Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#991905 - 08/02/18 05:51 PM I have a problem with this
RICH G
Unregistered

https://komonews.com/news/local/teen-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder-in-death-of-kent-officer

I know this scenario, because I have seen the playbook and watched it play out first hand.

This irks me, because I know exactly what happened. Instead of putting the blame where it belongs, (with an officer likely driving his patrol vehicle in a manor which is outside of policy in a wreck less manor killing his coworker as a result, they blame some kid who had committed a gross misdemeanor. I am sure the Kent police has policy not allowing their officers to chase suspects for misdemeanor violations, but when things go wrong they have to falsely charge suspects with crimes to cover up bad conduct of officers to protect department image and mitigate civil liability.

Believe it, a cop died because his co-worker was "driving like he stole it", not because some kids discharged a firearm inside city limits.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.230

Edited by RICH G (08/02/18 05:53 PM)

#991906 - 08/02/18 05:59 PM Re: I have a problem with this [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I mean they charged the kids with unlawful possession of a firearm and the driver with 2nd degree murder, what would have happened it they would have just taken the license number of the vehicle and not chased it, maybe drove to the house of the register owner instead. If they would have done that nobody would have died, and three kids would not have to be falsely charged. The funny thing is they were not even charged with the crime they actually committed, reason being that crime does not justify chasing the vehicle and putting the community at risk or the death of a police officer.

#991907 - 08/02/18 06:21 PM Re: I have a problem with this [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
In possession of long barrel weapon under 18 = felony
In possession of short barrel weapon under 21 = felony
Scratched / unserialized weapon = felony
Drive by shooting = felony
Drugs and any weapon = felony
Felony reckless endangerment = felony
Evading and eluding / high speed chase = felony
Assault on a police officer = felony

These dipshits committed more than a handful of felonies. Fry em'.

#991909 - 08/02/18 06:38 PM Re: I have a problem with this [Re: ]
steeleworldwide
Unregistered

I have a problem with this too. Nobody should still be left in America with a last name like Garcia. Build that wall. MAGA!

However, seems like the police officer he killed was actually a Venezuelan. So unfortunately in this case we will have to let him go, as nothing of value was lost. Malt Liquor!

#991911 - 08/02/18 06:59 PM Re: I have a problem with this [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Yikes! Calm down Satan.

kim

#991912 - 08/02/18 08:15 PM Re: I have a problem with this [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

"In possession of long barrel weapon under 18 = felony
In possession of short barrel weapon under 21 = felony
Scratched / unserialized weapon = felony
Drive by shooting = felony
Drugs and any weapon = felony
Felony reckless endangerment = felony
Evading and eluding / high speed chase = felony
Assault on a police officer = felony?"

Yeah, but what is important is that all of those charges are known after the fact as a result of a police pursuit, not at the time the pursuit was initiated, all that was known at the time of the pursuit was unlawful discharge of a firearm in a parking lot. Sounds bad and all but not really that big of deal and definitely not worth a cop giving his life up for and certainly not worth putting the kids they were chasing and the public at risk of loss of life and destruction of property.
at least that's my opinion.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.230.

I ain't down on the cops, they just are doing what they do but it isn't worth chasing cars if its not a life or death situation.

Edited by RICH G (08/02/18 09:24 PM)

#991915 - 08/02/18 09:11 PM Re: I have a problem with this [Re: ]
Excitable Bob Online   happy
Returning Adult

Loc: fuctifino
Come on down where we can play
Come on down to my boat baby
Come on down we'll sail away.

#991917 - 08/02/18 09:31 PM Re: I have a problem with this [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

I guess Rich. As you know, cops have to work with incomplete information all the time plus the facts of any situation are generally found post incident. If I were a cop and someone fired a shot in a parking lot, I'd mostly assume a felony of some sort was / is being committed.

With that, I agree that it was a dumb decision to chase. This wasn't the first chase that ended badly.

#991951 - 08/03/18 07:45 PM Re: I have a problem with this [Re: ]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Those teens were just drinking, selling dope, and firing dozens of rounds from handguns in a bar parking lot. Then the police went and harassed them.
I bet those boys were turning their lives around and planning to attend trade school.
The driver's dad is such a good parent that he reported his truck stolen after his son told him what happened. Just trying to protect his kid's bright future.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |