Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#711459 - 10/20/11 12:44 PM BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video
Cobbly Cruiser Offline
Creepy Cat Guy

Edited by Cobbly Cruiser (10/20/11 12:45 PM)

#711466 - 10/20/11 12:53 PM Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video [Re: Cobbly Cruiser]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Didn't watch the video...but I've done some reading on the proposed project before...the combination of the ultra-destructive tar sand extraction methods, a trans-continental pipeline, and gigantic supertankers going through tight and twisted fjords for hundres of miles, this is just another project that is one small and virtually certain to happen fuckup away from something worse than the Valdez fuckup, or the Gulf spill fuckup.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#711497 - 10/20/11 02:22 PM Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video [Re: Todd]
Sebastes Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe,WA.
The anti-pipeline group that produced this video have put big bucks into producing it.

The Tar Sands projects are all about money. It is fueling Alberta's economy which is
booming.

I'm sure Albertans will be for such a pipeline, BC er's mostly against.

Having been throughout the B.C. region where this project will occur if built and the shipping routes, and to Alberta's Tar Sand on photographic assignments, these scenes are familiar.

I would expect that the risks will be similar to the trans-Alaska Pipeline.

Projects like this and the Bristol Bay watershed Pebble Mine and a
proposed B.C. hydro project on the Peace River, can have significant
impact on these regions.

I'm not keen on the idea of the proposed pipeline, but I expect it is all going to be about money, so we will see what happens.

Edited by Sebastes (10/20/11 02:31 PM)

#711498 - 10/20/11 02:22 PM Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video [Re: Todd]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water

The whole thing is insane the biggest market in the World is right here and they want to start exporting NG and Crude just so companys that pay 0 or very little taxes can stick it to everyone in North America.

There's a sucker born every minute

#711534 - 10/20/11 04:57 PM Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video [Re: SBD]
Fishrhead Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: The Silver Mountain.
The only reason for that is a 100,000,000 in the bank at the end of the year, they don't need the oil, the trees, the fish, the jobs, the tackle shops, the publicity, the pride, the knowledge, the life, the middle-fingers, the spirit bears, or any guy named fishrhead with a 100/0 Gamakatsu si-wash in his hand ready to do his business.

#711538 - 10/20/11 05:24 PM Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video [Re: Fishrhead]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
That's F'd up chit.Hopefully it doesn't happen.Good luck,
SZ

#712016 - 10/21/11 04:30 PM Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Greed once again tries to overpower common sense. I for one am so sick of greedy "profit at any cost" companies that don't give a [censored] about anything but filling the pockets of the @ssholes (major stock holders) that drive this sh!t. There may be a time when they say "What have we done?".....but by then it will be too late. By then no amount of money will be able to save them or us. People say they want smaller government and deregulation. Who are those people? The same d-bags that are making the money. I have no problem with making money...it's just when it's done by screwing the environment and the common man that makes me sick. I've worked in corporate America and I'm glad I'm away from it because it really was causing a heartfelt conflict inside of me so I bailed and will never go back! I will starve rather than go back. Take a look at Bank of America, Chase Bank and the other big banks and oil companies etc. They say they contribute to environmental causes....and they do but it's a mere token as opposed to the damage they do.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 364 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |