My local legislator responded to my letter below... and stated it never made it out of committee. Whew for now!

I’m writing to urge all parties involved with House Bill #5718, “WDFW Governance” to strongly resist the changes this proposed Bill provides. The current WDFW Commission takes a transparent, objective scientific, and conservational view, when it comes to fish and wildlife policies and regulations. This bill would gut the Commission’s authority and give the Governor and WDFW Director dictatorial powers that would be detrimental to the fish and wildlife of the State of Washington. Transparent public debate, science and conservation, that have existed, not politics, should remain the governance of the fish and wildlife of this State".
Thanks for the text I found here to forward to my legislator. We do have a say and can assert influence only if we take the time to follow up with comments. Thanks.

Edited by RUNnGUN (02/24/17 06:49 PM)