Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95597 - 09/06/00 06:37 PM League of Conservation voters
Moondog Offline
Fry

Loc: Olympia, Wa
I would like to help put to rest who is better for the environment. Check out the League of Conservation Voters. They do a side-by-side comparison of Bush & Gore. Try to keep an open mind.

Peace

#95598 - 09/06/00 07:02 PM Re: League of Conservation voters
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA

#95599 - 09/06/00 10:49 PM Re: League of Conservation voters
corky Offline
Smolt

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
Is this supposed to be bi-partisan facts Give me a break. This tells you about Texas' problems, but fails to tell you that these things have improved since Bush became Gov.(previous Gov. was a dem.) Why is it you guys seem to just close your eyes to the facts?

[This message has been edited by corky (edited 09-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by corky (edited 09-06-2000).]

#95600 - 09/07/00 01:23 AM Re: League of Conservation voters
wit45cal Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Puyallup WA
If the LCV has ever supported a conservative I don't know about it. Please enlighten me as to whom it might have been. I'm not so sure the LCV is non-partisan...

#95601 - 09/07/00 10:34 AM Re: League of Conservation voters
BtmBounce Offline
Fry

Loc: Okanogan, WA
Hey Moondog, it is next to impossible to maintain an open mind when subjected to the liberal bias that is so predominant in the LCV. This group has characteristically supported the left and has advocated all liberal causes. With the proper research it is easy to locate those groups/individuals who support with facts a non-bias view of all issues that we are faced with today. read the LCV opinion and keep an open mind? give me a break! Tight and new lines...Tom

#95602 - 09/07/00 12:34 PM Re: League of Conservation voters
Moondog Offline
Fry

Loc: Olympia, Wa
I contacted Trout Unlimited to see if they supported one candidate over the other. Being a non-profit group they said that they could not endorse anyone but instead told me to check out the league of Conservation voters. While they can’t endorse a candidate, they made it clear to me who they prefer. I’m sorry if you don’t like the facts, but they do speak for themselves.

The Environment is only of the many issues each candidate faces. I believe the decision on who to vote for should not be based on one issue alone.

Peace

[This message has been edited by Moondog (edited 09-07-2000).]

#95603 - 09/07/00 01:03 PM Re: League of Conservation voters
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Let me say one more thing and give this one a rest. Try for a couple minutes to look at the original question - who is better for salmon - not who is liberal and who is conservative. The liberal vs. conservative question is an obvious one. Which one is better for our fishing is an entirely different one.

On another note, the office that will really have a say over our fisheries is probably the lesser known state Lands Commissioner. Check out this from the P-I for more info. I'll also post this under another heading.

http://seattlep-i.nwsource.com/local/land07.shtml

Bruce

#95604 - 09/07/00 06:09 PM Re: League of Conservation voters
Scaly Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sequim, WA, USA
The LCV is biased toward conservation. If that has to be a "liberal" issue, it's a shame. By the way, Wit45, they do support and endorse some Republicans, when they show some concern for our natural resources.
Our state LCV organization, Washington Conservation Voters, has a web site at www.wcvoters.org, for WA electees.
If you don't like the biased slant, anyone, try www.fec.gov (federal) and http://web.pdc.wa.gov (state) sites for listings of contributions to candidates. If you can't see those as "facts," you are hopeless. These lists show pretty clearly who "owns" which politicians.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 414 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |