This goes back a long time. Back in the 1970's the WDFW was granted an easment for the purpose of fishing. The owner of the pit has repeatedly blocked access to fishermen by locking a gate or posting the property. The site is just downstream of the I-5 bridge near the Vader Ryderwood exit, mile mark 59 on I-5. This is not the boat launch almost under the bridge, it is the legal access at the Wallace gravel pit.

See old thread below.

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum...ff_gives_o.html

I had gone down there to test the waters back in this time period, 2002-2003, one to see if I could catch anything, and two, to make sure that a paid for easment was accessible. Got in one time, and another time the gate was locked.

Anyway, last week I received a call from the assistant attorney general's office, specifically Jim Schwartz, asking about my experience down there. Jim has asked that anyone who has fished down there, or has tried to fish down there give him a call 360-586-4034. He would like to hear from you on your experiences.

Thanks

P.S. Bob Reid, aka Cowlitzfisherman, if you are still out there, sorry for being a dick on this issue when I first saw it. My apologies. Access to rivers is very important, so thanks for your previous efforts.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.