Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#959605 - 06/23/16 04:07 PM Re: Sage ONE [Re: D3Smartie]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Never owned a Scott.
They do seem to have a Rocky Mountain Oysters Brotherhood cult following...just not out here. I hear Nick is a charter member of said cult wink

Stayed away from them after it took my buddy months to get his back on a warranty claim.

Hear good things about recently discontinued S4S models and the new Radian and Meridian models. The Tidal....not so much.
SF

#959672 - 06/24/16 01:48 PM Re: Sage ONE [Re: ]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Originally Posted By: Banned User
A true ascoteer fishes bamboo, upstream dry fly only, while wearing a tweed jacket.

Anything less is for blasphemers, and other assorted neanderthals........

Neanderthal self-incrimination?

#959680 - 06/24/16 04:56 PM Re: Sage ONE [Re: D3Smartie]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
When I moved out here from God's country, I went to the local saloon, bellied up and asked for a beer and some RMO's. Alas, there are no balls in this part of the country. wink

Scotty's are real nice - so are the Sages and Winnies. I'd take any of the above in a heart beat.

I have a couple few 20 - 30 year old Scotty's upstairs that I wouldn't sell for all of the money in the world. Some of the older rods cast as good or better than today's ultra-high tech ferrari's.

Oh...and upstream only growing up. My dad was a dentist. smile

Edited by NickD90 (06/24/16 04:56 PM)

#960004 - 06/30/16 10:34 PM Re: Sage ONE [Re: D3Smartie]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
So you were looking to eat balls and found out we don't eat balls here?

But you came here from God's country................where people eat balls?

Uhhhh. OK.

You could probably sell those Scotty's and buy some balls mail order.

smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#960809 - 07/14/16 02:45 PM Re: Sage ONE [Re: D3Smartie]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Saw this on the Angling Trade website.
I wonder if this is a upgrade for the NRX or will both still be in the Loomis line-up?
Pretty heavy retail price tag.
The X from Sage and now the Asquith from Loomis. Lots of new high end toys hitting the market.
SF

Shimano technology and G. Loomis fly rod expertise takes a step in unison to bring a unique concept to fly anglers worldwide in a new series of fly rods called Asquith. Theline-up includes nine ‘all-water’ rods in nine-foot 4 through 12 weights, and five spey rods offered in a 12’9” #6, 13’ #7, 13’6” #8, 14’ #9 and 15’ #10. With blanks rolled using
Shimano’s proprietary Spiral X process at its production facility in Kumamoto, Japan, and then hand-finished at the G. Loomis facility in Woodland, Wash., according to the joint Shimano/G. Loomis product development team, anglers will find the Asquith series to be “the most technologically advanced fly rods in the world.”
“We are making a bold statement with Asquith,” said world champion fly caster and chief G. Loomis rod designer Steve Rajeff. “By collaborating with my Shimano fishing rod associates at our world headquarters in Sakai City, Japan, and our facility in Kumamoto, we are able to bring together cutting-edge manufacturing techniques and materials with proven G. Loomis actions and design.”
With fast actions and generous power levels, “the Asquith rods excel in situations where developing high line speed and making precise casts means success,” Rajeff said.
He notes the rods are built and designed for demanding conditions and technical fishing environments – the culmination of these efforts to provide anglers with fly rods that offer exceptional casting distance, pinpoint accuracy, a lighter that expected blank and reduced blank twist.
The proprietary Spiral X technology creates a rod blank utilizing Shimano’s carbon fiber Infinity Tape core layer, a longitudinal middle layer of Musclecarbon to form a base structure to improve efficiency and performance, and then finished with a reverse-axis Infinity Taper outer layer. This patented construction process increases rod rigidity to reduce twist without adding weight. Spiral X also allows for a thin wall blank, and reduces rod ovalization even when under the load of a big steelhead, striper or tarpon.
Within the ‘all-water’ Asquith rods, the trout-focused #4, #5 and #6 feature custom bamboo/aluminum reel seats, while the #7 through #12 come with saltwater- friendly aluminum reel seats with Shimano’s lightweight CI4+ material inserts for both lighter weight and added durability. The guide train on all these rods includes Titanium SIC Sea Guide strippers with REC Recoil snake guides.
Also with the CI4+ insert aluminum reel seats and Titanium SIC Sea Guide strippers, the #6 through #10 Asquith spey rods have ‘Snake brand’ double-plated chrome snake guides.
Rajeff notes that during the extensive rod development, the Asquith 4 through 6 weights performed best when matched with either Airflo Elite or Scientific Anglers Mastery Trout lines. For freshwater situations with up to the 8-weight Asquith, Rajeff suggests the Airflo Exceed and Streamer Float, while the 7 through 12 weights in the salt call for an Airflo Tropical Punch or Scientific Anglers Mastery Bonefish Taper and Mastery Tarpon Taper lines.
Along with the Asquith fly rods, two Asquith fly reels are also available, designed and built by Shimano. A known worldwide leader in fishing reel manufacturing and technology, the Shimano Asquith 3-4 weight and 7-8 weight reel feature Shimano’s Hagane Body lightweight machined aluminum frame, full frame design for less line tangle, a sealed drag system, and a lightweight CI4+ material handle. Both reels have two shielded ARB (anti-rust) bearings.
For more information on the next step into the future of fly rods, view the Asquith section at www.****, call 800-GLoomis, or inquire about them at your favorite fly fishing shop.
Suggested Retail:
#4 through #12 – from $1000 to $1200; #6 to #10 spey – from $1200 to $1700

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |