THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#932903 - 06/24/15 02:25 PM Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing!
Fishinnut Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe, Washington
Please take action now on this very important matter. Please click on this link now!!!!!

https://www.votervoice.net/PSA/campaigns/41601/respond

We are at the end of the 2015 legislative session. We have severe danger to our fisheries that are now on the table that arose Tuesday. The House Appropriations Committee approved a 2015-2017 operating budget that proposes to cut our funding for hatchery salmon production. The Committee also accepted an amendment from Representative Kristine Lytton (D-Anacortes) that wouldundermine the Willapa Bay salmon fishery reform policyrecently adopted by the Fish and Wildlife Commission. Please take just one minute click on the link above to send your state representatives telling them to reverse these bad policies. If you don't act now, our fisheries are going to be on an unrecoverable death spiral. THIS IS THAT IMPORTANT!

The House budget proposal would cut funding for the marking of hatchery salmon by over $400,000. Since state law requires that all hatchery salmon be marked, this will result in a direct cut to hatchery salmon production, including Chinook and Coho. Every previous version of the House and Senate budgets have included this funding, so there's a chance we can save this funding if we act now!
Join the Puget Sound Anglers Sno-King Chapter. Meets second Thursday of every month at the SCS Center, 220 Railroad Ave. Edmonds, WA 98020 at 6:30pm Two buildings south of the Edmonds Ferry on the beach.

#932904 - 06/24/15 02:32 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
Chasin' Baitman Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks for the notice, FN. It would be such a huge bummer if this went through. Emailed my reps.

#932905 - 06/24/15 02:40 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Chasin' Baitman]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
DONE!

#932906 - 06/24/15 02:54 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: fish4brains]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Sent... Here we go again. Blake is like a lobbyist from Hell. When does his legislative term end, so he can answer his true calling to serve the few?

#932937 - 06/24/15 08:20 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Done. Too bad Blake's little session tomorrow morning won't allow for public testimony!

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#932950 - 06/24/15 10:27 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Guess if your going to cut some funding for hatcheries you might as well cut the funding to clip the nonexistent smolts.

There's a sucker born every minute

#932956 - 06/24/15 11:12 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
they have to cut something to pay for their 11% raise

#932962 - 06/25/15 07:04 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
They are proposing shifting hatchery production over from the Nemah to the Naselle? Very limited bank access on the Nemah "ditch". Naselle has multiple boat launches and a lot more access.

I've fished the Nemah and many parts aren't accessible. Why fund a hatchery that is only running at 1/4 production?

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#932967 - 06/25/15 09:06 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Dogfish]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Because the Naselle cannot meet HSRG requirements on straying. The weir fails in high water events and is pulled around Oct 15th dependent on flows. The purpose of both the Nemah & Naselle hatcheries is primarily for the marine fisheries. Targeting harvest in river is not the purpose for any Willapa estuary hatchery but rather a secondary consideration.

#932968 - 06/25/15 09:21 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Wouldn't fish caught in the river and bay serve as more recreational opportunity if hatchery production was increased? I thought you guys were wanting additional opportunity. That was a big push of yours earlier in the year.

Also, there would probably be some efficiency gained at a single hatchery vs. having two. Savings in personnel costs could likely be realized by not having duplication of duties at two sites.

Additional production would help boost marine fisheries, wouldn't it?

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#932979 - 06/25/15 10:57 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Dogfish]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Ah a boost in hatchery production would do zip for the Recs. The freshwater catch is about equal to Rec marine at present but most fresh Rec comes from the Nemah fresh. The Sept 16 dead line for no nets benefits most in T&U. The Rec only had at best access to about 30% of the adults combined hatchery production prior to the new WMP as the Commercials cleaned out things in front of them. Add more to the pie the inriver and will not notice it. Marine Rec some depending where you fish. You need to turn loose of BB DG as he has went right off the deep end.

Edited by Rivrguy (06/25/15 10:59 AM)

#932980 - 06/25/15 11:00 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
You still have to get the hatchery fish out of the river to meet HSRG. Until the wild runs increase in size the hatchery production, especially where fisheries are non-selective (nets) must be reduced.

Saw an analysis of some lower Columbia Chinook programs. IF wild Chinook recovery was goal there were at least a few hatcheries that could release a couple thousand smolts as the wild run had been beaten so low.

#932981 - 06/25/15 11:18 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Notes sent.

What a piece of work BB is.... I admire his dedication to the cause, but it's a cause with which I can no longer sympathize, so....

This makes it official; he's gotten his last vote from this constituent, even if that means I have to vote for a (shiver) Republican.

#932985 - 06/25/15 11:29 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
FF02, I would believe it, maybe if I saw pictures of the ballot lol smile

#932990 - 06/25/15 11:41 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

LOL. Indeed, jgreen, it is very nearly as difficult for me to vote for Democrats. I only vote so nobody can throw me that BS line about how you can change a bad situation by changing your vote. I know I'll get the same screwing in the end.

#932991 - 06/25/15 11:45 AM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
If the budget isn't passed, they will screw us all. I'll still fish anyways. I got my permit, it's not my fault they can't do their jobs.

#932996 - 06/25/15 12:42 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach

#933015 - 06/25/15 04:16 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

emailed my reps and senator, but maybe too late. The nice thing about Blake is that he isn't trying to hide the fact that he's a scumbag.

#933032 - 06/25/15 07:00 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
If watching video.......1st part is interesting but boring....WDFW starts about 1:08:40,

If you haven't been to Willapa Bay meetings, this would be a good place to catch up on the reasons for the Willapa Bay Plan.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#933035 - 06/25/15 07:41 PM Re: Action Alert! Huge threat to recreational fishing! [Re: Fishinnut]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The TVW video between 34:20 and 37:30 discusses Coastal WA chinook ESU. The NOAA wonk states there is nothing on the radar re potential petitioning for ESA listing.

The ESU was last evaluated in 1998 when only 3 of the 11 chinook populations in the ESU were showing a down trend. In contrast, fast fwd to 2015 when ALL but 3 of those same populations are showing a distinct downtrend.

I suspect it's about to hit the radar pretty dam quick.

YO! Houston.... think we gotta problem?

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (_WW_, 1 invisible), 1057 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |