THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#938944 - 09/16/15 01:44 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Interesting how our tastes change over the years, for sure. I've been through a lot of phases with music, and years of playing it and learning new stuff has made me appreciate stuff I didn't like growing up. Likewise, it's made me think differently about some of my old favorites.

As an example, Nick mentioned John Mellencamp. I never cared for his stuff as a kid, but I heard "Jack and Diane" recently, and it was like I was hearing it for the first time. That guitar intro sounded sweet (especially coming out of the bridge), and hearing that chorus with wiser (OK, older) ears hit me hard: "Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone..." that's good stuff, there.

#938952 - 09/16/15 02:51 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Yeah... now that you mention it, I can't name another Cougar/Mellencamp tune I really like. I guess it's like Tom Petty said: even the losers get lucky sometimes.

Never liked Springsteen, either. "Born to Run" is a pretty good one, I guess. Everyone that likes him says seeing him live was what won them over. I wasn't about to pay the price of a Springsteen ticket to find out if that would work for me.

Ironically enough, that song Billy Joel wrote for said hottie wife was possibly his worst... and that's saying a lot.

#938955 - 09/16/15 03:20 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
the most over rated band of all time is the Rolling Stones but even they have a albums worth of of good music. Same with U2 the next big over rated band but the video of the rattle and hum concert was pretty good. Kiss sucks big black donkey dik and has zero that is even remotely listenable. the Beatles influenced by mcCartney is for teenage girls but the Lennon influenced stuff gives them two albums of great music. Almost all rap blows but dr Dre's Ring ding dong is great and eminem has a handful of good ones. Most punk is unlistenable. New country is for people that are half fag. If you don't like the doors and Dylan you most likely like new country. The doors absolutely live is on of the best live albums ever recorded and a double album at that , the holy grail of great bands. All Dylan is good but the unplugged album is fantastic. The whole hair band genre is an embarrassment to mankind.def leopard is like hearing a dog with diarehea try to sh!t his lungs out. Most metal is for infants but Sabbaths black album fits in the holy grail category and if you watch the video rock in Rio by iron maiden it's great too.

#938956 - 09/16/15 03:34 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Dave Matthews band

Green Day

#938957 - 09/16/15 03:40 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Originally Posted By: BoogerFlickr02
Sol Duc doesn't like the Beatles? Go figure....

How it's even possible for anyone to hate on the Beatles escapes me completely. Thin Lizzie, on the other hand....

Typical Lib. GFY.

You've out-libbed me on this one, Duc; anyone who hates the Beatles must surely be a Communist....

See post above yours and others. GFY.

- Albert Einstein.

#938958 - 09/16/15 03:44 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
Originally Posted By: SundayMoney
I've never liked the Beatles or the Rolling Stones.

Elvis man, I take it?

Boogerflicker, you're like most libs, if you don't agree with them the negativity always comes out. This post was a simple survey with no right or wrong answer. But you became compelled to make it a pissing contest.

- Albert Einstein.

#938962 - 09/16/15 03:51 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Originally Posted By: NickD90
Originally Posted By: Jason Beezy
How about U2?

Winner winner chicken dinner. They are the worst of the worst.

U2 (#1 with a bullet)
Rush
Eagles (but I love me some solo Joe Walsh)
Grateful Dead
John Couger Melloncamp
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel

These would be near the top of my list too. I mean U2, wtf do people hear in that boring band? Eagles...they were always another CSNY wannabe band to me. (Ok, the Felder/Walsh dual lead thing was cool.)

And Billy Joel? The only thing of his I ever liked was his ex-wife, Christie. And wtf did she see in him, anyway?

FF, I sort of liked Jack and Diane too, but anything else by Johnny Cougar sent me running for the barf bucket.

The best part of being forced to go to Springsteen concerts was that I could freely boo all night long and no one knew any better.

Billy Joel is getting added to my list along with the Grateful and Dave Matthews band.

- Albert Einstein.

#938973 - 09/16/15 04:19 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

One of my favorite Priest songs. I regret not seeing them live. Nice guitar solo at 2:10.

- Albert Einstein.

#938977 - 09/16/15 04:39 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Brakes are fine no need to pump, you can fix my car door though. wink
Elvis Sucks BALLZ.

- Albert Einstein.

#938978 - 09/16/15 04:41 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Hey Robertf, how many forms of metal are there? I've heard of thrash,speed,death, any others?

- Albert Einstein.

#938980 - 09/16/15 04:51 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Another goodie.

- Albert Einstein.

#938984 - 09/16/15 05:08 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#939004 - 09/16/15 06:33 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
erikj Offline
Spawner

Artists that have been overplayed at nausea, is kinda different than sucking. Still like Rush, but I might be a lesbian. Like Priest too, but I'm pretty sure we weren't after the same game.

#939012 - 09/16/15 06:47 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: erikj]
erikj Offline
Spawner

Don't forget the psychedelic rock genre. Think Screaming Trees. Pretty cool, but they're probably fruits too. crazy

#939036 - 09/16/15 09:05 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Yeah, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street are horrible albums............just like Revolver and Abbey Road.

Oh wait...........no they aren't - they are fantastic albums and only a complete fucktard like Us and Them would even make such a fuckin' idiotic claim. Not surprising considering his unjustified arrogance, though.

What the fu.ck is wrong with you clowns? Billy Joel's Piano Man is a great album - so is Green Day's Dookie and Nimrod. You don't like some of their work? Then go find something else to listen to you fuckin' whiners.

This thread is just a bunch of fuckin' donkeys who have never created anything worth a sh!t getting all sandy about musical artists that HAVE created something worth a sh!t.

Fuc.k this thread, and fu.ck anyone who thinks their worthless contributions to the world are more important than albums that mean something to people.

Christ.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#939040 - 09/16/15 09:34 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
"I dj with vinyl sometimes & been dogged since I don't have a KZOK typical playlist. "
"What do you do,get hired for parties and play Benny Goodman and Count Basie for 20 year old ecstacy ravers?"

Good one, RobertF. Style points for that one. It just might be a good idea. The last wedding I did was mostly vinyl 45 & lp roots & culture, lover's rock, soul covers & some concious dancehall styles of reggae music. With reggae music, skank is a verb & not a noun.

Since I'll be 70 on my next b-day, most of the folks I play for are a bit younger than me. I try to play danceable tunes & some '60's rock make people do the hippy dance & I can't abid the hippy dance.

Edited by Chuck E (09/16/15 09:36 PM)

#939041 - 09/16/15 09:36 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Little Dannys You are the only Whiney kunt here. Everyone else is answering a question. You like green day because you wear mascara and stay in the mirror and act out the " I would fuk me" scene from silence of the lambs with your dog barking. Same thing with the stones , you love short guys like you with big lips dancing like a fag.

Edited by Us and Them (09/16/15 09:40 PM)

#939042 - 09/16/15 09:37 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
Sorry, I'll try not to whine as much.

#939044 - 09/16/15 09:41 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Your cool Chuck I was directing it at kuntS

#939047 - 09/16/15 09:48 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Dan S.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Yeah, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street are horrible albums............just like Revolver and Abbey Road.

Oh wait...........no they aren't - they are fantastic albums and only a complete fucktard like Us and Them would even make such a fuckin' idiotic claim. Not surprising considering his unjustified arrogance, though.

What the fu.ck is wrong with you clowns? Billy Joel's Piano Man is a great album - so is Green Day's Dookie and Nimrod. You don't like some of their work? Then go find something else to listen to you fuckin' whiners.

This thread is just a bunch of fuckin' donkeys who have never created anything worth a sh!t getting all sandy about musical artists that HAVE created something worth a sh!t.

Fuc.k this thread, and fu.ck anyone who thinks their worthless contributions to the world are more important than albums that mean something to people.

Christ.

I'll give Abbey Road to ya, I like that one ok.

- Albert Einstein.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1171 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |