Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
My money is on Salmo G

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#957057 - 05/08/16 08:09 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Everything is all good until the bottom drops out, then the fingers get pointed.

The thing that makes this the States fault is the fact that they managed for this event not to avoid it.

#957058 - 05/08/16 08:27 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
FishBear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western Washington
I come back to this site every once in a while for the entertainment. Some visits are better than others... but this one is right up there.

You folks berate one of the few people on here who actually knows what is happening, how things work, what the real issues are and what we can expect.

Wow. This is better than the Sarah and Donald show.

George W. Bush

#957062 - 05/08/16 10:06 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I don't know if I would say people who work in the field of fisheries or fisheries biology have much of a clue what's going on. I don't know if there is truely one example where our management styles of natural resources has been a success in the long term.

Look around the globe, where ever humans have sought to exploit a natural resource for comercial purposes bad things result. WDFW has done no better than the rest of the world. You would have thought that since we had a few hundred years to learn from EUrope and the East Coast Atlantic Salmon we might have figured it out, unfortunately this is not the case.

People that go along with the program which is an obvious pathway to extinction just to get a retirement, nice cars and a house is not a good excuse.

#957063 - 05/08/16 10:13 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: eugene1]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Originally Posted By: eugene1
I feel really bad for you guys, if I lived in WA I would be going through the same thought process and withdrawals.

Maybe plan some get get away fishing trips?

Originally Posted By: Chasin' Baitman
I am beyond upset about it. I am literally losing sleep. I keep telling my wife I need to find another hobby...but it's just a joke. I've been obsessed with fishing since I was a kid. There's nothing else in this world that's going to replace it.

I do fish for fish other than salmon. I do bottomfish. I also like fishing for bass and even trout. When I'm doing those I certainly enjoy them...but the truth is I am doing it because I can't go salmon fishing that day.

I've actually thought about moving, but I really love where I live. When I'm allowed to fish, there's actually no place in the world I'd rather be.

My wife said she would never marry a fisherman. Ha Ha I rediscovered fishing with her dad but I can't/don't fish 24/7. Three weeks I'll be on the river after she goes on vacation to Cali to her sisters new second home. Going to order my Oregon license today. Fishing in PS may be a thing of the past the way things are going.

#957064 - 05/08/16 10:15 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Things are going to get nasty over this, as this truely most likely is the end of many Coho stocks and the ultimate end of Puget sound salmon fishing. There is no recovery from this.

We watched for years, many participated in conservation/enhancement measures, watching all along massive comercial harvest and the few fish aloud to spawn managed on a thin margin.

Now we have environmental factors so significant, there is literally no abundance left to mitigate it, as we managed for zero abundance.

#957067 - 05/08/16 10:28 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
Kinetic Kwik Offline
Spawner

Loc: sum x wet,sum x dry WA 4 Life
Originally Posted By: Banned User
Rich

Maybe Bigfoot is taking the fish through an inter-dimensional wormhole and feeding the gnomes with them......

Makes sense......

Kinda looks like a wormhole

Will it work Rich?

#957068 - 05/08/16 10:31 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Rich, you can't blame everyone else then proceed to eat tinfoil wrapped salmon.....

#957071 - 05/08/16 10:43 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Folks seem to confuse what an agency does (NOAA/WDFW) with what the technical staff believes should be done.

Anybody who thinks natural resources are managed by the Best Available Science (whatever the **ck that is) are close to clueless. Decisions are made based on politics, law, treaties, inertia, whoever makes the biggest campaign contributions, and so on. Science is trotted out when it serves the purpose of leadershit.

For example, there are lots of bios in WDFW who believe that the current level of wild fish escapement is criminally small. And they tell this to their boss. But, policy prevails.

I know of many in WDFW who put careers on the line in defense of the resources/ecosystem, many who did lots of stuff on their own time and dime (professional publication, attend and present at professional meetings) and so on.

Society has to want to make the necessary changes but berating the staff for decisions made way above their pay grade doesn't help.

#957078 - 05/08/16 02:23 PM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Right or wrong, BU, at least Rich tries to lay out a logical argument with reasoning, even if flawed, behind his statements.

You, on the other hand, spend 90% of your posts throwing out nothing of value. Your contributions to threads are mostly diarrhea of the mouth full of nasty insults rather than discussing the issues. Your bitching would be OK if there was at least something of value to balance it out. It's a free-speech site so do as you like but you come across as an immature schoolchild in a cuss-word fight. Grow up.

#957080 - 05/08/16 06:15 PM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: OceanSun]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: OceanSun
Right or wrong, BU, at least Rich tries to lay out a logical argument with reasoning, even if flawed, behind his statements.

You, on the other hand, spend 90% of your posts throwing out nothing of value. Your contributions to threads are mostly diarrhea of the mouth full of nasty insults rather than discussing the issues. Your bitching would be OK if there was at least something of value to balance it out. It's a free-speech site so do as you like but you come across as an immature schoolchild in a cuss-word fight. Grow up.

On the other hand Salmo G, Carcassman ,Smalma and maybe some others have been patiently trying educate the RichGs of this site for fifteen + years to no avail. Minimal research done by the "box of rock" types would confirm everything the above mentioned experts say. IMO the dumb furcks deserve the cussing that BU dishes out.

#957081 - 05/08/16 06:47 PM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Educate us on what???

That what they knew, preached and practiced helped screw stuff up real good? The proof is in the pudding..

Like I said riding a sinking ship just because that's what everybody else is doing is not a good enough reason.

People want to trust in them and continue to have faith in failed policies because it's easier to hand that responsibility off to someone else. Just because an individual is trained in the most widely accepted theories, practices and science has zero relation to it actually being correct and a good idea.

#957083 - 05/08/16 07:48 PM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: RICH G
Educate us on what???

That what they knew, preached and practiced helped screw stuff up real good? The proof is in the pudding..

Like I said riding a sinking ship just because that's what everybody else is doing is not a good enough reason.

People want to trust in them and continue to have faith in failed policies because it's easier to hand that responsibility off to someone else. Just because an individual is trained in the most widely accepted theories, practices and science has zero relation to it actually being correct and a good idea.

Maybe you could gain a tiny increment of credibility if you responded to carcassmans post,which clearly explained the situation, with a rebuttal that made just a grain of sense instead of flinging your usual delusional nonsense my way.

#957084 - 05/08/16 08:55 PM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I'm not interested in excuses, I don't believe anything coming from the estabished ideas\policies which got things to this point.

We need new people with new ideas and a complete change in management systems.

#957085 - 05/08/16 08:56 PM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I'm not interested in excuses, I don't believe anything coming from the estabished ideas\policies which got things to this point.

#957086 - 05/08/16 09:05 PM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
Priority2 Offline
Parr

Salmon G still working for NOAA?

#957087 - 05/08/16 10:25 PM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: ]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
Originally Posted By: RICH G

I doubt Trump will be able to help much with PS fisheries/tribal negotiations being in the shitter.

#957091 - 05/09/16 06:33 AM Re: upset fisherman!!! [Re: Salmo g.]
toobad Offline
Fry

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
[Bleeeeep!], the cup of ignorance in this thread overfloweth . . .

Rich, your posts read like they were written by someone dumber than a box of rocks. WDFW manages salmon the way they do because that is the law, as in WACs, from the state legislature. You want salmon managed differently, then you need to change the laws governing the managing of salmon. Further, the abundance of salmon is less the product of state management and more the result of habitat conditions, habitat that WDFW has very, very little authority to regulate. If you were half as sharp as you think you are, you'd already know this stuff.

Evo, thanks for being your usual sh!t fer brains self. FYI (better write this down for future reference) steelhead are rainbow trout, rainbow trout that migrate to and from salt water. They are one and the same species. There, remember that. Skamania is one stock of steelhead, a hatchery stock originally derived of Washougal and Wind River summer steelhead. Skamania is one of several steelhead stocks that have been transplanted to the Great Lakes. Others include Chambers Creek and Alsea winter runs. There may have been stocks from California transplanted there, too, but I haven't verified that. Because steelhead stocks have been planted in the GL they call the fish steelhead, but since the GL are freshwater and not saltwater, they would technically be adfluvial (lake run) rainbow trout, but nobody calls them that because, well, the eggs for the transplant came from actual steelhead.

What is it they say, better to remain silent and thought ignorant instead of speaking up and proving ignorance beyond any doubt.

You have been saying this [Bleeeeep!] since the beginning of this board.I used to look up to you.But however many years later I realized that this is the excuse you use to justify getting a retirement from the so called ignorant.Well it worked enjoy your retirement.

Edited by toobad (05/09/16 06:34 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1406 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |