Salmon fishing may be closed in central and north sound areas but it remains open in South Sound and the 21st. annual PSA Gig Harbor Derby is a go this year - this coming Saturday, 13 August!

Here is a link to the PSAGH website (if I didn't live in the electronic tarpit I would post the flyer): http://gigharborpsa.org/.

Note that tickets may be purchased at several local retailers or on-line and all occupants aboard a boat must have a ticket. Fishing is in MA 11 and MA 13 with weigh-in closing at 2 P.M. at Pt. Defiance Marina. Check the website to confirm all applicable rules.

The award ceremony will be held at Bass Pro Shop (7905 S. Hosmer St. - on the immediate east side of I-5 between 72nd. and 84th.) at 4:00 P.M. Our thanks to BPS for their generous support!!

An extra incentive is that with the elimination of several of the fall silver salmon derbies due to WDFW directed closures your chance of being drawn for the NW Salmon Derby Series grand prize is improved! Maybe better odds than Vegas!!

Point Defiance staff are prepared to assist in launching and shuttling drivers to and from parking areas so don't let be a deterrence.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)