb around on the rocks. i down by the beginners hole. there were beer cans and bottles all around, just did not bring any baggies with me.

elmtree

e-mail, elm1@wa.freei.net

#92348 - 06/08/00 11:41 AM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I would love to help out my weekends are tied up for the next few weeks,I'm trying to put together a couple of week day trips right now then after my Mom goes back to Phoenix I'm all your's, can we try to get a float in before or after?

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

#92349 - 06/09/00 01:55 AM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Hi guys a few weekends from now will work out good for me.I have friends coming in to town for a while. I will be drifting the Kalama when I have time so let me know if you are coming down. I am always good for a clean up .....KEEP THE RIVERS CLEAN!!!

------------------
dank

#92350 - 06/13/00 03:42 AM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
Flygirl Offline
Alevin

Loc: Woodinville,WA USA
rvrtramp,

Hope I did not lead you into any trouble with the WDFW as far as cleaning up riverbanks. Please fill me in on any "trouble" such activities will get you into at <conservefish@netscape.net>. Seems to me, anyone who picks up the trash and crap left by uncaring people would be appreciated, but then I too often forget the beaurocracy we're steeped in! Maybe it has to do with the "publicity" part of it. Heaven forbid the (POORLY-FUNDED) WDFW gets blamed for not doing its part--GEEEEEZ, what do they expect cutting the WDFW budget down to stale peanuts and rat droppings?!!! Sorry for any inconvenience my enthusiasm incited, hope to hear from you soon about what the deal is. Regardless, I'll still be out there with my Hefty bags and truck picking up all the trash inconsiderate ingrates leave behind!

Flygirl

#92351 - 06/13/00 11:23 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
JTownley Offline
Parr

Loc: Olympia,WA, USA
I've been on the Kalama the last two weekends and picked up trash each time. It seems that the Beginners Hole and the Canyon are magnets for trashmongers. I'd be glad to help out if you post the day and time, although I think it's still worth it to take a plastic sack of garbage out each time you visit that beautiful jewel of a river, the Kalama. Elmtree, my buddy John was the "netless one" at the Beginners Hole you mentioned a while back. If we all help keep the litter off the river I hope it will discourage further littering---I wonder what are these people thinking?? (they probably don't).

#92352 - 06/15/00 03:28 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
T Dodge Offline
Returning Adult

Hello everybody,

I've been away for a while and just got back and reviewed the posts. I'd be glad to take care of the photographs any time we get together. Any dates to suggest? This weekend's no good for me. June 24 or 25 seems OK. The last two weekends in July look OK. August is a little foggy right now.

I got the pictures developed from our last effort. If you would like copies, let me know an address I could send them to.

From the reports I've read, it sounds like the fishing was pretty good on the Kalama last week while I was gone. Should continue to be good as the water starts to drop again. Trouble is, I'm having trouble getting down there for the next week or so. I'll probably miss it if it is hot right now. But I like to read about it, regardless.

Hope to hear from you. T.

#92353 - 06/16/00 02:42 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
rvrtramp Offline
Juvenille at Sea

hey good people i apologize for not keeping up ,i have been very busy this last week . the last couple of weekends in july sounds good to me lets say the 22nd its a saturday , and how about 9:00 pm at the begginers hole .i know there are a lot of places that are getting bad .we might even be able to break up into two groups ? depending on how many show up.JT it would be great if you could be there,elmtree,evry little bit helps,Kalamabama and T Dodge i am looking forward to seeing you both again.T Dodge.i didnt save your e-mail adrress my e-mail is arorozco@cet.net.drop me a line and i will give you my adress.flygirl you never misled us all the info you passed on is great.there just of course a procedure that the officials want us to follow and it is no problem thanks again and it is always good to hear from you. FISH ON !!!!!!!

#92354 - 06/16/00 03:42 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
T Dodge Offline
Returning Adult

I've blocked out July 22, at 9 a.m. and will be there, barring anything unforeseen. Hope as many show up as possible! T.

#92355 - 06/17/00 01:44 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Sounds good I will be there!!! Hope to see you on the river before that.
Keep The Rivers Clean!!!

#92356 - 06/17/00 06:27 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

july 22,
sound's like a fair time and a good spot to do some clean up.
i thought of bringing my wife for a nice day trip, but the more i think about it, may not be the best thing for everyone.
i mean she will love the area, just the beauty of the river, the newer homes are awesome, but she does not like anything to do with fish.

as long as i can get the boss to work i will be there.

hey anyone heading down from spanaway or tacoma, maybe be we can share a ride and split gas cost.

elmtree (woody)

[This message has been edited by elmtree (edited 06-17-2000).]

#92357 - 06/25/00 02:59 AM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

T Dodge And RVRTRAMP I have been driting the N Fork Lewis and hitting Steelhead. The kalama is to shallow to drift. If you guys have any time lets drift I will row. We can do a evening drift also. If we have 3-4hr's we can fish some good water. Let me know.
Keep The Rivers Clean !!!!!

#92358 - 07/18/00 12:26 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
T Dodge Offline
Returning Adult

Hello again everyone. I've been out of the state on business and vacation and just got back on Monday. I found my schedule had been sabotaged while I was away. I won't be able to make it Saturday, July 22 and I do apologize. I haven't even been down to the river since June 24. The summer fish were in the river strong then. I missed a fish, but saw a pant-load of them caught in the tackle grabber hole. How's your luck been?

Kalamabama, thanks for the invitation! I would love to float a river any time. The problem is getting time at the moment. After being pretty much a free agent from December to May, my time is being co-opted now in an agonizing fashion.

One again, I'm sorry about this Saturday. I know the river is trashy and really needs the attention. I will redouble my efforts to make the next clean-up. I look forward to catching up with you guys! T.

#92359 - 07/18/00 09:41 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Ok, when and where do we meet?
I have been talking to Osprey about this and we both have been wondering if and when.
Do we meet at the take out under the steel bridge or at Pritchards, tell us. When, what time, like you guys did before, around 9:00 am?
Time is getting short so let's here something real soon.
If iam in more trouble than i think, i may be down friday morning and just sleep over night in my S10 again.
Remember, iam old and fat and i do not do long hill climbs, i work bands and rocks ok.

elmtree (woody)

#92360 - 07/19/00 09:54 AM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Osprey, tried to e-mail this am, darn thing won't, no rc command, what ever in the h**l that is.
Do you want to meet an caravan down on Saturday, wife has decided to come along for the ride and scenery. She won't help, but she needs to get away from the daughter and grandkids.

e-mail me back and we can set up some plans.

elm1@wa.freei.net

elmtree (woody)

#92361 - 07/19/00 04:10 PM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

The date: July 22
The time: 9:00 am
The place: Beginners Hole Parking Lot
Hope this works out for you all. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Keep The Rivers Clean!!!

#92362 - 07/20/00 11:09 AM Re: kalama river cleanup up date
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Woody sorry this wekend does not work for me I already made plans, this time of year is very busy for me ,weekends are tuff.Achery Elk is right around the corner so preaseason scouting and the occasional King trip takes all my time....take care

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 586 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |