Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#930886 - 05/28/15 01:39 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Only people who were molested as a child attempt to bully others.

Just pointing out the obvious.

#930890 - 05/28/15 02:13 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: Dogfish]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
I know I'm an asshole. One of my better traits.

That wasn't aimed at you DF. thumbs

#930891 - 05/28/15 02:19 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Piper
Unregistered

I dont think you have to worry Nick... he took it as a compliment

wink

#930918 - 05/28/15 06:49 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Hank argues like a woman.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#930920 - 05/28/15 07:10 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
erikj Offline
Spawner

Keep it coming FP, but I get the feeling you and dogfish would get along better than you think. Peace.

#930924 - 05/28/15 07:23 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Cluck you are a prime candidate to be a cop because you shoot then aim. Your reading comp is right up there with hanks. Show me where I in any way defended the actions of the shop lifters?

#930925 - 05/28/15 07:27 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Anyway, getting back on topic. One of the robbery suspects was released to go home from the hospital. Charges will likely be filed after they finish their investigation. Any other robbery suspect would likely be jail now, awaiting their first court apearance.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#930944 - 05/29/15 07:41 AM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Now the Olympia Police department is begging for witnesses to come forward and make statements.

That tells me there ain't no video and it's two peoples story against one persons story.

The Olympia Police department has a problem on their hands.
Especially since one of the kids ain't talking and has time to collaborate his story with his brothers.

Bring on the folks that will say.......................Should of killed em when they had the chance.

What would inspector Kallihan have done?

#930945 - 05/29/15 07:45 AM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
One could argue that in the Olympia and Sea-Tac incidents, the police were under trained and the EMTs were over trained.

#930954 - 05/29/15 10:29 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Dogfish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Anyway, getting back on topic. One of the robbery suspects was released to go home from the hospital. Charges will likely be filed after they finish their investigation. Any other robbery suspect would likely be jail now, awaiting their first court apearance.

Yeah, I wondered why the kid is at home recovering when he should be under arrest for shoplifting and recovering in jail.

There was another protest downtown last night. Man, there's a lotta' dumfuks around here. If these two black lives mattered, they wouldn't have tried to steal the beer or assault the police officer. From what I saw in the Safeway video, those two black kids don't think their black lives matter. There, I wanted to be sure to accurately include the racial relevance.

#930955 - 05/29/15 10:30 AM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: CedarR]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: CedarR
One could argue that in the Olympia and Sea-Tac incidents, the police were under trained and the EMTs were over trained.

OK, I understand that actually isn't funny, but I did chuckle when I read it.

#930959 - 05/29/15 10:50 AM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
I'm failing to see how police could have handled either the situation any better without exposing themselves to a significantly higher risk of having either serious harm or possibly death inflicted. Salmo kind of summed up the general idea of how I feel regarding incidents such as these. If you consider Behavioral Analysis for one moment and apply he ABC model (Antecedent, Behavior, Consequence) handling these situations any differently simply would not make sense.

Antecedents are the motivating factors, thoughts, or feelings that drive decisions on choosing behavior. Consequences obviously are outcomes either good or bad that also reinforce decisions on selecting certain behaviors to have. I for one would not like to live in a society where people have the idea to get drunk, choose the behavior to go steal alcohol, and then once caught, choose the behavior to assault other people as a way of avoiding inevitably bad consequences. Should these bad consequences be avoided through assaulting police officers or resisting authority, what kind of a message does that send?

It seems like a lot of people must be okay with this because shifting the burden of responsibility away from the individual to make better choices and onto police to find other ways of handling these situations is how most people seem to feel. It does nothing but further reinforce negative behaviors and shift the risk of harm from the perpetrator onto other innocent bystanders or police who must adapt. Doesn't sound like a fair cross to carry as far as I'm concerned.

The ability of the average person to objectively analyze incidents of violence between citizens and law-enforcement is very concerning to me and where we are failing isn't necessarily with law enforcement every time because it isn't at the root of the problem. Where we are truly failing is with how criminal behavior is shaped to begin with. Poor guidance and parenting towards youngsters, or lack of available community/family supports play a large role in the development of juvenile delinquent behavior. Perhaps more funding for services centered on prevention could help? I simply just don't see how the small Band-Aid of police response can fix a gushing wound.

Matt

#930960 - 05/29/15 10:53 AM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

When they are charged, it will likely be under a robbery charge. Shoplifting and a few assault charges may be piled on as well. Why robbery? Force. Once the guy stealing the beer used force, throwing the case of beer at the loss prevention person, he earned his first felony of the night.

#930981 - 05/29/15 01:00 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

"The ability of the average person to objectively analyze incidents of violence between citizens and law-enforcement is very concerning to me and where we are failing isn't necessarily with law enforcement every time because it isn't at the root of the problem. Where we are truly failing is with how criminal behavior is shaped to begin with. Poor guidance and parenting towards youngsters, or lack of available community/family supports play a large role in the development of juvenile delinquent behavior."

Gotta go to my son's little league game.
Have a nice weekend.

#930997 - 05/29/15 02:02 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Judging such incidents from afar is prone to errors. But here goes.

In this case, I think the cop did what was necessary. He apparently was defending himself against two violent a-holes who were attacking him.

But I have had a change of heart about the Pasco incident from a few months ago. I don't think those Pasco cops should've shot the dirt clod thrower afterall.

Yeah, that didn't look like a good shoot to me from square one.
As soon as he turned to face his pursuers, they dropped him.
Sure seemed like they could have done that differently.

On the otherhand, we just had a goofball, 2 weeks out of jail for domestic abuse, rob the IQ Credit Union near the mall.
A bystander tried to stop him and got stabbed.
The bystander is in intensive care.
Too bad that one didn't get properly ventilated by a 9mm or maybe a .40 S&W right there on the spot.
Pine box and unmarked grave for him.

It's definitely a case-by-case deal but when you're the guy on the ground having to make the decision, I imagine it is tough.

#931003 - 05/29/15 02:43 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Judging such incidents from afar is prone to errors. But here goes.

In this case, I think the cop did what was necessary. He apparently was defending himself against two violent a-holes who were attacking him.

But I have had a change of heart about the Pasco incident from a few months ago. I don't think those Pasco cops should've shot the dirt clod thrower afterall.

But regardless of the case, there is one way to avoid such situations completely: Don't resist arrest! Take your dispute to court!

I even knew that when I was a kid for chrissakes.

What if you grew up in Ferguson Ms where it looks like there was a scheme in place to arrest, ticket and fine mostly poor black residents to fund the police and courts. Cops, judges everyone were in on the program. So from the time you were a child you were harassed by the cops at every turn . Just living where you lived made you a suspect. Could your world view be different? Would you be more likely to defend yourself with more vigor? Do you think growing up white in a relatively crime free and safe environment. Where mommy and daddy drove you to your baseball practice and the only time you ever incountered the police , if at all, was the occasional ticket and when they showed up and an accident , in any case they typically had the same world view and therefore more than likely to help you out. Do you think that may shape your world view? Can you
Imagine if the patriots had the same view of the Brittish? Freedom is a right you have an obligation to defend and pass down to the next generation. Abdicating that right even slightly is just as appalling to some as resisting the government is to you. You certainly have the right to surrender yourself to the system and take your chances. We know they always get it right. Go take out more than 10k from your bank To buy a car and end up on a govt. list. Show a gun to a friend on a city street and get treated like an active shooter until you are able to convince the police that you are harmlessly exercising a cnsititional right. Some say We are living in a police state now more so than almost anytime in history. They would say This message is in a govt database, just hope that you did not take the money out and show a freind a gun on a city street while typing this because they collect all that info for what reason?

Edited by Lee Groinman (05/29/15 02:44 PM)

#931004 - 05/29/15 05:11 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
erikj Offline
Spawner

Don't get bummed out. Pres. Hillary will bring the change you're looking for, just be patient. Good times ahead.

#931005 - 05/29/15 05:29 PM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Sorry. The people of Ferguson or elsewhere are not special and do not deserve a separate set of rules. There are rules and laws when you live in a community. Conform, somewhat, and you'll be fine. Act like a wild animal, attacking others, authorities, and have no regard for the rule of law, you'll likely win pretty stupid prizes, like a gunshot wound to the chest.

BTW, Olympia is a long fuckin way away from Missouri.

I made mistakes as a kid and cleaned up my act. I hope these young guys learn from their errors in judgement, but if they choose not to, screw 'em. This is their wake up call. Mom should treat it as such as well.

#931026 - 05/30/15 09:43 AM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

my friends brother, i want to say something to her, not mean, but ive got something telling me not to... so im not....

if it played out the way stated, he was warned more than once...

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20...ng-beach-police

#931027 - 05/30/15 11:07 AM Re: Damn Beer Drinkers [Re: Dogfish]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Sorry. The people of Ferguson or elsewhere are not special and do not deserve a separate set of rules. There are rules and laws when you live in a community. Conform, somewhat, and you'll be fine.

If agree that most of think this is the way it should work. Unfortunately, the official report seems to indicate that the residents of Ferguson WERE living under rules and practices that are far different than other communities. They were being systematically targeted for city revenue. If the citizens were somehow able to pull the same thing on the city, I suspect they'd be labeled as "Economic Terrorists". It's hard to believe that any of the Johnny Badasses around here would put up with that BS without verbal or violent pushback.

In many of these cases, there is a lot of potential chicken and egg arguments but there is a very clear pattern in societies that says you best keep ENOUGH of the population content and hopeful otherwise violent uprisings are the natural outcome. There are obviously pockets around the world, including the U.S., where the balance is too close to the line.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 328 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |