Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#936438 - 08/09/15 05:50 PM Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE
ripnlips247 Offline
Egg

So just a heads up for any of my fellow fishermen who are out on the Snohomish river system chasing salmonoids this season. I met officer Maurstad with WDFW at the Cady park launch this weekend very pleasant, and informative too. However the local police not so much. The officer gave me a warning for not having my lake boat a 14' aluminum boat with a 4 hp motor registered. He rudely informed me that he "has patrolled those waters for 12 years now and will be out ticketing any boat with a motor be it electric or gas on the river without their registration stickers on this salmon season" so beware. Apparently the Snohomish and all tributaries are federal waters or navigable waters up to the confluence. Its a 250$ fine, so put your stickers on

#936441 - 08/09/15 07:51 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
death to snaggers Offline
Eyed Egg

If you are going to be in "federal waters", which includes navigable waters (tidal influence) why wouldn't you have your boat registered? I have to agree with the officer. KNOW THE LAWS FOR WHERE YOU ARE FISHING, INCLUDING BOATING REGISTRATION LAWS!

#936442 - 08/09/15 08:17 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Here is the CG 13th District's consolidated list for those folks who may not be up to speed on this requirement:

http://www.uscg.mil/d13/docs/CG_Navigable_Waterways.pdf

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#936447 - 08/10/15 08:33 AM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
I am going to have to agree with the officer, bud.

Know the laws and follow them.... humpy season always brings out the best in our sport.

In my opinion you should have gotten the ticket.
I want to be a fisherman.

#936744 - 08/13/15 11:08 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: GodLovesUgly]
kalamageo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Oly
And that is a FINE first post.

NOT going to get any sympathy from me or this group........

#936747 - 08/13/15 11:45 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Death, Godlovesugly, kalamageo

Must be nice to be perfect. Here a guy is being nice, letting people know that he ran into a situation on the Snohomish and be aware. Then you 3 perfect buds rank on him. I doubt he had a problem with being informed. My guess it was the manner in which it happened.

Just curious. If you get caught speeding, do you say "my bad, please give me ticket I deserve it"? If you don't, you should. God knows your perfect. You know the law bud.

I found it interesting that it was a Snohomish Cop and not WDFW.

#936762 - 08/14/15 11:47 AM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
Eyed Egg

First, I don't speed. I'm that dickhead in the right lane going the speed limit. Second, if I did speed, I wouldn't come on the interwebz to bitch about it or warn others not to speed. Why? BECAUSE IT'S THE LAW AND I ALREADY KNOW NOT TO SPEED. Same case here... know your boating laws and don't bitch about it if you get caught breaking them.

I guess while we're at it:

Release wild Chinook
Use barbless hooks in the salt
Pay your taxes
Blah blah blah

Edited by death to snaggers (08/14/15 11:47 AM)

#936969 - 08/17/15 09:16 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: death to snaggers]
Swami Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Everett,Wa
I have taken my drift boat and electric motor on the Snohomish for years without any issues. thanks for the info.

#936988 - 08/17/15 10:27 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

also remember to wear your seatbelts even if you're in a parking lot. You're welcome buds.

#937163 - 08/19/15 01:58 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: Blu13]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Originally Posted By: Blu13

Just curious. If you get caught speeding, do you say "my bad, please give me ticket I deserve it"? If you don't, you should. God knows your perfect. You know the law bud.

For starters speeding doesn't have a goddamned thing to do with the topic at hand.

One thing I can tell you is when I drive my car I drive with a fvcking license plate on!

Dude was driving around completely unlicensed and was surprised to get stopped? Pa-lease.

My poignant opinion has nothing to do with my perfection (although I am, indeed, the perfect human being). Ignorant boaters endanger themselves and other by not knowing and following marine laws.

You sir, are a jackass.
I want to be a fisherman.

#937177 - 08/19/15 04:20 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

God

You sure assume a lot. How do you know the "dude" is a "dude" dude?

How do you know the person is an ignorant boater? Maybe they are a great boater "dude" who owns other boats that are legal everywhere but decided to take the 14 ft boat out on the big Snohomish. Do you know if the person went up the Quillayute they would need it registered but when they got to the Sol Duc they could peel the decals off and they would be legal. Of course when they came back down they would have to put them back on dude.

Point is, the person was being nice and letting people know. My guess is his post saved a few people from getting in trouble. Are you always this way or did you have a bad day?

#937181 - 08/19/15 04:55 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
Eyed Egg

I'm with God on this one. He (or she if we MUST be PC) is ignorant because they don't know the laws or don't give a [Bleeeeep!] enough to look them up. We've all heard it before, IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE! To your point, if I were to hit the Quill, then Duc, then Quill again, I WOULD LOOK UP THE APPLICABLE LAWS AND FOLLOW THEM!

#937184 - 08/19/15 05:33 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Best bring a welder along with those decals for the OP trip. Some laws aren't in the book.

#937185 - 08/19/15 05:35 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: ripnlips247
So just a heads up for any of my fellow fishermen who are out on the Snohomish river system chasing salmonoids this season. I met officer Maurstad with WDFW at the Cady park launch this weekend very pleasant, and informative too. However the local police not so much. The officer gave me a warning for not having my lake boat a 14' aluminum boat with a 4 hp motor registered. He rudely informed me that he "has patrolled those waters for 12 years now and will be out ticketing any boat with a motor be it electric or gas on the river without their registration stickers on this salmon season" so beware. Apparently the Snohomish and all tributaries are federal waters or navigable waters up to the confluence. Its a 250$ fine, so put your stickers on

Thanks for the heads up.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#937188 - 08/19/15 05:58 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
erikj Offline
Spawner

After income tax, property tax, vehicle tax, gas tax, fishing lic. tax., sales tax for anything you purchased to get on the water. Oh, boat tax. Don't forget to get your boater's card (small fee). You made it this far, go have fun. Ah poop, don't forget to set a little cash aside for fines. Have fun.

#937195 - 08/19/15 06:48 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Must be the hot weather making people bitchy.

its actually the humpies... they bring out the stupid

#937197 - 08/19/15 07:03 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

AP

I was wondering if anyone would catch the Sol Duc reference. It would be fun to sit there and watch someone in a 14 ft boat with a 4 hp motor try and make it up under the bridge at Linedeckers. Have a rope, and Life Ring ready.

#937198 - 08/19/15 07:22 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ripnlips247]
ripnlips247 Offline
Egg

HAHA this IS the finest first post ever!!! Didn't realize this would stir up the hornets nest as it has. Some of you intelligent people who actually took the time to read this noticed the first 5 words in what is a fine first post (thanks for that btw ). That and that alone was the sole reason for the post in the first place, to inform any fisherman or boater such as myself that may not have known this. Just to be clear there is not 1 single [Bleeeeep!] given about anyones negative opinions nor do i need any sympathy. My grandpa used to say, do you know where you can find sympathy>>>>> between [Bleeeeep!] and syphilis in the dictionary. Thank you for the link Larry B, very sportsmen like of you, and to everyone else that gets it.....cheers, and tight lines. Soooo Just to wrap this up 1 more time for anyone else that just cant seem to let this go, YES it is my fault for not knowing the rules 100% never denied that even to Barney Fife. Thanks to all of you who take the time you will never get back to post, I really think of this site as an informative site for like minded people----for the most part.

#937200 - 08/19/15 07:55 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: ]
erikj Offline
Spawner

Ain't the heat or the pinks. I gotta cut a 'nother check to the state. It always gets sand in my no no. Sorry for ranting but momma was sick of my whining and I was running out of places to vent. grin

#937376 - 08/22/15 09:22 PM Re: Snohomish system BOATERS BEWARE [Re: Blu13]
kalamageo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Oly
Originally Posted By: Blu13
Death, Godlovesugly, kalamageo

Must be nice to be perfect. Here a guy is being nice, letting people know that he ran into a situation on the Snohomish and be aware. Then you 3 perfect buds rank on him. I doubt he had a problem with being informed. My guess it was the manner in which it happened.

I found it interesting that it was a Snohomish Cop and not WDFW.

Told ya so.................................

This is a tough group.

Am I perfect? well, close. Thanks for noticing.

Snoho cop versus WDFW? How many fish cops do you think there are?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |