Three Rivers Marine

Page 28 of 39 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#957883 - 05/26/16 04:51 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
I don't see why the state is giving in to the tribe.
I am not an attorney, so I probably am not qualified to interpet it all so take this for what its worth, but here is my opinion. In the court case "Skokomish Indian Tribe, Appellant, v. E. L. France, Trustee, et al.", it appears that the court is stating that the reservation only included uplands. They were dealing with tidelands, but give several reasons why they believed the tide lands were not included. Most, if not all of these would appear to apply to the river too. The treaty itself only lists the reservation bounardary as to the mouth of the river and up the river. While this may be vague, it is clear that the reseveration was split up and divided among tribal members. I do not believe any of these allotments includes the river or land under the river. (I could be wrong but the previous court ruling indicated that the allotments were all up lands). In addition the ruling case also states that it is clear that the reservation was meant as an area to reside and not as a boundary for economic means (fishing, claming, hunting , etc), it also mentions the common practice of high water mark being the boundaries. There are other reasons but you can find them yourselves if you read the ruling.

Another interesting case mentions that among the tribes at that time, they commonly recognized the half way mark of a water way as a boundary among themselves. Meaning, at worst, that if they thought they owned the river, they would have most likely interpreted the boundary it as half.

Edited by Krijack (05/26/16 05:30 PM)

#957884 - 05/26/16 04:57 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Just talked with Sky-Guy. Obviously, there is no fishing until NOAA approves (the Sky included). It'll be a couple 2 - 4 weeks for approval so we are just going to have to wait. There are gonna be a lot of tickets unless the state makes this abundantly clear in their future announcements. Maybe that's part of their new rev-gen strategy.

#957885 - 05/26/16 05:00 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

What I don't get is why the upper section of the Puyallup and Carbon are even closed at all, they don't net past the White, why close the upper river? Why not make it release wild fish, like they do with Chum on the Carbon?

They are going to net the sh!t out of the lower river and take all the Voights creek fish now.... Fish I fvckin paid for...

#957886 - 05/26/16 05:09 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: NickD90]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
Originally Posted By: NickD90
Just talked with Sky-Guy. Obviously, there is no fishing until NOAA approves (the Sky included). It'll be a couple 2 - 4 weeks for approval so we are just going to have to wait. There are gonna be a lot of tickets unless the state makes this abundantly clear in their future announcements. Maybe that's part of their new rev-gen strategy.

Yep. They had better spell it out loud and clear. I'm sure there are a ton of folks that are still going off of their regs that say are good until June 30th 2016. How many pissed off steelhead fisherman will be getting told to leave Reiter on June 1st...?

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#957887 - 05/26/16 05:12 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: steeliedrew]
Deer_Creek Offline
Fry

Originally Posted By: steeliedrew
Originally Posted By: NickD90

Yep. They had better spell it out loud and clear. I'm sure there are a ton of folks that are still going off of their regs that say are good until June 30th 2016. How many pissed off steelhead fisherman will be getting told to leave Reiter on June 1st...?

You mean like in this link where it says June 1st? http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/northfalcon/

#957888 - 05/26/16 05:23 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
"We plan to re-open those waters as soon as we have federal approval," said John Long, salmon fisheries policy lead for WDFW. "We anticipate getting the new permit within a few weeks."

Kinda confusing is what I'm getting at. Anyway, back into my hole from whence I came...

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#957889 - 05/26/16 05:56 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: 5 * General Evo]
No Warranty Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Originally Posted By: Evo
Fish I fvckin paid for...

LOL

#957890 - 05/26/16 06:07 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

What's funny....

#957892 - 05/26/16 06:35 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
I'm thinking, some WDFW employees are being thankful for a chance to "keep their jobs". Time will tell, how 2016-17 license sales will go. I'm betting sales will be less, and that affects the budget.

2nd comment.....boat launches and parking areas, aren't large enough, in
Grays Harbor to handle all the I'5 ers, that would have headed this way, IF THERE HAD BEEN NO SALMON FISHING in the Seattle, Tacoma area.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#957896 - 05/26/16 07:40 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Evo,I deleted your profane post. keep it on the darkside or you wont have a chance to choose where to post anymore.

#957897 - 05/26/16 07:43 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

The NOF page on the WDFW site indicates some fisheries will open June 1st. This is not the case and I have asked them to correct their info.

No fisheries open until NOAA approves and issues a permit.
I spoke with Susan Bishop at NOAA yesterday and confimed this to be the case in the event a deal was reached. I asked her how the process might be expedited, nd she indicated her whole stall will be all hands on deck working towards issuing approval, and she did say it would likely be 1-2 weeks at best for that to happen.

it is what it is. if we have to wait a few days past traditional opener dates I'll take it.

#957898 - 05/26/16 07:45 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Sorry Ryley, but I've had it, I've been keeping to topic not starting anything on this side, just talking about the problem at hand, and being harassed by certain people, andtelling them that Parker has said to keep the b.s. Off this side, and I'm in trouble again....

I defended myself, I'm pissed, I'm sorry...

I'm not the only one at fault here...

#957900 - 05/26/16 08:19 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
F$ck the puyallup tribe, those mf'rs will be netting the crap out of it and give the sporties a 15 day carbon river season to justify their netting. I agree with evo here, this is bs. As one of the few who actually no the quality of fishing in the puyallup after all the crowds are gone this is really a garbage deal. If they are netting when the river is closed to us they will definitely cause conflict with the masses standing by watching. My season starts in October where a normal saturday may find a handful of people, highly doubt the abundant coho couldn't handle a car season at minimum.

#957901 - 05/26/16 09:54 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Gotta remember that those Puyallup fish are being caught by sporties in the ocean, in the straits, and in 9&10. This all counts against whatever "share" the sprites have. Plus, if there is any Non-Indian netting on Fraser sockeye there could be a chinook or two in by catch.

Sharing is not 50:50 in every waterbody. The price for fishing marine mixed stock fisheries is fewer river fisheries.

#957902 - 05/26/16 10:23 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
+1 for Carcassman.

While things are indeed out of whack, what Carcassman says is 100% true -- that our general preference for marine mixed-stock fisheries has a real consequence -- and it's especially obvious in cases like the puyallup or muckleshoot fisheres where their U&A fisheries generally don't allow them significant access to the salt.

B

#957905 - 05/26/16 11:34 PM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

But the puyallup will likely still have a directed coho fishery, when we won't.

No, there will not be any coho derbies this year. All marine areas are closed to coho.. Except in hood canal.

#957906 - 05/27/16 05:44 AM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
Take-Down Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Does anyone have insight into exactly what is meant by 'Lake Washington and Sammamish will be closed to fishing' during September and October? Are they really closing everything (bass, perch, bluegill) in the lakes or just trolling/salmon fishing? Seems like WDFW should be able to protect against targeting salmon with appropriate regulations. I see no legitimate reason why the bass guys, or grandparents looking to get kids into a school of perch, should be shut down this Fall on Seattle's two primary metropolitan lakes.

#957910 - 05/27/16 07:25 AM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
M.A 13?

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#957911 - 05/27/16 07:28 AM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: ]
eldplanko Offline
Fry

Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon

Now will there be a coho derby up Edmonds way this year ?

I'm not sure... but I'd still buy 4 tickets if PSA-SnoKing put this on just as an act of support; even if we couldn't fish for coho. Hell, I'd even spend the day dragging 15 lb lead balls around in MA 9 drinking beer if it ended with sourdough bowl of clam chowder at the Port of Edmonds.

#957912 - 05/27/16 07:28 AM Re: North of Falcon/PMFC update [Re: Sky-Guy]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Take-Down.....

WDFW has taken the position, that it is easier to "close", than it is to have enforcement, do the job of enforcement.

Case in point......Chehalis River, Wynoochee River in Grays Harbor....Chum in both rivers were legal and summer run Steelhead were legal in the Wynoochee River.........both were shut down....from 3rd week in October until December 16.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

Page 28 of 39 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 38 39 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (20 Gage, seabeckraised, No More Ice Fishin), 1175 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645373 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |