Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#972512 - 02/03/17 09:59 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets ***** [Re: ]
Nimpo60 Offline
Alevin

As long as your nards are dry and you've got some Crown R- it can piss rain on me all day. Do they make rubber underwear?

#972513 - 02/03/17 10:18 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: stam

base layer....

....mesh?

wink

Snort! applause

#972552 - 02/03/17 08:43 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
outfishn Offline
Returning Adult

Just wanted to follow up since I mentioned that the Patagonia deep wading jacket has felt lined hand warming pockets. I just got the latest version and realized that it does not have felt lined hand warming pockets like my older version but instead has very large zippered pockets in place of the hand warming ones, so there are 4 total zippered pockets, 2 which are huge. The cuffs are also not rubberized like the previous version and the main front zipper is not water proof but does have a storm flap. I think Patagonia made some cost saving updates. I still think it will be a very functional jacket but it will likely be a long while before this new version replaces my old.

#972556 - 02/03/17 11:04 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
How would you rate the ass area of this coat in terms of dryness, warmth, and security from sexual harassment?

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#972557 - 02/03/17 11:46 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
outfishn Offline
Returning Adult

low

#972559 - 02/04/17 05:13 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
willie makeit Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
"That's not exactly true. GoreTex and Hydus 3L are waterproof, breathable and leak proof fabrics. But they're spendy."

That's BS.
Water repellent for a time but never waterproof.

Reach past the gimmicks, grab the rubber, or be accountable for the spreading of moisture.

That's why the military doesn't use rubber? Your story has some holes in it gore-Tex is a superior fabric!

#972671 - 02/06/17 06:56 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
I went fishing this weekend in sideways snow. By the end of the day I was definitely moist and very cold. My fat ass had to be rescued (pic).

Coley, no sexual threats were encountered despite my posterior being exposed to the elements.

Attachments
mammothsmall.jpg

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#972739 - 02/07/17 08:10 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: willie makeit]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Originally Posted By: willie makeit
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
"That's not exactly true. GoreTex and Hydus 3L are waterproof, breathable and leak proof fabrics. But they're spendy."

That's BS.
Water repellent for a time but never waterproof.

Reach past the gimmicks, grab the rubber, or be accountable for the spreading of moisture.

That's why the military doesn't use rubber? Your story has some holes in it gore-Tex is a superior fabric!

GoreTex superior to PVC and rubber.???
Good one.

Your GoreTex fabric is what has holes in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

#972795 - 02/07/17 05:31 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Sleddddder Offline
Spawner

Loc: Lake Stevens
Check out Cabelas Gortex guidewear. I have a long coat like you are describing that is my everyday wear. Used it at B10 with Guide pants & stayed very comfortable & dry. I have Grundens also & would get very clammy damp & cold. FWIW

#972833 - 02/08/17 09:04 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Another advantage of rubber over today's fashion suits is the fact you can clean egg, herring, blood, etc messes off them easily.

#973132 - 02/12/17 10:37 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
softhackle Offline
Alevin

Loc: Washington
Great thread, and I wish I had something funny to offer.

As it is, I just have a review:

I have been thoroughly impressed with my Simms Slick jacket. Pricey, but it has performed flawlessly. To answer the initial question of the thread, the back is cut low and it does keep me warmer. In addition, the internal cuffs do a fantastic job of keeping the water from running down your arms while holding your rod up. And for its namesake, all of the hidden zippers don't catch/foul anything (this is more applicable to fly casters, but is still very nice for all fishermen).

Hands down best coat I have ever seen, and I did quite a bit of research prior to buying it.

#973400 - 02/16/17 01:03 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: ColeyG]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: ColeyG
How would you rate the ass area of this coat in terms of dryness, warmth, and security from sexual harassment?

Simms is coming out with a breathable chastity belt model next year for you homo's. lol

- Albert Einstein.

#973530 - 02/18/17 02:26 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Unlike some, I've never had moisture, temperature, or vanity issues in the ass region of my wading knickers. As such, I prefer a wading jacket designed for, well, wading.

As for my sexual orientation, just because you think my ass looks great doesn't mean I'm gay. Come to think of it, you been hanging around Beezy? Maybe that's really why he wants to cover the kaboose.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#973572 - 02/20/17 12:06 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: ColeyG]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Belly laugh smile

- Albert Einstein.

#1016826 - 11/11/19 12:18 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
MPM Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA
Resurrecting this thread because I'm also in the market for a new jacket to use while fishing and performing other outdoor activities, but I don't like the shortness of many "wading" jackets.

However, I do like to keep one or two lure boxes in my jacket pocket when I'm bank fishing, and a lot of otherwise good rain jackets don't have big enough pockets, D rings, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hodgman Aesis or h5 jackets?

#1016828 - 11/11/19 01:33 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

sick bump lol. one of my favorite threads.

#1016847 - 11/11/19 07:16 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: MPM]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: MPM
Resurrecting this thread because I'm also in the market for a new jacket to use while fishing and performing other outdoor activities, but I don't like the shortness of many "wading" jackets.

However, I do like to keep one or two lure boxes in my jacket pocket when I'm bank fishing, and a lot of otherwise good rain jackets don't have big enough pockets, D rings, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hodgman Aesis or h5 jackets?

Patagonia River Salt Jacket will give you the length you need plus the large front pockets you seek... all in a sleek uncluttered CLEAN frontal profile. Buy it ONCE and rest assured their iron-clad warranty will have you covered for friggin' ever.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#1016885 - 11/11/19 11:03 PM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Denham Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Maple Valley
So does nobody on here use Simms?...

Edited by Denham (11/11/19 11:03 PM)

#1016893 - 11/12/19 06:32 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
_WW_ Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Skagit
I just read through this entire thread. I'll never get those minutes back!
It seems that everyone has missed the obvious. If I want to keep my ass warm and dry I don't look at a jacket - I look at pants! Just like if I want to keep my head warm and dry I don't look at pants, but jackets and hats. I wonder if the OP looks for gloves to keep his feet warm?

I'm sure we never met, but I'm sure I'll recognize him by the way he wears stuff.

#1016897 - 11/12/19 08:50 AM Re: Sick Of "Wading" Jackets [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Still using my Arcteryx Sidewinder coat for all things outdoor. Hunting, fishing, snowboarding, boating, & hikes. Hasnt failed me yet and dont expect it to. I've had it for 4-5 years now and still going strong and feels like I'll have it a long time. Awesome build quality and durabilty, huge pockets, only weighs 1.4 pounds. Love it.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1318 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |