THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#677373 - 04/15/11 01:27 PM Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it??????
Bathtub Bob Offline
Parr

Loc: Rochester, Wa
Lost Rod ,4/14, Chathlamet. Clifton Channel Old 1960 abu 6000 reel Converted to direct drive,very sentimental old school. You can have the fish on the other end. Marina has info of owner. Fishing is getting better only because it sucked before. beathead rolleyes

#677379 - 04/15/11 02:46 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: ]
Bathtub Bob Offline
Parr

All I can say,HE LOVED THAT REEL SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!! . He dove out of a 20ft seahawk northriver. All he got was wet!!!!! and cold. Somewhere we have to get are priorities right. Ok it just was there and he jumped!!!! Everyone is Ok, hot shower,motorhome to keeo warm and we came home to think about it...!!!!!!! So if you oldschool guys have a older 6000abu to sell, let me know!!!!!!!!!!!! some day i will tell you my days jumping out of a boat !!!!!!! not once but twice!!!!!!!!! I know stupid. All i can say its in the gene pool ,

#677386 - 04/15/11 03:41 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: Bathtub Bob]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Sorry I didn't get this up last night for you Bob.... got thoroughly engrossed in paying office bills and preparing documents for quarterly taxes.

Was getting ready to post something now... but lo and behold... it's already here.

Glad he's OK and will live another day to try for the big one.

As for losing the rod.... been there, done that. Certainly NOT one of my proudest moments. But no way I would have dived into a frigid CR for it.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#677388 - 04/15/11 04:02 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: Bathtub Bob]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
Wow! What part of the troll? I was there yesterday morning, numb hands when a couple of those squals came through.

I plan on fishing there again tommorrow after work. For sure, I'm tickling the bottom.

Yesterday there were only two dozen or so boats there. Chances are someone will find it if there is more weekend pressure.

#677389 - 04/15/11 04:16 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: eyeFISH]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Hey, Doc. The water,47 °F, was warmer than the air temperature, 42 °F, around one o'clock yesterday afternoon. Snow in the hills from the night before, as well, when one could see that far through the weather.

#677391 - 04/15/11 04:23 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: slabhunter]
fishenfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: DASHPOINT
Wednesday we lost a large new wind sock, the week B4 I lost a $450 pair of glasses overboard, another time (quite a few years ago) I lost a 10 HP honda trollin Motor, and I had a Electric Cannon Down Rigger fall off my boat, I don't drink any more cuz it was gettin expensive.

#677392 - 04/15/11 04:23 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: slabhunter]
escapee Offline
Spawner

Loc: Marysville, Wa., USA
keep your eye on ebay for a while, you can find any abu you want there eventually. won't be cheap but you will find one.

#677393 - 04/15/11 04:33 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: slabhunter]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Bob:

Might have ABU 6000, just need to get a few pawls, to replaced ones. I do have 5000's, 5000D, 6000

Here is a picture......sorry you lost the rod and reel.......and the fish.....these are all right handed, I changed 25+ years ago, to left handed crank, so some are that old.... plus 5 or 6 others.....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#677396 - 04/15/11 04:54 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: DrifterWA]
ronnie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lacey
Bobby,

If I had one, I would give it to you. Did the Heartland go bye-bye too?
I hope not. I can't get those any more. Give me a call.

#677409 - 04/15/11 06:22 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: fishenfool]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

I can relate. Dropped my glasses attempting to tie up after launching at Cathlamet. Could have paid for part of my fuel bill this season. 159 bucks for replacement lenses and cheap frames out of pocket. Polorized and the anti back glare were my expenses beyond coverage, way more expensive than just a couple of years ago.

#677429 - 04/15/11 08:15 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Need more info before we can determine if he belongs in the DanS/Stlhdr1 "rod tossing with fish on" club.

Hey now.... DON'T BRING THAT UP. It HURTS everytime....

Keith rofl

#677432 - 04/15/11 08:28 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Man...if I had everything that I've lost overboard, left at a camp, left at a boat launch, or had disappear into thin air...or borrowed out to people that they utterly failed to return...I'd never have to buy a fishing rod, fishing reel, oars, pfd's, or various pieces of outdoor clothing again!

Good luck...sucks even worse that there was a fish on the end.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#677448 - 04/15/11 09:25 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: Todd]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

The fish are just now starting to show. I don't like this extrapolated boulderdash.

The willi five year olds are starting to show. No upriver fish to be seen here...

#677450 - 04/15/11 09:29 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: Todd]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Originally Posted By: Todd
Man...if I had everything that I've lost overboard, left at a camp, left at a boat launch, or had disappear into thin air...or borrowed out to people that they utterly failed to return...I'd never have to buy a fishing rod, fishing reel, oars, pfd's, or various pieces of outdoor clothing again!

Good luck...sucks even worse that there was a fish on the end.

Fish on...

Todd

I feel the same way about just the Sh!t I've lost in your Van!

#677452 - 04/15/11 09:41 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Sorry Keith. It was funny when DanS did it, but it's starting to lose it's humor factor.

No biggie... Just a $800 setup... That's the part that makes me cringe...

Keith thumbs

#677463 - 04/15/11 10:50 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: stlhdr1]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

So if read correctly. you were trolling down the midway, towards the cattle barge??? I suspect it would be West of the dead head, up on the sand?

#677508 - 04/16/11 10:17 AM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: slabhunter]
Bathtub Bob Offline
Parr

Hans , We were in middle , between cigar and cannery about 10ft. We had 3 bites in that area. Will be going back sun-tue. Thanks to Drifter He has a reel for bro to convert. Bill i will try to catch you some groceries !!!!!!!! again thanks .

#677514 - 04/16/11 11:17 AM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: Bathtub Bob]
Chetco Offline
Smolt

Loc: OR
Bathtub Bob may need another name ( DEEP SIX )

#677525 - 04/16/11 01:33 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: Chetco]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: AM
It was funny when DanS did it

Funny for you, maybe.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#677545 - 04/16/11 03:23 PM Re: Doc has done it !!!!!! Now we have done it?????? [Re: ]
MrOlearhy Offline
Smolt

Loc: Western, WA
Once the shock wears off all you can do it laugh or cry. Laughing in public and crying in private is more manly. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Excitable Bob, 1 invisible), 575 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |