Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35529 - 10/07/06 02:28 PM Friday razor clamming
janabike Offline
Smolt

Loc: JNU/KTN (summer) SEA off seaso...
How was razor clamming for everybody Friday PM ?

Hopefully it was better than ours !

After sitting in traffic for hours- essentially Northgate to Olympia I got to the Grayland area at about 5:45 (two hours later than planned).

We ended up getting our limits, but had to work much harder than usual, with lots of very small clams.

They just were not showing well at all- or maybe my eyes were crossed from staring at brake lights for four hours.

We may have to try again Sunday or Monday !

So glad to be home to experience the best of the Northwest- TRAFFIC !

#35530 - 10/07/06 04:13 PM Re: Friday razor clamming
MooseMorgan Offline
Alevin

Loc: Port Angeles, Wa
Just out of Curiosity, what is the limit here in Washington State... I don't have a fish regs with me... I know it's good at Clam Gulch, AK... Hope it gets better for ya...

#35531 - 10/07/06 04:17 PM Re: Friday razor clamming
janabike Offline
Smolt

15 clams per person and you must keep the first 15 dug, regardless of size or condition.

#35532 - 10/07/06 06:30 PM Re: Friday razor clamming
cheapskate Offline
Spawner

We started digging at 3:30 around the Graylands area. Either we were at a bad spot, or we just sucked at finding them. We had to walk around quite a bit to find some concentrations (not like the April dig, where the big clams were in one small area that we walked into)

Took me and my dad about 2 hours to get our limits. Most were small, and only a handful of big ones for us.

Some folks were doing quite well with big clams.

BTW We got checked for licenses by the wardens on the way to the car. They even counted our clams to make sure we were at 15. So, count your clams carefully before going back to your vehicle, and don't be tempted to take an extra clam or two.

#35533 - 10/08/06 01:17 AM Re: Friday razor clamming
free time Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: grocery clerk
our family went down to Grayland and spanked em, we got our 70 clams. They were showing great! best clamming weather in along time for us.

#35534 - 10/08/06 01:37 AM Re: Friday razor clamming
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

We went Saturday on the north side, between Ocean City and Copalis. Dug limits in about 25 minutes, finishing 40 minutes before low tide. Most of ours were nice size, by contemporary standards, 5-6", with a few at 4 and 2 babies.

It was a lot of fun for me, as it's the first time I've been clam digging since 1969. I need some practice, as I cracked a few shells. My girlfriend is the expert. She limited before me and only cracked one shell.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

#35535 - 10/08/06 01:45 AM Re: Friday razor clamming
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
I brought my wife today, a Cali girl who's never been. After about an hour she was spotting them about 3x better than I.
I pretty much had to drag her out there pissing and moaning, but after her first few she really picked it up and had a great time.
We set out for Pac Beach but ended up driving up the beach to Moclips...just to find parking. We ended up way at the North end of Moclips..If you were there you might have seen us wearing orange glowsticks.
wink

#35536 - 10/08/06 02:51 AM Re: Friday razor clamming
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Four of us went on the beach at 4:30 and they were showing all over. I had to pace myself so I didn't have to get right back in the car and drive home. At 6 before we walked back to the car I looked right at the edge of the water on a little spit and there were hundreds of shows. All of our clams were decent size. Weather was great.

#35537 - 10/09/06 11:48 AM Re: Friday razor clamming
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Went to grayland and started digging @ 5:00 PM had our four limits by 5:30 we found some nice one's but had a few smaller one's in the mix.All the holes looked like the same size making hard to find the big one's.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#35538 - 10/09/06 01:07 PM Re: Friday razor clamming
janabike Offline
Smolt

We went back to Westport Sunday, didn't hit any traffic the whole way, and had our limits in 15 minutes.

And found a new crab pot in the surf !

a much better trip than Fridays.

Now I gotta clean the clams.....

#35539 - 10/09/06 01:13 PM Re: Friday razor clamming
DiverX Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton
Took a friend out to Copalis. Got there before the clams were showing. Dug up a few ghost shrimp to teach my friend. Could have gotten our limit in 20 minutes after the clams showed, but we decided to wait until more beach was exposed. Dug on only good shows and got lots of 6" clams. We broke a few as it was a learning experience. Got our limit by 6: PM.

#1006035 - 03/26/19 09:14 PM Re: Friday razor clamming [Re: janabike]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
anybody going on the next opener?

#1006213 - 03/29/19 08:04 AM Re: Friday razor clamming [Re: fish4brains]
DrifterWA Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...

Originally Posted By: fish4brains

100,000 of your closest friends....

Traffic will be xucked up in Aberdeen again.....

Have a good time...…..

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1006221 - 03/29/19 10:36 AM Re: Friday razor clamming [Re: DrifterWA]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

Originally Posted By: fish4brains

100,000 of your closest friends....

Traffic will be xucked up in Aberdeen again.....

Have a good time...…..

Melanie and I are regular "diggers, the only time I have had issues in Aberdeen/Hoquiam was when bridges were closed. That being said, we leave with enough time to be there 2 hours before low. If you're slow you deal with the traffic. Bob R

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |