Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#983465 - 01/11/18 09:05 AM 7400 Launch Property
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Have not fished the Wynoochee for quite a few years after some bad crowd experiences. Was wondering if the 7400 upper launch is still under lock and key? WDFW was talking about purchasing 15 acres up there. Did that ever happen? What is the current status? Not that I will return, just curious. Sure miss the good old days with lots of fish and no crowds.

#983470 - 01/11/18 12:09 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Here's what I know:

1. WDFW missed the boat on this....Green Diamond offered to sell land for river access.....A good case of "you snooze, you lose", offer was taken off the table.

2. As I understand, some individuals approached Green Diamond, with $$$$$ in hand to buy a key for the gated property. I was NOT one of those, nor do I know anyone who bought a key, nor have I even been to the area to see how many, how often, the area is being used.

3. I do know, that another property owner is selling access rights thru his property.

4. I know that most days of the week, its "bumper boats", from White Bridge, down river.

I HAVE NOT FISHED THE WYNOOCHEE THIS WINTER SEASON, just drive to the river to do "lookie lou", a few times a day....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#983471 - 01/11/18 12:29 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

A handful of guides holding keys are advertising their "private water" on FaceBook.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#983475 - 01/11/18 03:19 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I’d heard a rumor it might reopen this spring and I’d been meaning to follow up on it with Region 6.

Sent an email today and here is the reply:

We are in the process of obtaining all the permits needed to get the 7400 Access site installed. Unfortunately as a state agency, it takes even longer to get the permits necessary than would a private citizen. We have many people here working very hard on the process and with any luck at all, MAYBE it will be done by this summer. Yes, this is a priority for us and we value your inquiry as to how the project is coming along.

#983477 - 01/11/18 04:08 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: BossMan]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Thanks for the update.

#983478 - 01/11/18 04:18 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

That’s great. The current deal of Girly fly guides from Montana buying overpriced keys and then claiming “private water” is completely fuckedup.

#983479 - 01/11/18 05:05 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

I did call Region 6, BossMan is correct, they are working on acquiring enough land for a launch site, will it happen?, time will tell.

WDFW messed up, 40-50 years ago.....99 year leases could have been signed, that would have allowed public access for another 50 or 60 years. The "then land owners", would have signed the leases because land owners and fishermen/hunters got along, at that time.

Wynoochee River has lost so many access sites, I could go all the way from 7400 Line to tide water, and show you unbelievable amounts of land that the "public was able to use", that is now NO TRESPASSING, NO HUNTING.

#983480 - 01/11/18 05:25 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

7400 access would create another problem.....

Anyone that has fished this river, knows that parking can be a problem...White Bridge, Cross Over Bridge, and Black Ck. have parking room for the "crowds of the 60's, the 70's, until about the late 90's".

Now the demands for parking, are ever increasing......just more people in general, but more guides....both drift and jet boat...and all the clients that need to park there cars.

Let assume 15 rigs want to launch at 7400 line, launch would/should be no problem.......but where to find parking for the "turn around service" or for the second car to get back to 7400 line. Remember White Bridge is going to have lots of rigs that have put in there and taken up available parking.

Black Creek needs 3 or 4 times the current parking, Cross Over area is a "pain in the ass".....

Oh well, Bumper boats, lack of parking, makes for a "enjoyable day"!!!!!

#983481 - 01/11/18 07:34 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Pathetic.

#983482 - 01/11/18 07:35 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Pathetic.
I also had no idea retired teachers still told stories.

#983483 - 01/11/18 07:36 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

That's double the pathetic.
Our rivers simply convey storm water now days.

#983484 - 01/11/18 08:00 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
One of the best solutions to the over crowding would be to focus on getting the A run hatchery run going back on the Cowlitz. Im sure plenty of guides wouldn't mind making their way back down there....

#983486 - 01/11/18 08:47 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
DRL Offline
Fry

Loc: Gig Harbor
DrifterWA, was nice meeting and chatting with you last Saturday, Hope we meet again.

#983489 - 01/12/18 06:45 AM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: DrifterWA]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
7400 access would create another problem.....

Anyone that has fished this river, knows that parking can be a problem...White Bridge, Cross Over Bridge, and Black Ck. have parking room for the "crowds of the 60's, the 70's, until about the late 90's".

Now the demands for parking, are ever increasing......just more people in general, but more guides....both drift and jet boat...and all the clients that need to park there cars.

Let assume 15 rigs want to launch at 7400 line, launch would/should be no problem.......but where to find parking for the "turn around service" or for the second car to get back to 7400 line. Remember White Bridge is going to have lots of rigs that have put in there and taken up available parking.

Black Creek needs 3 or 4 times the current parking, Cross Over area is a "pain in the ass".....

Oh well, Bumper boats, lack of parking, makes for a "enjoyable day"!!!!!

Exactly why I gave up.

#983490 - 01/12/18 06:46 AM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: jgreen]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: jgreen
One of the best solutions to the over crowding would be to focus on getting the A run hatchery run going back on the Cowlitz. Im sure plenty of guides wouldn't mind making their way back down there....

Exactly what should be done!

#983495 - 01/12/18 10:19 AM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: DRL]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: DRL
DrifterWA, was nice meeting and chatting with you last Saturday, Hope we meet again.

Thanks, the same..........boat pressure and fish caught have been about the same as your day on the river...

#983496 - 01/12/18 10:34 AM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
I fished the Nooch at Black cr for the first time in about 5 years on New Years Day. I forgot how insane the parking was. We watched a guy double park another rig. I figured he knew the guy, but he said "I'm only fishing for a couple hours, should be gone before he comes back." That takes some balls, or stupidity.

We caught fish pretty easy, but I don't think will be going back to Black Cr this winter. Too much of a hassle.

#983497 - 01/12/18 10:37 AM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: eyeFISH]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: In a drift boat...
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
A handful of guides holding keys are advertising their "private water" on FaceBook.

And just an FYI if you do book with one of these "guides" it isn't guaranteed you will even fish that river and certainly don't expect them to show up on time or have any gear tied up and ready to go.

#983516 - 01/12/18 04:01 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: RUNnGUN]
Numbqua Offline
Alevin

I noticed that the gate on the 7400 line was open the entire deer/elk season but closed just after the new year.

It's really sad that people who have lived here their entire life and fished up there for years no longer have access to the Upper Wynoochee even those who just want to bank fish but the out of town/state guys pay a fee and are in.

#983520 - 01/12/18 05:47 PM Re: 7400 Launch Property [Re: ]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: ReefSkunk
That’s great. The current deal of Girly fly guides from Montana buying overpriced keys and then claiming “private water” is completely fuckedup.

Who are the guide companies? I don't do facecrap. Why not mention their names? Hell I might book a trip? I understand they have as much right as anyone else to purchase keys, but if they are out of staters and locals don't think it's fair, some harassment goes a long way. Like having jet sleds on the Bogachiel. It's legal BUT, you might have trouble pulling out at the end of the day.

Edited by RUNnGUN (01/12/18 06:03 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, steely slammer), 1056 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645297 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |